How can I get my PNC debit card work with Samsung Pay?

fohamr

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I just really don't understand what the problem is. It scans from the phone and asks me for my pin so I put it in. Everything seems to be going fine and then boom "transaction declined" or "Please use other form of payment". I have a Bank of America credit card that works fine so I know it works somehow, its just that I try to keep the credit card low balance to improve my credit so i try to use my debit card.

Ive seen people suggest charging my debit card as credit but then I ask why? Why do I have to charge my debit as credit? That's not mentioned in the Samsung Pay directions as far as I'm concerned.

And yeah I did contact PNC bank to see if the trouble was on their side but they claim that they don't even see the declined transactions that were declined. So now I'm stuck in a disappointing limbo where I can't use my main source of payment: the debit card. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
While I don't have specific expierence with this I did find the Samsung Pay Support page which has Q&A as well as support contact info. Just scroll to the bottom for the contact us info...

Samsung Pay

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
just curious: why don't you want to use your credit card in lieu of a debit card, esp if that will solve the problem you are having with the debit transactions.

fohamr

May 19, 2016
Visit site
like I said I try to keep my credit balance low. Also just tried my debit card and charged it as credit and it works... Still don't know why debit cards used as debit charges is declined

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you use the pin number that is from your actual physical debit card. Not the pin for Samsung pay. This has caused confusion in the past. If you are using your debit card pin, call your bank and see if they can help.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
With PNC you have to force the terminal to process it as credit. It has never worked for me as debit. Ever.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

skorpyo2011

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Cumberland farms gas station seems to be a big no w samsung pay pnc debit, maybe the only solution is just to put phone over card swiper area (where I never hv a problem)and not above the nfc symbol above the machine.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I have PNC also and just tried samsung pay on the Gear S3 Frontier and I'm running into the same issues. I haven't tried forcing it to Credit, but I may. PNC works great with Android Pay, I'll let everyone know what happens when I try to use credit.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Finally I'm not the only one having this same problem! Here is my story. When I bought the Note 7 I started using Samsung Pay for my PNC debit card. For the for the first two months it was working when using it as debit. The only store giving me issues was Walmart. When I had to get the S7 Edge due to the recall of the Note 7 the debit card was still working as debit on the new phone. Some time early November when Samsung Pay had gotten two updates I couldn't use the card as debit anymore.. From then till now I can only Use my PNC debit card as credit. This can be a big problem because if I need to take out money from my account at the registers I can't do it now... I tried going on Samsung Pay's site for answers and there was nothing. Tried my bank and they didn't know anything either. This is total bull**** now because I need to use my debit card as debit. Not as credit. It defeats the purpose of being able to get money from the account...

Mkg32360

Mar 17, 2017
Visit site
I too am having this problem with my PNC debit card transactions using Samsung pay. I have not tried running the card as credit, because I want to get cash back. I wind up pulling the card out of my wallet to complete the transaction. I find this to be an annoyance.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this problem too! It's very weird. I was at Walmart and used my S3 frontier and it accepted it, entered my PIN and then it said declined. Had to pull out my card and manually do it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member