Samsung Pay resets itself? Why?

J_A_Fauske

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I read about Samsung Pay adding "Loyalty cards" to the app.
I added my Safeway Club card to the three credit cards already working perfectly (for a couple months) on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
During the Add process, Beaming Service for Samsung was recommended to be installed.
I initially declined that installation and my Safeway Club card was now 1 of four cards showing in my Simple Pay screen when I swipe up on my home screen.
While stepping through the steps to practice using my newly added card, I accepted the Beaming Service for Samsung install suggestion.
As part of the installation, apparently Samsung Pay "Reset" itself and all my cards were GONE!
I tried restarting my S7 and still ALL GONE!

Now, I GET to go through the process of adding my cards back in, wasting my bank/credit card companies' time as well as my own time and patience.

This is not appropriate behavior for building user trust in a software product! Confidence LOST!
So, I'm required to keep all my cards with me as backup, just in case Samsung Pay decides to "Reset" itself again.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Pulled phone out this morning to pay and found I had no cards registered. Re-registered Amex, Chase kept saying Registration failed. Called Samsung, re-installed Spay and got first Chase card registered, second failed still. Removed first Chase card at tech's request, then neither registers. Had previously called Chase and they didn't seem to see any problems. Grumble. ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol