Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ROM Developer

Default EF27 Update

For anyone that is on stock and cant wait to get the update here is the zip file

copy it to your sd card (the root of it) and rename it update.zip, boot into recovery mode and apply update.zip.

firehak is the one who pulled this from his cache, so make sure to give him a nice thanks for letting everyone update early

anyone on leaf rom this update will fail, youll need to wait til some nice person on stock pulls us the images
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: EF27 Update

My younger brother is still on stock with the exception of the KillingMeSoftly root exploit. I'll make a dump if that's close enough?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    ROM Developer

i need the stock with updates, so if thats ok then sure .. also i seem to have lost the stock image i had for yall so i need it to work on that other.. side project >.>

ROM
    Stock

I can't provide complete stock unfortunately, but at least this is a start. I'll make a dump when my brother gets home.
    Thanked by:

What do we need here - I dumped /dev/stl5 I believe it was (or was it stl12) prior to going to leaf rom. Is that enough? I imagine I could push that back to my phone (undoing leaf rom) and then do the update, and then provide that. Of course, if firehak's brother can update, then that should be what we need, and will save me the time of rolling back! And thanks firehak for the file! Sprint has not yet pushed it to me, not that I could install it anyway!

So Shabby - will this help us figure out how to get further into the ROM, and perhaps install a new kernel. install_recovery.sh shows the following:

applypatch BML:boot:7200768:d34d1efbc127b8c261d8c5432aa60ed448325496 BML:recovery 9e37c4d360c3e9b460845a86a413d4acbcfa8532 7503872 d34d1efbc127b8c261d8c5432aa60ed448325496:/system/recovery-from-boot.p

You have any idea what this will do for us?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    ROM Developer

actually im pretty sure i have a way to flash kernels now, as for stock dmrlock yes id like that please

Thanked by:

Wow Shabby...you are just really persistent with this phone. Thanks so much for actually giving it some effort, unlike other developers who don't give the less popular phones a second glance.

I had a moment of panic this morning. I've already flashed Leaf, and this morning my phone gets a notice that this was available. It was 5:30am, and in my stupor I thought it was my alarm, so I hit what I thought was snooze, but was actually the "update" button. The phone rebooted and threw me an error and I was afraid I bricked it. I just hit the reboot button and *poof* everything was fine and dandy.

Crisis averted!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    ROM Developer

hahah yea its all just patches so unless your stuff matches MD5, exactly on stock.. it wont update

ROM
    Stock

Any tricks on how to stop it from popping up? It's starting to get a bit annoying with how often it tells me to update. Maybe changing "ro.build.version.incremental=ED23" to EF27, along with the other lines that show ED23 in build.prop?

What if you delete update.zip from your phone and reboot. I imagine the message will go away, of course, it may download again, unless sprint is tracking what phones it was pushed out to.

I got the update pushed out this morning and have not yet installed (as I know it will error out). My phone is also reminding me as well.

ROM
    Stock

That's the first thing I did after sending the file out to Shabby. I guess it constantly checks whether you have the update in /cache as well. Mine has been re-downloaded.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    ROM Developer

yes editing teh build.prop will stop it.. once i get someone to update and send me stl12 ill make version 3 based on it

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    yes editing teh build.prop will stop it.. once i get someone to update and send me stl12 ill make version 3 based on it
    I don't mean to repeat myself, but I'll have it soon. I would have had it yesterday but my brother stayed at his friends house for another night. I told him to update so I could dump his phone when he got home, so hopefully it doesn't fail because of a rooted phone. Aside from that, he is completely at stock.

Firehak...let me know if your bros phone failed to update so I can fall back to stock and install the update for shabby. However I've looked at the update and I do not believe being rooted will cause any issues for him.

ROM
    Stock

Will do. He just came home and handed me his phone. I'm currently compressing the stock ED23 rooted dump and will manually apply update.zip once his battery isn't near dead. It might not be necessary to provide this dump too, but it's more or less a "just in case" thing. I know I did a dump of my phone with LeafRom 0.1 already, but I'm not too knowledgeable about how Android works yet. I'd love to learn more about how Shabby does what he does, especially with an older brother who makes a living off reverse-engineering software.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    ROM Developer

no it wont

ROM
    Stock

Here is a stock to hold you over! His battery is at about 10% still, so it might be about an hour before it's safe to apply the update and dump.

ROM
    Stock

Double post to bump/notify. I have it updated and su still exists, but I have lost root privileges. Shall I re-root, or are there methods of dumping without it to obtain a complete stock image?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    ROM Developer

reroot should be fine

ROM
    Stock

Alright, then I'll be content with just making a tar of /system. I pushed busybox to /data/local before I saw your reply and had it start doing a "tar cvf /mnt/sdcard/dump/dump.tar /system" I'll attempt re-rooting soon, so you should have all your files today

EDIT: Running into problems rooting, maybe KillingMeSoftly got patched out. I can run it, but I can't remount stl12 as /system afterwards. Tried the batch script and manually. Suggestions? Or will a tar of just system be enough?
    Last edited by firehak; 07-19-2011 at 07:36 PM.

ROM
    Stock

More double post goodness! This is the after the EF27 update while I have trouble rooting.

Glad you were able to get it. I would not be surprised if the update fixed the exploit that let us root.
    Shabby - should I go to leaf .2 or just wait for .3. What is your plan for .3? Is it .2 with the update?

ROM
    Stock

It sucks not being able to grab a full dump, but /system is the bulk of it, at least. If I can manually grab anything else with busybox that will help until root is achieved, let me know.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast