free 3g internet

sharbev

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to know if there's a way to get free 3g internet? Someone told me yes if I root my phone but I have no idea about any of that stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the samsung replenish through sprint

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
No, you have to go through the companies towers to get the signal to begin with. You only get what you're paying for.

sharbev

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. It was confusing, b/c my phone through tmobile still works after an entire yr (the internet, not the voice part)

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, then sorry. Maybe you can, I'm pretty new to Android and data plans. Never cared much for phones until I started playing around with them

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Rooting gives you elevated privileges on your phone. Most users have no use for it unless you see an app the says it requires root.

bodyman

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't feel bad, I'm so phone slow its ridiculous. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of roooting lol

The purpose of rooting is to allow you the ability to do more with your phone. Like using Titanium backup to back up your files to you sd card. Or to remove the excessive bloatware that you never use that is on the /system (which is locked, not rewritable). And to flash roms. I will be working on roms for this phone soon, got to clean computer up and install ubuntu so I can. (Tired of looking at windoze anyway)

sharbev

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok I see. I don't think I need rooting. (Unless it will give me more space on this thing lol) kinda mad I paid for groove ip b/c someone told me it won't work unless phone is rooted

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Rooting won't give you more space, but it will allow you to remount the /system directory as writable to remove apps for a little extra room. We can't do much until bodyman's port of the DarkTremor app is finished. Then (provided you have a decently sized sd card) we'll finally have some space

swtnss

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to know if there's a way to get free 3g internet? Someone told me yes if I root my phone but I have no idea about any of that stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the samsung replenish through sprint

yess you can, you can use foxfi without root to tether your replenish.its free. go to google play. there are alot of wifi tethering apps that you can use for internet access for free.

tr0yz1488

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
The reason for roofing any Android Device just.to.clarify isn't get SuperUser capabilities, and being able to turn in/off internal rw. Android is open source meaning if you have the ability depending on the phones hardware opens up.unlimited possibility. With this phone its low end so not much is possible only reason in here cause my dad thought he'd save money and buy this phone instead of the one I told him to buy and since u all know. This phone has basically no internal storage, so main reason user's would root this device is to use a ext 2/3/4 not sure since I just arrived which are possible with this phone and too flash a custom kernel which allows you too freely tether and overclock the device. But basically it depends on if a developer gets the phone you have and decides there gonna mod it. Unless u yourself are a developer your stuck till someone posts the files u need on forum. I'm gonna see what I can do for this device. I'm only here cause my father is stuck with this phone but anything I develop I will happily upload to forum and make a thread. I myself use my iPhone 3gs/ iPhone 5 and my Samsung Galaxy 4g and my favorite device so far Galaxy S3. Let me get more aquanted with the device from what I've seen all that's missing is I don't think the device comes with a stock recovery which means a PC is needed for root which blows so. Let me read up see if I can compile a cwm recovery flash able. Zip and ill move from there cause having to use Odin to root such a low end device seems silly with how far we've come some Android 1.5 -Android ICS

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

TurboPirate

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
The reason for roofing any Android Device just.to.clarify isn't get SuperUser capabilities, and being able to turn in/off internal rw. Android is open source meaning if you have the ability depending on the phones hardware opens up.unlimited possibility. With this phone its low end so not much is possible only reason in here cause my dad thought he'd save money and buy this phone instead of the one I told him to buy and since u all know. This phone has basically no internal storage, so main reason user's would root this device is to use a ext 2/3/4 not sure since I just arrived which are possible with this phone and too flash a custom kernel which allows you too freely tether and overclock the device. But basically it depends on if a developer gets the phone you have and decides there gonna mod it. Unless u yourself are a developer your stuck till someone posts the files u need on forum. I'm gonna see what I can do for this device. I'm only here cause my father is stuck with this phone but anything I develop I will happily upload to forum and make a thread. I myself use my iPhone 3gs/ iPhone 5 and my Samsung Galaxy 4g and my favorite device so far Galaxy S3. Let me get more aquanted with the device from what I've seen all that's missing is I don't think the device comes with a stock recovery which means a PC is needed for root which blows so. Let me read up see if I can compile a cwm recovery flash able. Zip and ill move from there cause having to use Odin to root such a low end device seems silly with how far we've come some Android 1.5 -Android ICS

I just started to search and read about the root thing, found a detail steps for newbies, also got the 2 things mention fr rooting, but this is my first smart phone ever, so many of the things I read I find it like Chinese to me, the files names are odin and su. Not sure if I am allowed to upload them, but I'll it a try.

Never mind, already mention here, exactly what I was gonna upload at the same link below the androidcentral's link
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...method-samsung-replenish-android-2-3-6-a.html
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1545112

Last edited:

swtnss

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

you dont have to use the odin to root. I didnt use it and my phone is rooted. you can try superoneclick or i used this method in this thread and its permanently rooted. if you try overclocking it will only go to 600 and maximum. i have cwm on my phone, thats the only thing i used the odin for, not to root.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
you dont have to use the odin to root. I didnt use it and my phone is rooted. you can try superoneclick or i used this method in this thread and its permanently rooted. if you try overclocking it will only go to 600 and maximum. i have cwm on my phone, thats the only thing i used the odin for, not to root.

Dmrlooks kernel oc to 787

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

Mike Riggans

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a keyocera rise prepaid cell phone. Its a prepaid phone. I bought it only to use with wifi to play games surf the web on wifi and use for the camera and as an mp3 player and for movies. An all around toy. 2 weeks after I bought it all of a sudden the 3g data service came on on its own. All of a sudden I have free mobile web. I can get on the internet anywhere for free. No plan no service no bills. Just free internet. Weird but it has been like this for three months now with no change. I have no idea if virgin mobile is giving it out for free to draw people in for a while or a glitch. But it is nice. Thinking about buying another to see if the glitch repeats itself on another phone. Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs