Leafrom, then boom, no 3g, no bars.

dentid4h3d

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
... and I didn't back up first. So now I'm stuck with a brick that drops calls like crazy. 3g is on, then off. Then it's on again... then off. Then it'll be on for an hour before being off for 2 hours.

My bars go up to three -max, before drifting back to zero.

I'm probably just going to re-activate my blackberry and chalk up this one as a $50.00 loss.

Goodbye cruel modding world.

Freakb18c1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
goto settings and system updates then click on update profile and update prl and you'll be fine. i also have experience this after the flash its not a big deal.

or download data toggle and simply "toggle your data connection off/on

dentid4h3d

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Trying that now.

Update Profile: check, worked fine. Didn't do anything, however.

Update PRL: Failed, then succeeded on attempt two.

Data Toggle is no longer available for download (forget that, I found Data Toggle). There is an app called apndroid I can download that toggles data, will try that.

All in all, I'm still not getting the same signal strength as I did before leafrom. 1-2 bars standard, 3 if I'm lucky. Before I got a consistent 4-5, 6 if I was lucky.

I will try apndroid and update this post. (Trying Data Toggle now)

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Even if the above suggestions don't work, all is not lost. Shabby also uploaded a rom that is flashed through odin. Nothing is changed from stock aside from being rooted.

dentid4h3d

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope that works out. Data toggle did nothing that the updates didn't already handle... but that doesn't settle the signal strength issue.

I deeply, deeply regret rooting my phone in the first place at this point. I'd give a kidney to go back to stock without root.

Update as of 2:53 pm, I've been at this since my lunch hour at 11 am. (CST):

My signal strength suddenly just improved. I appear to be back in business. I will keep everyone updated as I don't want Shab to think I'm insulting his work. Instead of overreacting and running back to the Sprint store to re-activate the bb, I'll just hold onto my new leafrom'd phone for a couple days and fiddle with it.

Last edited:

Freakb18c1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope that works out. Data toggle did nothing that the updates didn't already handle... but that doesn't settle the signal strength issue.

I deeply, deeply regret rooting my phone in the first place at this point. I'd give a kidney to go back to stock without root.

Update as of 2:53 pm, I've been at this since my lunch hour at 11 am. (CST):

My signal strength suddenly just improved. I appear to be back in business. I will keep everyone updated as I don't want Shab to think I'm insulting his work. Instead of overreacting and running back to the Sprint store to re-activate the bb, I'll just hold onto my new leafrom'd phone for a couple days and fiddle with it.

Are you on the east coast? My service has been horrible today as well. :confused:

dentid4h3d

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link Firehak, as of the end of my work day yesterday and this morning, Leafrom has been treating me quite well.

I'd like to apologize to the community for overreacting. Service was horrible yesterday, but leveled out this morning.

I guess now all I need is to know some good apps for a rooted phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool