Updates taking up precious space?

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The update to EF27 I noticed is a 9mb file, and I was wondering: is it taking up 9mb of precious space on my device that could be used for apps, since I am obviously not updating the device because I'm rooted and am running the LeafROM?

Is there a way to:

a) stop the update notification from occurring in the first place, and

b) get rid of the update file that is taking up space on my phone?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I assume you referring to the update.zip file on the SD card. If so, you can safely delete that, however it will be downloaded again until you fool your phone into thinking it is at EF27. Shabby released a small utility to change one file to make this happen. Look around this forum. I believe it is with the shabbymod post or the update post.

afreed1

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you find a way to stop the update notification?

Thanks.

I deleted the update file from the cache directory and edited the buildprop file in system by replacing all ED23 with EF27. I now have 9mb more space on the phone and no prompts to update to EF27. I was on EF27 stock before loading LeafROM and notice that the base-band is still EF27 so there was a radio update that stuck after loading LeafRom 0.2. I also replaced the stock recovery with CWM and made a nandroid of the stock setup before loading LeafROM.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX