Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: samsung replenish getting gingerbread update

Drose4, as with any update, it shouldn't, but there is always a possibility. Never forget to backup important things.

My younger brother has been on EF27 since the day it was released and hasn't complained to me about anything wrong with texting. Maybe you could factory wipe your wife's phone and see if that helps. You could also return it to ED23 with Shabby's odin image and re-upgrade. I may still have the update.zip for EF27 somewhere..

i put GB on it last night, gonna see if that does anything. i said something about sms on the update page from sprint. wait and see. like i said, not my phone so not 100% worried about it.

ROM
    Stock

Good luck. I say the same thing when my brother comes to me about problems with his..

So firehak. I have to plug my phone into my mac. Drag the file onto the momorycard. Then go from there?

Yes drose4 - just what you said. Connect to USB to the mac, drag and drop the file to root of CD card, , make sure the file is called "update.zip" without the quotes on SD card, reboot phone holding "U" while powering the phone on, and then select the option to update from update.zip

Firehak or anyone else - have you been able to root phone after installing GB. Still no luck here. I spent hour last night trying different exploits, all with no lucl=k.

ROM
    Stock

I'm not at home yet to test exploits

Wait dmrlook I haven't put the update on my phone and I just booted up while holding down u and there was already an update.zip on there. What does this mean.... I haven't put the new update on my phone yet. And where do I put the file on my sd card. Anywhere specific?

I don't believe you have an update.zip on there - that menu option is always available. Unless you just happened to get the OTA update.

Would it make a difference if I didn't make the updates name update.zip. would it be ok if I made it update2.zip

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by drose4 View Post
    Would it make a difference if I didn't make the updates name update.zip. would it be ok if I made it update2.zip
    It has to be update.zip. the recovery menu does not allow for searching or similar naming.

My phone already has a update.zip its very wierd

ROM
    EK.18

That may be from the last update. I would do as firehak has told you, with the additional step of copying that update.zip currently on the sdcard to your computer just in case. However, I would add that you don't sound that confident doing this, and haven't taken other people's direct instruction about 4 times now, so you may want to just wait til Sprint updates it for you.

I just tried to do the mannual update and it failed anyone knwo why

ROM
    Stock

I just tried to do the mannual update and it failed anyone knwo why
    Going by this thread, I can think of a number of reasons why your update failed. But, in the interest of being polite, I would suggest that when seeking help for a technical issue it's helpful to provide as much detail on your issue as possible. Since your post contained no information about your issue I cannot begin to help you, but would be glad to, if the information is given.

On a personal note. Thanks a million to firehak for posting the zip! Process was easy and I am having fun poking around my replenish again, it almost feels like a new phone! It was a nice surprise too as I had absolutely 0 expectation of this ever happening.

it says failed toread footer and verification failed

Still downloading.. can't wait!! Ope it works. This is my first android phone and would love if it was faster.. I hear gingerbread will helpop that?(:

ROM
    Stock

it says failed toread footer and verification failed
    double check that the file you added to the root folder on your SD card is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip

ES File Explorer is a free app that can be found in the market and will allow you to view the files on your phone and rename them, etc.

Well how come the update hasentbeen automatically sent to my device from stprint yet

ROM
    EK.18

Because, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, the OTA update may take up to 10 days to propagate to all users.

Ok haha its just hard to wait for me

Has your phone gotten the update

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by austinography View Post
    Going by this thread, I can think of a number of reasons why your update failed. But, in the interest of being polite, I would suggest that when seeking help for a technical issue it's helpful to provide as much detail on your issue as possible. Since your post contained no information about your issue I cannot begin to help you, but would be glad to, if the information is given.

On a personal note. Thanks a million to firehak for posting the zip! Process was easy and I am having fun poking around my replenish again, it almost feels like a new phone! It was a nice surprise too as I had absolutely 0 expectation of this ever happening.
    Glad to hear it worked. As you're the first person to confirm this, I know there is no issue with my download. I'm guessing drose4 has misplaced the file or named it incorrectly. Glad to be of some use to the community, even if you all would have gotten it sooner or later

No problem with the download here either.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

firehak,
    I used your zip file and it worked like a charm.

In other news, GB seems to be much better on space. I still have 80megs left when I would have had about 25 left at this point previously.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast