samsung replenish getting gingerbread update

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
That may be from the last update. I would do as firehak has told you, with the additional step of copying that update.zip currently on the sdcard to your computer just in case. However, I would add that you don't sound that confident doing this, and haven't taken other people's direct instruction about 4 times now, so you may want to just wait til Sprint updates it for you.

austinography

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to do the mannual update and it failed anyone knwo why

Going by this thread, I can think of a number of reasons why your update failed. But, in the interest of being polite, I would suggest that when seeking help for a technical issue it's helpful to provide as much detail on your issue as possible. Since your post contained no information about your issue I cannot begin to help you, but would be glad to, if the information is given.

On a personal note. Thanks a million to firehak for posting the zip! Process was easy and I am having fun poking around my replenish again, it almost feels like a new phone! It was a nice surprise too as I had absolutely 0 expectation of this ever happening.

austinography

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
it says failed toread footer and verification failed

double check that the file you added to the root folder on your SD card is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip

ES File Explorer is a free app that can be found in the market and will allow you to view the files on your phone and rename them, etc.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Going by this thread, I can think of a number of reasons why your update failed. But, in the interest of being polite, I would suggest that when seeking help for a technical issue it's helpful to provide as much detail on your issue as possible. Since your post contained no information about your issue I cannot begin to help you, but would be glad to, if the information is given.

On a personal note. Thanks a million to firehak for posting the zip! Process was easy and I am having fun poking around my replenish again, it almost feels like a new phone! It was a nice surprise too as I had absolutely 0 expectation of this ever happening.

Glad to hear it worked. As you're the first person to confirm this, I know there is no issue with my download. I'm guessing drose4 has misplaced the file or named it incorrectly. Glad to be of some use to the community, even if you all would have gotten it sooner or later ;)

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
firehak,
I used your zip file and it worked like a charm.

In other news, GB seems to be much better on space. I still have 80megs left when I would have had about 25 left at this point previously.

drose4

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
let me know when he gets the update. do you have the 2.3 update? could you post some screenshots so i can see what im getting all excited for

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Firehak, I used your file too, worked fine.

On the rooting issue, has anybody tried anything through adb? I'd never used it before manually, so I don't know what's normal, but I can't get the phone to mount there at all.

Last edited: