samsung replenish getting gingerbread update

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
lol, I am pretty sure now that this guy is just trolling, but he's doing a very good job at it. :)

In other news, my battery life seems to be improved, and after a few updates to a couple apps (maps, specifically, which takes up an insane amount of space), I still have 65MB of space left.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be dwindling in free space left even without installing apps, however I'm still with tentonbricks on having much more free space. Hopefully when we can deodex and customize we can push this a little further.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
i love the gingerbread update running so much better than any froyo rom i used now all we need is root

Hey, DId you return to stock before flashing the update, or can I just flash this GB Update while having a ROM on my phone? I have the Green Rom...I don't care about losing root at this point. I just wonder if I can flash this update while I have a ROM on my phone (as if i was flashing another rom) ..

or do I have to go through the ODIN stuff?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to go back to stock doing the ODIN stuff. The update will most likely abort otherwise (best case) or brick your phone (worst case).

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to go back to stock doing the ODIN stuff. The update will most likely abort otherwise (best case) or brick your phone (worst case).

Thanks. Did the ODIN - I haven't used ODIN since a couple phones ago, worked well.

I then updated to 27. .. the 9meg update.. Next I want to update to Gingerbread with the update.zip

I went into the stock recovery (which I know looks for update.zip) .. but I get an error. E:\ something error..

I know I have the file named update.zip

I wonder if it's a checksum / corruption error. I'll retry the download and report back, i guess, unless you can think of something else.. I know i'm on froyo 27 right now. and update.zip is on the root of my SD card.

ps. I bet that guy Trolling in this Forum - we'll come to find out he was trying to flash the update.zip on his iPhone all along. "You're not doing it right , buddy " . . lol

UPDATE:
---I'm Blind. I didn't realize there was an "ENTER" key on this Replenish (my wife's phone..i have a Nexus) .. I'm used to only having soft buttons. ALL the reboots I was doing, hitting the Home button instead of "ENTER". I . Feel. Dumb.

On that note, your instructions work! Thank you!

Last edited:

nubkill6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Wheres my ota update

your ota update obviously DOSNT !!! WANT YOU ! im waiting patentily waiting to see who all has it too see if i want tojust ignore it forever, or get it... if you WANT! gingerbread soo bad WAIT TILL JANURARY 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REPLENISHES WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE IT ! maybe you should read other posts, go on sprints website like i did and do the research yourself!, instead of flaming about how you DONT! have the update either.. honestly,i want the update. but its nothing to freak out over. calm down and quit worring about your ota. if you have THAT! big of a issue! NOT! having it yet, go to the SPRINT ! STORE! and MAKE! then do it. (goodluck) but seriously. quit spamming this thing just because you DONT! have it.. more like like 95% of us DONT! have it. (i honestly think they are just putting it on the boost mobile ones first because they are being shipped with it, same with never used replenish's) but still. oh well.. wait a few more days and youll have it. :-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X <--- you should do that.

drose4

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
your ota update obviously DOSNT !!! WANT YOU ! im waiting patentily waiting to see who all has it too see if i want tojust ignore it forever, or get it... if you WANT! gingerbread soo bad WAIT TILL JANURARY 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REPLENISHES WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE IT ! maybe you should read other posts, go on sprints website like i did and do the research yourself!, instead of flaming about how you DONT! have the update either.. honestly,i want the update. but its nothing to freak out over. calm down and quit worring about your ota. if you have THAT! big of a issue! NOT! having it yet, go to the SPRINT ! STORE! and MAKE! then do it. (goodluck) but seriously. quit spamming this thing just because you DONT! have it.. more like like 95% of us DONT! have it. (i honestly think they are just putting it on the boost mobile ones first because they are being shipped with it, same with never used replenish's) but still. oh well.. wait a few more days and youll have it. :-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X <--- you should do that.

yo chill bro. and could i not be getting the update cause i have a task killer running?

dakotajames2015

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
God I want this update bbad, downloading now. Second time. First time I got and error like " virification failed" or something. And wow drose. Chill out and do it yourself please.

nubkill6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
yo chill bro. and could i not be getting the update cause i have a task killer running?

if you had task killer running it wouldnt matter... task killer dosnt kill the apps that are installed on the phone it only kills the apps you make it kill, or the ones downloaded. under your "running applications" youll see software update, as long as you DONT! turn that off you will get it in the next few days. (last day in some cases being the 14th)

nubkill6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
God I want this update bbad, downloading now. Second time. First time I got and error like " virification failed" or something. And wow drose. Chill out and do it yourself please.

somtimes it will get stuck on the downloading screen, and youll have to take the battery out and then reinsert it. ik someone that already got it, and theres got stuck and they had to do a battery pull. when they redownloaded it, it downloaded in like 5minutes. and then she got gingerbread ..

drose4

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
if you had task killer running it wouldnt matter... task killer dosnt kill the apps that are installed on the phone it only kills the apps you make it kill, or the ones downloaded. under your "running applications" youll see software update, as long as you DONT! turn that off you will get it in the next few days. (last day in some cases being the 14th)
As long as I don't turn what off?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If you got verification failed, I am guessing you modified your phone in some way sprint is not expecting. I don't believe waiting for the ota will fix your issue. You will most likely need to odin back to stock.

jakeroxs

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys I have a problem, I had installed Leafrom so I ODIN'd back to ED23 then updated to EF27 and then used the update.zip that firehak provided to get to EK18. After applying the update the phone wouldn't get past the SAMSUNG logo at boot so I reODIN'd and tried again, now it won't let me update to EF27 and my baseband version is now EK18. Help?