Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung replenish getting gingerbread update

Update:
    Say thanks to firehak for posting the update zip.
    Instructions:
    Download the zip file and rename it to update.zip
    Then copy the update.zip file to the root of your sdcard
    Power off your phone the press and hold the power button and the u button untill the recovery menu shows.
    The using the arrow keys select spply update.zip and press enter the select yes and press enter
    The update will take about 10 minutes to complete
    If your on a coustom rom you'll need to restore to stock
    odin and ops files

pda tar (system, recovery, kernel. data)

1. Download and unzip the file. 2. Install the Samsung USB drivers 3. Put phone in Download Mode by holding Space, P and Power button until the Yellow Downloading message appears 4. Plug phone into USB port 5. Open Odin, you should see a yellow box with a com number 6. Select ops file and the PDA.tar in the appropriate Boxes 7. Click Start

this is a prerooted odin system image but for the most part, stock ( i wanna say the pre ef27 update but not too sure.)
    Thank shabbypenguin for posting the odin files to restore to stock
    Last edited by 30jon; 01-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    mcuevasi likes this.

Default Re: samsung replenish getting gingerbread update

I saw the notification pop up but when I went to install it, my phone said it was up to date.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The update isn't out yet. In the link it says it's coming in a few weeks.
    Thanked by:

This is great!

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Why won't it install!!!!!!!

I don't think it has been released yet. Has it? If so, is there an update.zip on your sdcard? What error are u getting?

When is the date it will come out

Good question - the sprint post referenced in the first post of this thread said a few weeks. So based on that, I'd expect mid to late Jan. So for all of us with custom ROMs on this phone, time to revert back to the stock ROM. Also will need to revert back to the custom recovery image for those of you who put on the CWM recovery. And it may also be necessary to unroot your phones, however I don't think that will matter.

If anyone has had GB pushed to the replenish, please let us know!
    Thanked by:
    GPOT 

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Could you give a tutorial on how to do all of that and provide links to any files needed. I will upload them to my server and post it on the wintergreen forums because it seems that I ****ed up a few people's phones .
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    odin and ops files

pda tar (system, recovery, kernel. data)

1. Download and unzip the file.
    2. Install the Samsung USB drivers
    3. Put phone in Download Mode by holding Space, P and Power button until the Yellow Downloading message appears
    4. Plug phone into USB port
    5. Open Odin, you should see a yellow box with a com number
    6. Select ops file and the PDA.tar in the appropriate Boxes
    7. Click Start

this is a prerooted odin system image but for the most part, stock ( i wanna say the pre ef27 update but not too sure.)
    mcuevasi likes this.

Has anyone gotten gingerbread yet.

ROM
    EK.18

Nope, I've tried to force update and it's not happening. According to Sprint, it should be out today.

Version Release date Description of Enhancement/Fix
    ---------------------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EK18 1/4/2012 - Gingerbread Android 2.3 upgrade
    - SMS messaging fix

Folks - to help the rest of us out, if any of you get the update pushed out, it would be great to save the update.zip file that will be on your SD Card before you run the update and upload it here. Then, the rest of us can upgrade more quickly as well. It looks like it starts today and will be done within 10 days.
    tentonbricks likes this.

While I'm excited about this, I'm also nervous about this weak phone having the power to run Gingerbread.

I heared its comming out starting today and should be to all devices within 10 days.Anyone got it yet?

I think the phone will be able to handle it. GB is supposed to be more efficient. Also, for those of you with leafrom or some other ROM, you will need to revert back to stock for the update to work. You may also want to unroot your phone, however I don't know if that is necessary.

has anyone gotten the notification yet?

Hey All - I've been working with the folks at Android Area 51 to create an ODIN image of a stock EF27 for the replenish (stock except for the fact that it is rooted). However the image I had that we created it from did not work well, so instead, the best way to get back to stock is to first use ODIN to get back to ED23 (there is a thread in the forum to get you there) and then reapply update.zip (also a thread here) to get to EF27. I just did that and now I am getting a message that I have a new 51 mb file that is ready to update my phone. I'm not sure how this could be GB, however I will give it a try. Also, there is no update.zip or any other file on my SD card that I can see, so I am not sure where this is coming from.

At any rate, so sort of update is in process. I'll let you all know what happens
    Last edited by dmrlook; 01-04-2012 at 05:57 PM.
    30jon likes this.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

If anyone gets the notification install the update and upload the update.zip or EF27toEK18.zip or any other .zip you suspect to be the update. For us who cant wait the 10 days. Please

Got some sort of update - 51.9 mbs, but I can not find the file anywhere on my SD card. I am running it now. I'll let you all know what happens.

Hey All - I now have GB. And I was unable to capture an update.zip as it was not on my SD card (or at least not visable to me sinice my phone is not rooted).

Hey All - working with folks at android area51 on a CWM recovery image for the new GB kernel. Will let you know when its available.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by dmrlook View Post
    Hey All - I now have GB. And I was unable to capture an update.zip as it was not on my SD card (or at least not visable to me sinice my phone is not rooted).

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dmrlook View Post
    I haven't been around these forums in awhile and it seems a whole bunch for this phone has popped up! If I remember right, the update.zip is stored in the /cache directory, not the sd card like it claims. I've got my and my brothers phone to attempt catching the update.zip file once I backup my current setup. I'm still on good ol' ED23 and LeafRom 0.2 at the moment. Once it's updated I'll be testing out random exploits on it. How did the update process go?

Update process was easy - about 10 minutes. Just need to be on EF27 with the stock recovery image. I did however loose root and am currently unable to root. Working on getting root permits again and will update you all when I get there.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast