Rooting GINGERBREAD.EK18

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
what did u put into bash to get it to dump ur data? i cant seem to get it to work for anything

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/GB/mibib
dd if=/dev/block/bml2 of=/sdcard/GB/qcsbl
dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/GB/oemsbl
dd if=/dev/block/bml4 of=/sdcard/GB/amss
dd if=/dev/block/bml8 of=/sdcard/GB/arm11boot
dd if=/dev/block/bml9 of=/sdcard/GB/boot.img
dd if=/dev/block/bml10 of=/sdcard/GB/recovery.img
dd if=/dev/block/stl12 of=/sdcard/GB/system.rfs
dd if=/dev/block/stl13 of=/sdcard/GB/data.rfs

However, all that is needed is recovery.img, boot.img, and system.rfs for me to create an Odin image. I'm working on a test image now. I should also probably mention that I was root when I did this, you need read permissions from /dev to do it. I installed CWM and booted into it before it wipes itself to gain root through ADB.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/GB/mibib
dd if=/dev/block/bml2 of=/sdcard/GB/qcsbl
dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/GB/oemsbl
dd if=/dev/block/bml4 of=/sdcard/GB/amss
dd if=/dev/block/bml8 of=/sdcard/GB/arm11boot
dd if=/dev/block/bml9 of=/sdcard/GB/boot.img
dd if=/dev/block/bml10 of=/sdcard/GB/recovery.img
dd if=/dev/block/stl12 of=/sdcard/GB/system.rfs
dd if=/dev/block/stl13 of=/sdcard/GB/data.rfs

However, all that is needed is recovery.img, boot.img, and system.rfs for me to create an Odin image. I'm working on a test image now. I should also probably mention that I was root when I did this, you need read permissions from /dev to do it. I installed CWM and booted into it before it wipes itself to gain root through ADB.

I tried to do the ADB through CWM thing and i couldnt figure it out. Would u like to elaberate?

P.S. I sent u a message on facebook so maybe u could send me some files to test and we could work together to figure out how the hell to root this thing.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried to do the ADB through CWM thing and i couldnt figure it out. Would u like to elaberate?

P.S. I sent u a message on facebook so maybe u could send me some files to test and we could work together to figure out how the hell to root this thing.

You probably got the wrong person, I didn't get any messages and I'm logged in now. Right now, all I'm interested in is working towards a stock EK18 first. Then we can rest easy knowing we have a point to return to should anything go wrong. I'm about to test my Odin image, but it isn't a clean one yet. Sorry to disappoint you, but my connection speed is awful, I can't share 20MB+ files easily until after the 30th when I get my new internet connection, so if Odin works, that's an overnight upload.

u guys are awesome for all your hard work i wish i knew wat i was doin so i could help

No worries, I love doing this stuff. I'm excited to see if I can work this out with them on my own for the first time. When LeafRom came out I couldn't do anything but sit back and wait for Shabby to do all the work. Time for me to give back to the community ;)

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You probably got the wrong person, I didn't get any messages and I'm logged in now. Right now, all I'm interested in is working towards a stock EK18 first. Then we can rest easy knowing we have a point to return to should anything go wrong. I'm about to test my Odin image, but it isn't a clean one yet. Sorry to disappoint you, but my connection speed is awful, I can't share 20MB+ files easily until after the 30th when I get my new internet connection, so if Odin works, that's an overnight upload.

No worries, I love doing this stuff. I'm excited to see if I can work this out with them on my own for the first time. When LeafRom came out I couldn't do anything but sit back and wait for Shabby to do all the work. Time for me to give back to the community ;)

That sucks. I have verizon fios and 35 up/down so my uploads are pretty quick!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently backing up my brothers phone (also Replenish) with CWM from EF27. Once it's done I'm testing my Odin image and we'll see if he gets an upgrade. Easiest way to see if it works. If so, I'm factory wiping my Replenish, dumping it again, then uploading that for the rest of you guys once all traces of root are gone.

EDIT: Crap. Sent him into a boot loop. Trying with all the previously mentioned dump files from /dev and seeing what happens.

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
the only thing i have on mine is super user but cant do anything with it other than that i dont see any root traces

If you were rooted and are now on GB, you still have ALL files from previous rooting, just no access to them. Superuser is just the app to allow you to use su.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
If you can tell me exactly what u did maybe i can reproduce ur results and upload ut sooner

And are u sure i sent the message to the wrong person, i sent it to Stephan Simon.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm sure, my dad is a Stephan Simon, and another Stephan Simon found and added me as well. I successfully sent GB to my brothers phone. Don't worry, I'll quickly wipe and create a new image for stock and upload it as soon as it's done. It's probably larger than it needs to be, but it is just a precaution since I sent him into a boot loop earlier. I can test later to create the smallest possible image. Afterwards comes rooting and de-odexing!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
dmrlook, no, sorry. I'm creating the factory wiped stock Odin now, then uploading for you guys. Once it's up all 3 of us will be able to have something to work with and attempt rooting. I could also upload the one with remnants of rooting still on it too though if you think it'll help. The image used to upgrade my brother was ~368MB, but was my phones current image. Hopefully a data wipe will lower the size a bit. I'll worry about cutting out dumped files from the image later since it worked as it is. I'm on Google Talk if you want to get on to communicate faster.

GPOT, yeah, that is mine. Not sure why I didn't get anything from you then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2