Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Ok, cool. I can re-root if it does lose it, mainly worried about the bricking. Cause when i had my opti s if you did a factory reset through the os it would brick it, had to do it through recovery.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM 0.2

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyButt View Post
    Quick question, my wife needs to do a factory reset on her replenish. If she does it through the settings menu will it brick her phone or will it cause her to lose root?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    factory reset just formats: /data /cache /.androidsecure

if you factory reset in recovery mode, it also searches for and wipes /sd-ext partition

hey firehak, does your kernel have init.d support?
    Last edited by bodyman; 04-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #428  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman View Post
    hey firehak, does your kernel have init.d support?
    Shabbypenguin added init.d support before we had a custom kernel, it's a simple boot.img re-pack trick with busybox. I've never used it myself, so I can't guarantee it. I'd love to hear whether or not it does work for sure.

And now news everyone has been waiting for - I think the release candidate is ready to go. After finally getting to look it over, everything seems to be in place. I'll be packing and uploading a release tomorrow. There are some terms for you to agree to though before downloading!

• I understand that this is a release CANDIDATE
    • I understand that some things may be broken or not working
    • I understand that the install process may not work right
    • Do not judge the final product based on this release!

It seems like a silly thing to do, but you never know. I seem to have gotten mostly everything done before losing my computer awhile back, but I want to be safe. As long as everyone can kindly provide feedback, I will work on whatever needs fixing before getting the final version of 0.3 out. While you're all testing, I'll be putting together the apparently much needed FAQ and the how-to on using a partitioned sd card as /data.
    Thanked by 3:
    bodifor1, scorpio42lek and sykl0ps like this.

sweet i upgraded to a evo shift but i still have my replenish as back up and want to upgrade it

Quote Originally Posted by firehak View Post
    Shabbypenguin added init.d support before we had a custom kernel, it's a simple boot.img re-pack trick with busybox. I've never used it myself, so I can't guarantee it. I'd love to hear whether or not it does work for sure.

And now news everyone has been waiting for - I think the release candidate is ready to go. After finally getting to look it over, everything seems to be in place. I'll be packing and uploading a release tomorrow. There are some terms for you to agree to though before downloading!

• I understand that this is a release CANDIDATE
    • I understand that some things may be broken or not working
    • I understand that the install process may not work right
    • Do not judge the final product based on this release!

It seems like a silly thing to do, but you never know. I seem to have gotten mostly everything done before losing my computer awhile back, but I want to be safe. As long as everyone can kindly provide feedback, I will work on whatever needs fixing before getting the final version of 0.3 out. While you're all testing, I'll be putting together the apparently much needed FAQ and the how-to on using a partitioned sd card as /data.

cool to both, i am still trying to get a better a2sd, and my son hates me for it, because every time he gets it set up, I destroy it.

I'll let you know
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #431  

ROM
    Stock

Alright, I'm getting ready to upload now. Didn't mean to wait all day but every time I sit down someone makes me leave the house for hours! I've barely been home at all this month lol

EDIT: I caught a few mistakes like giving permissions to a file and using the wrong path and almost forgetting to run the format script in the installer, but it should all be good now. It looks like ~15 minutes before both Sprint and Boost candidates are done uploading according to FileZilla.

Again, please remember that I completely re-wrote stuff like the installer before I lost my computer for weeks. I still may have over-looked something. I'm counting on you guys to provide feedback, both for working and non-working things. The candidate is not de-odexed, I will see about it in the final release. Now that a candidate is out I will be doing the FAQ and how-to so you guys have the option of /data being on your sd-card.

I'm very sorry this took so long! You guys have been very patient with me and I'm grateful for it!
    Last edited by firehak; 04-19-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    Rivertomcat and sykl0ps like this.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to having a more useful phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #433  

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: [ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & 0.3 RC

Check out the first page! As per request by admins, only my ACS forum post will contain the download link. The first post is just the link to the ACS post.
    Thanked by:
    sykl0ps likes this.

Default 0.3 RC

On stock boost.

Attempted installing from cwm5 and received the error shown in the attached image. I got the splash on install, installing kernel, wiping/formatting... then populating /system. Then rather quickly I get you're all set and an error message (see attached). Rebooting ends up on a custom firmware splash image and just sits there. Tried factory reset / wiping etc.

It seems like it went to the "You're all set!" messages appeared rather quickly, just a couple of seconds. Took much longer to just copy the .zip to the sdcard then the install process took.

hope this helps, or am I just a dummy and went about this all wrong?

phones ok, restored a backup and I'm right where I was before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data-error.jpg  
    Last edited by sykl0ps; 04-20-2012 at 01:03 AM. Reason: clarity

ROM
    Rasbeanjelly/Trinity

^ I just got the same error when trying to install over 0.2. Restored back and everything is back to normal.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #436  

ROM
    Stock

Well crap. I may have to remove the fa19 modem.bin file from the installer. I had a feeling something would go wrong :/ I'll look at it tonight if I get a chance after work.

Update: New RC's for Boost and Sprint are being uploaded. Sorry about the error if anyone else got it too. I removed the modem from the installation script until I can figure it out. Hopefully this installer runs through smoothly. Thanks for the continued patience! ETA is about 20 minutes from now before anyone should try downloading again, I deleted the old ones and am uploading with the exact same names, so no links will change. Happy flashing!
    Last edited by firehak; 04-20-2012 at 09:16 PM.

what does having / not having the modem file mean for us then?

The new upload of 0.3RC does not give the error on install. I still end up stuck looking at the custom kernel splash like before. The install takes right at 15-seconds from start to the complete message. Wiped cache & data, still no go.

If there is some way to get you more info I'll be glad to, just don't know how.

Same for me. Thanks for the hard work though.

so is it safe to install the 0.3 now or should I wait for the final 0.3 version

I get the same issue of being stuck on the splash on.3.

Version .2 works perfectly fine though.

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk

MyColorScreen

I wonder if this is a file-system issue...perhaps the ext4 format script is not working properly. That could cause a freeze at the first splash screen.

ROM
    Phoenix 0.2

Can someone tell me where i can get a list of safe apps/services i can remove from the replenish, Thanks.

Subscribing! Thanks for sharing because I'm sick of this phones storage space issues!

Will someone please let me get the link for new phoenix 0.3

ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

Quote Originally Posted by charlie.west932 View Post
    Will someone please let me get the link for new phoenix 0.3
    read first post,its a link to his original site
    Thanked by:
    scorpio42lek likes this.

Well crap. I don't have the 0.2 on my SD card anymore, so I can't flash back to that, and the 0.3 RC is stuck on the boot screen. I've tried wiping /data and /cache to no avail. Tried re-flashing the .zip with no success.

So, for the moment, until I can figure out a way to get the 0.2 file on my SD card, I'm pretty much out of luck.

Ok, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

When you say that the 0.3 RC is just the flashable zip, you mean it can be installed by holding U on boot, and install from zip, right?

ROM
    10% PostConsumer/dmrlook

I don't think it works, no one has reported success. I'd go back to a backup, 0.2 or get stock from firehak.com
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #450  

ROM
    Stock

I'm really sorry guys. I'll have to take a much closer look over the weekend when I've got the free time. For those stuck, the 0.2 link is still on the ACS forum and my web site.
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast