Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Default Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM

I just downloaded & booted into cwm, here's what I got.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data-device-2012-01-12-113254.png  
    ROM Developer

well at least it boots into it lets try adding a custom graphics.c to fix this bit of an issue now
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

ROM
    Stock

Wait, did you compile all of CM7? Or just CWM? I'll gladly do both after the 30th when I get my faster connection, but I may be able to manage working on just the recovery for now.
    ROM Developer

http://kan.gd/1ece

ok lets see if this takes care of the whole double vision and colors

and no for cm7 i get a few lib errors... which oddly enough im stuck on as well with the e4gt :/ (different libs tho)
    Last edited by Shabbypenguin; 01-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    Stock

The recovery fixed boot.img and graphical errors, but now fails to mount /cache /data/ and /system :P

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    and no for cm7 i get a few lib errors... which oddly enough im stuck on as well with the e4gt :/ (different libs tho)
    Does this mean no CM7 or that you are still working on it?

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

And hey shabby, how did you get that "ROM Dev" title of yours? Just curious.
    ROM Developer

actually a rather funny story, myself and k0nane were in acs and we were tryin to figure out how to get images in our sigs and apprently we couldnt get it just right so we both got rom dev... afterwards i started making roms/kernels/oneclick root/cm7/cm9/recoveries i guess they just figured let him keep it :P

as far as cm7 goes i dont have a lot of time to dedicate on it.. id liove to get it to compile and maybe even boot... you guys will never be official (now that cm9 is coming out) but with the right tools and files perhaps someonelike firehak or dmrlook can pick up the peices and get it going as soon as i get cwm working 100% im gunna have the files on github so that should anyone ever need to make a new one they can and im gunna bug koush about being official cwm so you guys can at least use rom manager

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

ROM
    Stock

The last issue I'm having is figuring out which apk(s) are causing the home button not to work after factory wiping. As soon as I figure out which file(s) to stop removing I'll be able to upload this!

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    as far as cm7 goes i dont have a lot of time to dedicate on it.. id liove to get it to compile and maybe even boot... you guys will never be official (now that cm9 is coming out) but with the right tools and files perhaps someonelike firehak or dmrlook can pick up the peices and get it going as soon as i get cwm working 100% im gunna have the files on github so that should anyone ever need to make a new one they can and im [HL]gunna bug koush about being official cwm so you guys can at least use rom manager[/HL]
    Can you do that? Do you know the guy in person or do you have some way to convince him to do it over the internet?

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by firehak View Post
    The last issue I'm having is figuring out which apk(s) are causing the home button not to work after factory wiping. As soon as I figure out which file(s) to stop removing I'll be able to upload this!
    Yay, I will be the guinea pig and test it right when it comes out.
    And you're not afraid you are going to brinck your phone by flashing this stuff that you dont even know works to test it? I would be, and that is one reason my ROM developement never took off because after hard bricking my phone once I was scared $hitless to do it again.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    Stock

I and my brother own replenish phones.. How else would I be testing/dumping this by myself? Anyway, I've got it narrowed down to two apk's. FactoryTest.apk and SetupWizard.apk. One or both of these apk files are needed to setup the buttons on a factory wipe.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

My bet is its FactoryTest.apk is the culprit. I wont put money on that bet though.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM
    Stock

It was the SetupWizard.apk, though pushing it back and wiping again didn't seem to fix it. Falling back to a backup and removing all known bloat but that and testing again. If I get the same results, we're good and I can package the first release.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by firehak View Post
    It was the SetupWizard.apk, though pushing it back and wiping again didn't seem to fix it. Falling back to a backup and removing all known bloat but that and testing again. If I get the same results, we're good and I can package the first release.
    Damn I lose.
    But on the other hand we can download your rom very soon because that means the last bug is ironed out!

I removed factorytest on the original ED23 replenish and every one there after with no ill effects, and many factory wipes. I've never removed setupwizard - that's probably the culprit.

What will be the method of flashing once its out? Will it be a batch file, or something to flash in cwm? Never got cwm working on my replenish, still on 2.2 though. Thx, looking forward to it!

It will be an odin package since there is no root method that is batchable. Odin is a very clean and reliable method in my opinion. As for cwm, shabby provided links to the src code. When I get time ill see what I can do.

Thx. I have Odin on my computer for my Epic 4g Touch. Does it happen to be the same program? Or is it a different version for replenish? Thx, and Sorry for the questions, info is very spread out on here. Right at home with Odin on my ET4G, but not on the replenish.

Edit: found the right version, nevermind. thx
    Last edited by sleshepic; 01-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

ROM
    Stock

Internet went down here, but the final image is ready. I'll upload it once I have a connection again, I'm on 3G right now.. I hit one final snag, I had boot animations working but they stopped somewhere along the lines when I fell back to an older backup :/ For now, boot animations have been disabled and your phone will just boot faster. (Not a bad trade-off, eh?)

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Your internet seems pretty problematic. What isp do u have?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

And also why can't u upload over 3G. Is it not faster than your internet?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

Awesome! When wife gets her new replenish it's good to know I can root it for her after the gb update. Great work on getting root and on the rom!

Sent from my intelligent cellular communication device.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

ROM
    Stock

First, you should start editing rather than double/triple posting. :P Second, no. 3G is not meant to be fast internet. It's meant for mobile, unlike 4G. Even my downgraded speed is better when it's up. I have AT&T (not my choice..) but we're getting upgraded and put on new fiber optic lines and getting 12megabit speeds at the end of the month. You honestly wouldn't have gotten the image any faster with 3G tethering anyway. Have you ever done a speed test while tethered? You wouldn't want to do anything but browse simple sites.
    Thanked by:

I'm watching that OP closely. I see updates. "image is uploading". The excitement builds!

Awesome.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast