[ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM 0.2

I got a job offer today, and although only temporary, it's a 6 month thing and pays extremely well ;) Looks like I'll be fixing my desktop in the coming weeks and may be able to start going back to school!

Rock On, man. Like someone posted recently, I wish I could help. I am a developer, but I have never looked at working on Android. If there is something I can do, please let me know. I hate just 'taking'.

Reactions: scorpio42lek

Rivertomcat

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

when I press start on odin it says please connect phones and I'm not sure why. I have the phone connected and I tried different usb ports. I have windows xp, can anyone help me out?
I had this same problem. Search this on google : SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.

Rivertomcat

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

when I press start on odin it says please connect phones and I'm not sure why. I have the phone connected and I tried different usb ports. I have windows xp, can anyone help me out?
After that is installed, when it says to connect the phone, that's when you have to reset the phone and press the space+p to enter the mode

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Good news, everyone! (I've always wanted to say that line from Furturama! :p) I was paid in-partial this morning and just got back home to Ohio, so I was able to buy myself my processor! It's expected to arrive this Thursday (12th), so hang tight! I should be able to get PhoeniX back out for you!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Well, I want to apologize again for all the delays I had releasing the RC to you guys.. My processor arrived Thursday and today is the first chance I had to sit down and try it out. I'll be looking over everything again tonight to make sure it's stable enough to upload as a release candidate and get it out as soon as possible!

shahram72

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

Don't you hate it when a newb comes in and asks questions that were already covered years ago in the huge 40 page thread? Well, here I am. I have made some other posts here and would like some increased functionality with my phone. Is there a FAQ or step by step in this thread? I did read some of it, but realistically, it's too large now to read all the way through.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Don't you hate it when a newb comes in and asks questions that were already covered years ago in the huge 40 page thread? Well, here I am. I have made some other posts here and would like some increased functionality with my phone. Is there a FAQ or step by step in this thread? I did read some of it, but realistically, it's too large now to read all the way through.

Sorry, but no. I'll have to make a FAQ soon. What do you mean by increased functionality?

One last problem before getting the RC out (yeah, I know..) Anyone with Linux experience here? I'd appreciate some thoughts on how to fix the problem in the attachment screenshot. I'm running Mint 12 and this is what I booted into after a few weeks of nit having a computer. I'd rather not re-install if I can avoid it :(

I've tried booting a live disc to edit fstab to remove uuid and replace it with /dev/sda6 but that failed. When I checked the partition's uuid, it was correct, but the screenshot clearly states the partition doesn't exist. I'm pretty stumped.

sykl0ps

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm a Linux noob but had a similar problem. Ended up that the uuid was listed differently in grub menu.lst and in the fstab. I just edited the menu.lst to match the fstab uuid.

I'm not sure if this is applicable to your situation or not, it's just a 'worked for me'.

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately not. Being Grub 2, it took me awhile to find where the menu was placed (no more menu.lst) and in my case, the uuid was actually correct. I gave up, found a tool to copy files off an ext4 partition while in Windows and will finish in a virtual machine soon. :(

scorpio42lek

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I've tried 2 root editors/ file explorers and i get an error when trying to save the edited system build prop file. Can someone help me out, i'm trying to stop the update notices. Thanks in advance!

:confused:

scorpio42lek

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

How would i mount the system partiton as read/write. Sorry, I'm still learning about rooting,and all you can do.:confused:Thanks again!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

How would i mount the system partiton as read/write. Sorry, I'm still learning about rooting,and all you can do.:confused:Thanks again!

If there is no option in your file manager, then you will need to use terminal emulator on the phone or adb from your computer and type 'su' first to get root permissions (don't remember if you guys boot with root, you'll see # instead of $ on the terminal if you are already), then 'mount -t ext4 -o remount,rw /dev/stl12 /system' to get read-write permissions. To go back to read only, type 'mount -t ext4 -o remount,ro /dev/stl12 /system'

As a quick note, if you see $ in your terminal and do have to type 'su' first, don't forget to check your phone to tap 'allow' when super user pops up or it will be denied!

Reactions: scorpio42lek

scorpio42lek

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, you really know what's up on the andriod tip!! I was able to find a good toolbox, that allowed me to save the file, and also made a backup of the original, and since i was rooted and have s.u. already, it was almost a one click operation!! Thanks again, and can't wait to see what phoenix 0.3 is like!!:cool: