Default Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM

Released.
    Thanked by 3:
    prbajista, GPOT and blin829 like this.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by firehak View Post
    First, you should start editing rather than double/triple posting. :P Second, no. 3G is not meant to be fast internet. It's meant for mobile, unlike 4G. Even my downgraded speed is better when it's up. I have AT&T (not my choice..) but we're getting upgraded and put on new fiber optic lines and getting 12megabit speeds at the end of the month. You honestly wouldn't have gotten the image any faster with 3G tethering anyway. Have you ever done a speed test while tethered? You wouldn't want to do anything but browse simple sites.
    sorry about the double post, that one i couldn't help because i was on tapatalk. normally i do edit but occasionally i will double post. I have to put an end to that habit. I do it in Facebook comments sometimes and it does get annoying. I have fiber optics and it is blazing fast. You will enjoy it. And yes I have done a speed test on 3G and it is fine for downloading and browsing but uploading is waaaaaaay slow. I get why u wouldn't want to.

EDIT: Wonder why the boot animations wouldn't work. I saw your post saying they don't but I just think that's odd that they were working before and then you couldn't get them to.
    Last edited by GPOT; 01-13-2012 at 12:06 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

ROM
    Stock

They aren't working because I fell back to an older backup after breaking something. I completely forgot I needed to re-do boot animations until I was about to release today, then ran into all sorts of problems finding the method I did it with. I feel like I still rushed 0.1 (especially to get it online for the résumé I sent out today ), so I'm going to take my time with 0.2 and hopefully get more done.

Sweet. I new it was near!

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

if i dont factory wipe everytime i turn on my phone the dialer and messages force close constantly

Thanks a lot, just flashet your Rom. It's pretty good, has root but a bit slower

ROM
    LeafRom0.2-Beta

Quote Originally Posted by shrekdaklown View Post
    if i dont factory wipe everytime i turn on my phone the dialer and messages force close constantly
    I am having the same problem. The phone is vibrating with a barrage of force closes. I am going to try flashing the stock GB image. Most recently I had been using simple green. Firehak thank you for your hard work and dedication to development. Do you have any suggestions as to why I am experiencing the force closes? Thanks again!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    Stock

The force closes are because you didn't factory wipe like I said to in the instructions. In order to allow anyone from froyo or gb to use this, I included every partition of the phone, including /data which you must wipe. I know they force close, but they stop after a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by firehak View Post
    The force closes are because you didn't factory wipe like I said to in the instructions. In order to allow anyone from froyo or gb to use this, I included every partition of the phone, including /data which you must wipe. I know they force close, but they stop after a wipe.
    Yep, i have to agree. I held "U" after it was booting, which gets you into recovery where you gotta wipe the phone. I'm sure they did it wrong.

I see how people are saying it's "running slow".. but they're wrong. I bet the were writing at the time their phone was logging into Google / Market and syncing. After it syncs, the phone is fine. So far it's nice having all this extra storage space! Nice work!

Hey all. I just want to make sure you all understand that my app that firehak included to kill carrier iq only kills a portion of it (specifically the iqmsd process). There is still the process android.iqa that runs. I know how to kill that process, but the kernel just reloads it within a few seconds (and also restarts iqmsd as well) so no app can kill android.iqa without killing your battery as well. Only a custom kernel can disable of carrier iq. As such, my app only kills iqmsd. Note that iqmsd will be restarted the next time you boot your phone, so you will need to run my app to kill it again (or purchase the 99 cent version on the market to auto kill iqmsd at boot time).

Anyway, I just thought you all should know what my app can and can't do.

Any questuons...just ask.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Love the ROM firehak. Thanks for all of your hard work. I have fallen back from developing into thriving off of other peoples work. Awesome ROM. Love the extra space, the speed, no carrier iq, CWM. the benefits just keep on coming. Can't wait for 0.2!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

ROM
    Stock

If anyone should happen to have issues with the Phone and MMS applications (or any problems really) after factory wiping, please let me know as soon as possible and I'll look for a solution. Good to hear that those of you who read the directions say everything is working.

How might we go about getting Google Talk installed? Looks like it was removed, and I don't see it in the market. Am I missing something?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

ROM
    Stock

I still have every factory apk sorry to remove something you wanted. I can post the apk and instructions for you sometime later today? It was in /system, but I'm hoping you can install it with a file manager, or I'll have to give commands to mount /system and copy the app over.

Not a huge deal, really. Don't worry about it unless there's more folks out there who are aching for it.

ima try agian but i did factory wipe it when it booted maybe my phones just on tard level lol
    ok so update i tryed agian followed instructions to the dot wiped everything and even erased the sd card and still if i reboot the phone i have massive force close loops and my phone wont get service
    Last edited by shrekdaklown; 01-13-2012 at 05:17 PM.

experiencing the dialer and messenger FC's. Reloaded did the odin image and did a factory reset along with wiping the cache. Fine for first boot, then whenever you restart the phone the FC's start again. I'm just going to chill on rooted stock for the time being.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TekGai View Post
    experiencing the dialer and messenger FC's. Reloaded did the odin image and did a factory reset along with wiping the cache. Fine for first boot, then whenever you restart the phone the FC's start again. I'm just going to chill on rooted stock for the time being.
    I'll try de-odexing them again then and see if that helps. That's my only guess at the moment as to why there is any problem with them crashing.

Hey Tentonbrocks - here is Talk.apk - just copy it to your CD card and click on it with your file explorer. Note you must have third party sources enabled. This should get you going with Talk.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

ROM
    Stock

Thanks for posting that dmrlook! I'm hoping de-odexing these two apk's worked, I read the help for smali.jar and apparently if I don't specify the Android API level, it defaults to 14 (ICS). I only specified the API level when de-odexing the /system/framework folder, but not /system/app. Thankfully these are the only 2 giving issues, but I'll be re-doing every last apk again for 0.2 if this affects it.

Can someone try using ADB to swap Phone.apk and Mms.apk for me?

> = Windows / Mac / Linux command line
    $ = non-root
    # = root

Code:
    >adb push Phone.apk /data/local/tmp/Phone.apk
    >adb push Mms.apk /data/local/tmp/Mms.apk
    >adb shell
    $adb su
    #remount rw
    #rm Phone.apk
    #rm Mms.apk
    #cp /data/local/tmp/Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk
    #cp /data/local/tmp/Mms.apk /system/app/Mms.apk
    #rm /data/local/tmp/*
    #reboot
    app.zip
    Last edited by firehak; 01-13-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks Firehak for your work on this project. I'm an avid Evo ROMr and I got the Replenish for my son. Decided to give your project a shot.

Having the FC's with Phone.apk and Mms.apk and am in the process of swapping the new apks and will post results shortly.

Followed directions as given couldn't get it to work. Still getting FC loop on Phone. Also, not sure if anyone else called this out, but getting "no service"

Tried a variety of things including:
    Starting from a fresh Odin install
    chmod 755 on apk (noticed the apk from adb shell were rw, other functioning apks were rwx)

Anyone else have luck on these?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zealotous View Post
    Followed directions as given couldn't get it to work. Still getting FC loop on Phone. Also, not sure if anyone else called this out, but getting "no service"

Tried a variety of things including:
    Starting from a fresh Odin install
    chmod 755 on apk (noticed the apk from adb shell were rw, other functioning apks were rwx)

Anyone else have luck on these?
    I'm sorry for the very late reply, I can't do anything until sometime Monday. Thanks for taking the time to at least try since I don't have the speeds to keep uploading new images on a chance something may get fixed. I know every step I took to create the first version and will be starting from complete scratch. I left left my Replenish on stock GB on the chance something like this should happen, so I'll be taking a backup when I get home, then wiping it clean to start fresh.

Now that I know the problem persists on each reboot I know to check for it. I apologize for anyone using the ROM having this issue, and I'll release a fixed image as soon as possible. When I get home, I'll post the stock (un-touched) GB Phone.apk/odex and Mms.apk/odex with replacement instructions in hopes that the problem goes away for the time being.

It isn't my top priority, but I'll be taking another look at boot animations for you guys as well if all goes well and quick. Going from stock to PhoeniX won't be difficult, just repetitive flashing and rebooting. If I'm lucky, I'll have a new image for you guys the same day I get home.

Also, dmrlook and I are also playing with the kernel in hopes for releasing more than a performance tweaked rom, so wish us luck.

Update: I came across some very useful information today. Once I patch up 0.1 for you guys on Monday, I'm excited to say that I've already found out exactly what's going into 0.2! Once again, I'd like to apologize to anyone who was affected by the 2 messed up apk's.
    Last edited by firehak; 01-15-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    prbajista likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

ROM
    Stock

I don't like double posting, but I have another (unfortunate) update. My primary hard drive (750GB) failed and corrupted. I spent the entire day in a live disc backing up files from my last good drive to other places and literally just finished installing Windows and my drivers. I'm running file recovery software, but the ETA is pretty daunting. I watched it go from 2 hours, to jumping up to 20+, then saying "1 day." I'm very sorry to keep you waiting on fixes, so I would suggest anyone either not reboot, or flash the pre-rooted image. Nobody has complained about anything failing on it yet, so I assume it works. If my recovery should fail, don't worry. I won't/haven't lost anything related to the ROM expect for the VM I use to work on it with. I'm mainly trying to get back personal files with this.

Only issues I've had has been the issues on reboot, and, for some reason the camera isn't working properly. Just getting a white screen, yet pictures capture properly.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast