[ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM

I removed factorytest on the original ED23 replenish and every one there after with no ill effects, and many factory wipes. I've never removed setupwizard - that's probably the culprit.

sleshepic

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

What will be the method of flashing once its out? Will it be a batch file, or something to flash in cwm? Never got cwm working on my replenish, still on 2.2 though. Thx, looking forward to it!

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

It will be an odin package since there is no root method that is batchable. Odin is a very clean and reliable method in my opinion. As for cwm, shabby provided links to the src code. When I get time ill see what I can do.

sleshepic

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Thx. I have Odin on my computer for my Epic 4g Touch. Does it happen to be the same program? Or is it a different version for replenish? Thx, and Sorry for the questions, info is very spread out on here. Right at home with Odin on my ET4G, but not on the replenish.

Edit: found the right version, nevermind. thx

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Internet went down here, but the final image is ready. I'll upload it once I have a connection again, I'm on 3G right now.. I hit one final snag, I had boot animations working but they stopped somewhere along the lines when I fell back to an older backup :/ For now, boot animations have been disabled and your phone will just boot faster. (Not a bad trade-off, eh?)

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
And also why can't u upload over 3G. Is it not faster than your internet?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! When wife gets her new replenish it's good to know I can root it for her after the gb update. Great work on getting root and on the rom!

Sent from my intelligent cellular communication device.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

First, you should start editing rather than double/triple posting. :p Second, no. 3G is not meant to be fast internet. It's meant for mobile, unlike 4G. Even my downgraded speed is better when it's up. I have AT&T (not my choice..) but we're getting upgraded and put on new fiber optic lines and getting 12megabit speeds at the end of the month. You honestly wouldn't have gotten the image any faster with 3G tethering anyway. Have you ever done a speed test while tethered? You wouldn't want to do anything but browse simple sites.

Reactions: pellik333

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm watching that OP closely. I see updates. "image is uploading". The excitement builds!

Awesome.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

First, you should start editing rather than double/triple posting. :p Second, no. 3G is not meant to be fast internet. It's meant for mobile, unlike 4G. Even my downgraded speed is better when it's up. I have AT&T (not my choice..) but we're getting upgraded and put on new fiber optic lines and getting 12megabit speeds at the end of the month. You honestly wouldn't have gotten the image any faster with 3G tethering anyway. Have you ever done a speed test while tethered? You wouldn't want to do anything but browse simple sites.

sorry about the double post, that one i couldn't help because i was on tapatalk. normally i do edit but occasionally i will double post. I have to put an end to that habit. I do it in Facebook comments sometimes and it does get annoying. I have fiber optics and it is blazing fast. You will enjoy it. And yes I have done a speed test on 3G and it is fine for downloading and browsing but uploading is waaaaaaay slow. I get why u wouldn't want to.

EDIT: Wonder why the boot animations wouldn't work. I saw your post saying they don't but I just think that's odd that they were working before and then you couldn't get them to.

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

They aren't working because I fell back to an older backup after breaking something. I completely forgot I needed to re-do boot animations until I was about to release today, then ran into all sorts of problems finding the method I did it with. I feel like I still rushed 0.1 (especially to get it online for the r?sum? I sent out today ;) ), so I'm going to take my time with 0.2 and hopefully get more done.

nate3378

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

if i dont factory wipe everytime i turn on my phone the dialer and messages force close constantly

I am having the same problem. The phone is vibrating with a barrage of force closes. I am going to try flashing the stock GB image. Most recently I had been using simple green. Firehak thank you for your hard work and dedication to development. Do you have any suggestions as to why I am experiencing the force closes? Thanks again!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

The force closes are because you didn't factory wipe like I said to in the instructions. In order to allow anyone from froyo or gb to use this, I included every partition of the phone, including /data which you must wipe. I know they force close, but they stop after a wipe.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

The force closes are because you didn't factory wipe like I said to in the instructions. In order to allow anyone from froyo or gb to use this, I included every partition of the phone, including /data which you must wipe. I know they force close, but they stop after a wipe.

Yep, i have to agree. I held "U" after it was booting, which gets you into recovery where you gotta wipe the phone. I'm sure they did it wrong.

I see how people are saying it's "running slow".. but they're wrong. I bet the were writing at the time their phone was logging into Google / Market and syncing. After it syncs, the phone is fine. So far it's nice having all this extra storage space! Nice work!

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey all. I just want to make sure you all understand that my app that firehak included to kill carrier iq only kills a portion of it (specifically the iqmsd process). There is still the process android.iqa that runs. I know how to kill that process, but the kernel just reloads it within a few seconds (and also restarts iqmsd as well) so no app can kill android.iqa without killing your battery as well. Only a custom kernel can disable of carrier iq. As such, my app only kills iqmsd. Note that iqmsd will be restarted the next time you boot your phone, so you will need to run my app to kill it again (or purchase the 99 cent version on the market to auto kill iqmsd at boot time).

Anyway, I just thought you all should know what my app can and can't do.

Any questuons...just ask.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang