[ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM 0.2

The dropdown menu where your notifications go is where I'm talking about.

And what's up with the extra app space?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

I've never seen any buttons in the notifications area. This is the first Android phone I've ever had, and I've only had it since May, so I'm locked in till May 2013. As far as I'm concerned, that will require hacking up another apk from a phone that has it, and then adding it into ours. What kind of buttons are there for other phones?

The extra app space is working, but I'm not giving you guys the tutorial yet because my phone literally fails to boot every other time. Then, every other boot works. That's hardly something release worthy.

I just reflashed mine and I haven't gotten it.

And is there a way to get more options in the power menu?? Like a restart, maybe a reboot recovery/download modes??

Just asking.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

That would also require hacking up apk's. I am most concerned with getting you guys a stable and and well performing rom before hacks. Once I sort out these my last few known issues, I'll be releasing 0.2b and then moving on to learning how to add some nice features. We're also very close to getting a working kernel thanks to dmrlook.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I've never seen any buttons in the notifications area. This is the first Android phone I've ever had, and I've only had it since May, so I'm locked in till May 2013. As far as I'm concerned, that will require hacking up another apk from a phone that has it, and then adding it into ours. What kind of buttons are there for other phones?

The extra app space is working, but I'm not giving you guys the tutorial yet because my phone literally fails to boot every other time. Then, every other boot works. That's hardly something release worthy.

That would also require hacking up apk's. I am most concerned with getting you guys a stable and and well performing rom before hacks. Once I sort out these my last few known issues, I'll be releasing 0.2b and then moving on to learning how to add some nice features. We're also very close to getting a working kernel thanks to dmrlook.

Here's the dropdown menu I was talking about.

82639.jpg

And no worries about any of it. I'm just glad 1 of the few roms we have works amazing. I'm very pleased with how it is now. Was just wandering.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

That would actually be nice to have, I'll probably look at it once I'm done with 0.2b to fix some bugs.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

What can I say, I'm a newbie just getting started here. :p

and your doing an awesome job...Whats the easiest way to go back to stock?? I'm gonna try to snag the update that way.

Edit: Running Odin now to get back to the unrooted GB and try to snag the update for ya'll. Will post back with what happens.

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

and your doing an awesome job...Whats the easiest way to go back to stock?? I'm gonna try to snag the update that way.

Edit: Running Odin now to get back to the unrooted GB and try to snag the update for ya'll. Will post back with what happens.

Flashing stock won't let you because the images do not contain a /cache partition. Your cache is still ext4 formatted and therefore failing to boot when flashing back to anything prior to PhoeniX 0.2. I will have to create a "back to stock" package for you guys. It should be significantly smaller than odin images and use CWM to do it. Relax on the security update. I'm not worried about it at the moment unless we have some gaping security hole.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Flashing stock won't let you because the images do not contain a /cache partition. Your cache is still ext4 formatted and therefore failing to boot when flashing back to anything prior to PhoeniX 0.2. I will have to create a "back to stock" package for you guys. It should be significantly smaller than odin images and use CWM to do it. Relax on the security update. I'm not worried about it at the moment unless we have some gaping security hole.

I flashed to the unrooted GB odin package, but I have no data..is that why???

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I flashed to the unrooted GB odin package, but I have no data..is that why???

No, those images include the full data partition just after a factory wipe. It over-wrote your data, that's why. /cache is the only affected partition. When I release the new stock images I'll update my website post, the new images will fix the issues my old stock images had.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

No, those images include the full data partition just after a factory wipe. It over-wrote your data, that's why. /cache is the only affected partition. When I release the new stock images I'll update my website post, the new images will fix the issues my old stock images had.

How should I format my ext and swap partition when I format my sdcard in recovery??

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't released it yet because of my issues.. Choosing format in recovery right now will just keep the ext4 format. Or if you wipe an rfs partition, it stays rfs. If you'll just wait I'll have an easy update.zip for stock and stock pre-rooted soon. No more ~175MB downloads now that I can script installations.

Like I said, I'm in no rush for the new update, unless you're actually wanting a way back to stock? I'll have it soon enough. Plus I'm on my new connection, so no more waiting hours to upload fixes.

Reactions: nerdyperdy

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I haven't released it yet because of my issues.. Choosing format in recovery right now will just keep the ext4 format. Or if you wipe an rfs partition, it stays rfs. If you'll just wait I'll have an easy update.zip for stock and stock pre-rooted soon. No more ~175MB downloads now that I can script installations.

Like I said, I'm in no rush for the new update, unless you're actually wanting a way back to stock? I'll have it soon enough. Plus I'm on my new connection, so no more waiting hours to upload fixes.

I flashed back to Phoenix and now I'm getting error code 128...says theres a sign in error. Any help??

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

sd-ext cant be too hard, right? Will u be able to squeeze that into PheoniX 0.2b?

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

sd-ext cant be too hard, right? Will u be able to squeeze that into PheoniX 0.2b?

No. I can't expect everyone to have an sd card, let alone a high enough class sd to run /data from it. Plus, you have to format the sd into 2 or 3 partitions to do it. I can't format your card for you, everyone has different sizes and may want to partition theirs differently. A tutorial is the most efficient way. If someone can't follow step-by-step instructions when I post it, I'm sorry, but they shouldn't be messing with it then. And don't forget, doing this means you cannot remove your card while the phone is on anymore, if you need files you have to mount it through Android or shut your phone off.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

So what do you think the every-other reboot issue you're experiencing with it stems from, the software side, or just an issue with your personal card? I'd be more than willing to be a guinea pig if you want to see how it would work on another device.

I scored 1000 in Quadrant Benchmark with this phone running Phoenix 0.2, I'm interested to see how high it could get with sd-ext on a Class 10 card.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey All - I just figured I'd let you all know that I just got a custom kernel to compile and load, and more importantly, RUN on our phones. I'll start playing with overclocking the phone and any other things we can now do. And I'll work with Firehak to get it into his next phoenix release (assuming he is willing to do so :))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech