Visit site
FirehaK and the Android Creative Syndicate
are proud to present to you:

PhoeniX ROM 0.2

Features:
  • Ext4 file system (better performance)
  • Build.prop tweaks
  • Some /system bloat removed
  • Disabled boot animations by default (unless /system/media/bootanimation.zip exists)
  • CWM 5 recovery installed
  • Custom kernel
  • Reboot-able :p

Due to Sprint "disabling" CarrierIQ, the app to disable it on the phone is no longer included. The services still run, but Sprint DOES NOT collect information anymore.

This version is NOT de-odexed. Due to the issues we had before, I have not yet worked it out. Theming comes second to me over performance.

As always, this is not official software and I make no guarantees! I will however help you the best I can provided you follow instructions and clearly post your problem(s).

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Download/extract PhoeniX-ROM.zip from the below links
  • Copy PhoeniX.zip to your sd card
  • Reboot your phone to "download" mode (adb.exe reboot download or hold space + p during boot)
  • Open the included odin
  • Select "One Package" if not already checked in the options area
  • Click the ops button to search for the included "SPHM580.ops"
  • Now click the One Package button to search for "PhoeniX.tar"
  • Click start, and hold U on your phone as soon as it reboots to enter recovery mode (CWM5)
  • Once CWM5 starts, click install from sdcard
  • Choose zip from sdcard
  • Navigate to "PhoeniX.zip"
  • Obviously choose yes to install
  • Sit back and watch the magic, reboot when it finishes.

Phoenix 0.2
Download at ACS:http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showt...0-2-amp-EXT-Data&p=16182&viewfull=1#post16182

I NO LONGER HAVE A REPLENISH, SO I UNFORTUNATELY HAD TO STOP WORKING ON THIS.

As a last effort kind of thing, I tried to put together the guide for using an SD card as the /data partition. Hopefully I found the right boot image and my steps in the pdf are all correct. Head on over to Goo.im Downloads - Browsing firehak to download it.

Credits:
Shabbypenguin - for multiple performance tweaks, CWM5, and putting up with me ;P
dmrlook - help with brainstorming, CWM5, and being awesome

PhoeniX wouldn't exist without their help, so make sure to give them their thanks!

Update: There is a typo when using the "remount" command. It says that it is remounting /dev/stl9 rather than /dev/stl12, but this does not affect it, the command still works. There is a remount script in /sbin/remount and /system/xbin/remount, and I forgot to remove it from sbin. Both scripts do work.

Last edited:

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM

Firehak, I cannot begin to thank you for what you have done for this community, I know I suggested some ideas, but I didnt think they would be of any help or were relevant to anything in the rooting forum. I expect your ROM to blow away the competition and I am considering stopping developement on my rom and maybe collaberating with you on this one. Donations from my ROM were my main and only real source of income. Because I am just a freshman in high school, i dont have to worry about a real job for a while and could make some contributions to the ROM in my free time. I have a friend that is fluent in C and C++ and Java so maybe he could be of help too. Again, thanks for all of your work and I wish the best of luck on the success of your ROM.

-GPOT

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

Holy cow, I'm excited! I just got a replenish (so my wife and I have the same phone now) and I'll put this on both of ours. I keep getting "Low Storage" errors.. Gingerbread has helped the space problems quite a bit, but a ROM will do the trick in kicking this horse into full sprint! Sprint.

Thanks for all you do, Firehak!

Drizzzle01

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Is this from going to have a custom kernel to allow overclocking / undervolting?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Is this from going to have a custom kernel to allow overclocking / undervolting?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

My guess is going to be: no. Like LeafRom before it, I imagine this creation will remove bloat, and have a few other tricks up its sleeve, but no custom kernel.

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

about time you started to pull your weight around here ;P

Hey, limited internet tends to make doing things on the internet near impossible ;)

My guess is going to be: no. Like LeafRom before it, I imagine this creation will remove bloat, and have a few other tricks up its sleeve, but no custom kernel.

Sorry to say, but no. This will remain like LeafRom for Froyo for the time being, unless something comes to my attention and I am able to compile a working kernel source. We had issues with Froyo kernels compiling, but throwing the phone into a boot loop.

EDIT: Anyone else having issues with the post editor? I can use the formatting options in quick reply, but not if I use "go advanced." I'd really like to be able to add formatting to my post to make it look nicer, but I suppose I'll just have to type it all out normally.

Last edited:

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: Anyone else having issues with the post editor? I can use the formatting options in quick reply, but not if I use "go advanced." I'd really like to be able to add formatting to my post to make it look nicer, but I suppose I'll just have to type it all out normally.

No issues using advanced post editor here.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Hey, limited internet tends to make doing things on the internet near impossible ;)

Sorry to say, but no. This will remain like LeafRom for Froyo for the time being, unless something comes to my attention and I am able to compile a working kernel source. We had issues with Froyo kernels compiling, but throwing the phone into a boot loop.

No I have had no troubles with the editor but I have found it gets messed up on slow connections. Just wait until u get better internet and u will be fine.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

After installing all the tweaks the phone keeps force quite vibrating without getting past the boot animation, so I want you guys' opinion. Release a glorified stock (just some removed bloat and replaced apps), or do I wait and fix all tweaks?

TekGai

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

I already have root and some of the bloat removed, so I'm willing to wait for the finished rom. Take your time, good sir.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

I am willing to wait for the release. How are you flashing it? Odin? Because the flasher I was using didnt like updating very much.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I am willing to wait for the release. How are you flashing it? Odin? Because the flasher I was using didnt like updating very much.

That's because I'm not just dumping apps, I'm flashing everything. You can't just throw those over and expect to be on GB, it's why my image is over 300MB uncompressed.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

the flasher wipes frameworks and app, you need the whole system to be flashed to gb... might wanna see about making it cwm flashable honestly

edit: also the flasher used kms to obtain a rooted shell so that it could push the files... since kms doesnt work... neither will the flasher :)

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey Shabby - CWM does not work with our phones now that it is in GB (the dump of boot.img is all FFs). Not sure why - could it be the difference in kernels? I'd think not, but don't know for sure. Do you have the code for the CWM image you created for us that I could look at and hopefully modify to once again work with our phones. Then we could make a CWM flushable image.

sleshepic

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I am looking forward to this development! Thanks for all your work guys. I have my girl's replenish rooted but not on GB yet, guess I'll just wait to see what happens first. I'm assuming it'd be better to wait rather than update and lose root? Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith