Adobe Flash Player 11.1 for ARMv6

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Disclaimer: I do not own, nor do I take credit for, any of the work done in creating this app. I simply discovered that it worked on my Replenish, and thought I should share it for others to try.

At long last, I've found a version of flash that works for our phones and continues to work after a reboot (for myself anyways). Previously, I found methods that would run, but they would stop working after a reboot and would never work again (even after uninstall/reinstall) until a data wipe.

Steps for installing (Root Explorer makes this very easy):

1.Download this file: Flash Player 11.1.APK
2. And this one: lib.zip
3. Install the Flash Player.apk
4. Extract the files from lib.zip and copy them to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib
5. Change the permissions on each lib file to rw-r--r-- (chmod 644 filename)
6. Reboot
7. Go to What Is My Flash Player Version? to test if it works or not.

Note: When checking your flash version it will say that it is version 10.3.185, but the actual version is 11.1.102. This discrepancy occurs because the lib files that are used are from Flash 10.3.

I invite everyone to try this out and see if it works!

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
This works. I did it all from root browser of rom manager pro. Don't know how I'm gonna use it, but it does work..lol

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
^ Yeah, flash video and game performance will be sub-par at best, this phone just doesn't have a powerful enough graphics chip to stream video well. But hey, at least we can view flash content, which is more than we could say before.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps not for a ROM release - this takes over 12 MB of space on the phone, and on our little phones, 12 MB is a lot. Plus, we have such a crappy CPU, that flash does not work well anyway, so we would be paying 12 MB for poor performance.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I think that even though the video performance is lacking, it's useful for when you need to view a site that requires flash.

Either way, once we get data2ext working well, 12mb won't be a hit at all.

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just use Dolphin Browser Mini instead of the normal browser; it's 2.58 MB and it has flash built in. I vote with dmrlook, this is unnecessary.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
What file explorer app are you using to navigate? The stock explorer only shows the /sdcard directory, so you can't access the /data directory that you need to do this. With Root Explorer, you can move the files to the proper directory, as well as change the permissions easily.

noiluutru

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
How about ICS, Andorid 4.
I try to setup Adobe Flash for my phone (LG P500 - armv6), but not done.

Please help me play Adobe Flash in ICS for Armv6 (with my P500).

Thanks a lot.

NormireX

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I downloaded the APK (which saved as a zip btw so I renamed it to .apk) I installed the APK and then set ES File Explorer so I could go to the root directory.

I found the data folder but there was nothing in it. Does the phone need to be rooted to see the files in this folder?

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It didnt work for me and i followed the steps. It said i have flashplayer 0,.0.0

Do you see the "Flash Player Settings" icon in your app drawer? If not the APK probably didn't install correctly for some reason.

If the APK installed correctly and the lib files are correct, then try checking your browser settings and make sure that plug-ins are enabled.

BLazzin420

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have the above folder installed now how do I change the attributes, I right clicked to see the properties.please help I am soo close, thanks. is flash player compatible with opera mobile browser.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It's easy to change the permissions (from the phone) using root explorer, or another file manager that allows you to access the /data directory. Just long press on the file, and select Permissions, and set it to the values that I indicated in the OP. You can also do this from your computer using ADB, but it's a bit more complicated.

BLazzin420

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I am using ES File Explorer, so I went to data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer folder and press it and I get operations cut, copy, rename, delete, select all,shortcut, bookmarks, compress(encrypt), set as home, and properties. I dont see or have a option for permissions. I am using a samsung replenish by boostmobile. Note my phone is not rooted and I cant find the correct method to do this I cant use root explore phone needs to be rooted first., I have been searching and got tired of all these crazy mthods and wont work. please help. I installed Astro File Manager and I can see the details of each file permissions at -rw on all 5 files but I cant access it or change it.

Last edited:

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am using ES File Explorer, so I went to data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer folder and press it and I get operations cut, copy, rename, delete, select all,shortcut, bookmarks, compress(encrypt), set as home, and properties. I dont see or have a option for permissions. I am using a samsung replenish by boostmobile. Note my phone is not rooted and I cant find the correct method to do this I cant use root explore phone needs to be rooted first., I have been searching and got tired of all these crazy mthods and wont work. please help. I installed Astro File Manager and I can see the details of each file permissions at -rw on all 5 files but I cant access it or change it.

You got to be rooted

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2