Root my replenish

ajm1718

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm new to rooting. I don't know if its possible for my phone. I usually do research on these topics but since there's a wide variety of different Roots and what not, I keep getting stuck. I have a jailbroken iPod that I done myself (^.^) So I'm new but not totally. The reason I want to root my Replenish is for the Hotspot capability. Two questions. #1 Would it be worth doing. & #2 Is it even possible.

Thanks . :p

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Two steps:

1. Download the .zip containing ODIN and the necessary files here: http://www.firehak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/SPHM580_EK18_Rooted.zip

2. Read and follow the directions here: http://www.firehak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/README_rooted.txt

How many people are gonna come in here and ask the same questions..Can't people search??

Theres only 1 way to root these phones on GB and thats the pre rooted Odin from firehack.

Not to sound like a dick, but people need to use the search function.

ajm1718

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
How many people are gonna come in here and ask the same questions..Can't people search??

Theres only 1 way to root these phones on GB and thats the pre rooted Odin from firehack.

Not to sound like a dick, but people need to use the search function.

Well you sounded like a complete utter dick to me, sorry for me not even knowing how to use this damn forum. Your rude comment was not needed.
The Moral to the story is : If you don't have anything positive to say. (post) Don't say at all.
Have a nice day & follow me on twitter @RUDEassMU A if you have any other problems. or comments:)

Reactions: BIGJ541

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well you sounded like a complete utter dick to me, sorry for me not even knowing how to use this damn forum. Your rude comment was not needed.
The Moral to the story is : If you don't have anything positive to say. (post) Don't say at all.
Have a nice day & follow me on twitter @RUDEassMU A if you have any other problems. or comments:)

Thanks so much! You are awesome!:)

Are you schizophrenic or just stupid?

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Newer stock roms are going to be posted soon that don't have anymore problems now that I can use CWM. Just an FYI for anyone using my stock images. I know some have ran into problems.

tremble97

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried that root with my replenish and the steps, but when I was attempting to boot my phone, it said it was downloading and didn't do anything esle after.

alwright1980

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I wanted to thank you for the rooting method you you posted for the replenish, as it was very helpful and did indeed ALLow me to root my phone with gingerbread. However after installing this version of root. I was prompted to download and install a a system update which by the by negated my rot permissions and had to root it all over again, I am sure this is because of our friends the android root police at sprint but do you know anything to guard against this other than simply not installing the updates that will allow me to re root my phone with the all the applications installed and my active microsoft exchange settings still in tact. I at this ti,e have re rooted my phone and I am ignoring the prompts to install the system update, but that is annoying to put it frankly. any help would be grealty appreciated. and thank you for getting the rot out as it already is.

alwright1980

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming you installed phoenix rom 0.2 to get root. Once you install that, you don't want the sprint update. firehak will be releasing a phoenix rom 0.3 shortly that will give you the sprint update and maintain root. So I'd wait for that and ignore the update message for now.

clanwars0

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

that post was needed. some ppl dont know how to search at all dick. that person was not a dick or a "utter" dick at all. your the utter dick for posting that. and that thanks by some random dude was not needed for that post of your's at all. the post u quoted was DOA. i have friends and family that are still new to computers and its really hard for them to find the right keyword to use to find what they're looking for. so that is why they come to sites like these and sites similar to wiki answers. because they dont know a thing and that fine by me. at least they're using them to learn more about computers and smart phones. that's all i have to say. thank you for listening/reading to this.

rajingo

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
bud I'm not trying to be rude but if your looking up to find how to "root" a android then you probably know how to search just saying.

foxyposhy

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
bud I'm not trying to be rude but if your looking up to find how to "root" a android then you probably know how to search just saying.

Yes...searching is easy! I'm sure a caveman could do it... however, finding the right root or rom for this phone is not! I have spent a week reading thru every dingle forum, and none of them are exactly official, and some instructions are made by other noobs. When a person asks for guidance on this particular phone, I believe they are doing the right thing in not bricking it and wasting time like I did, going back and forth between these guides.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Boneyard Boogie

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Newbie here i really need help straighten my replenish out for it goes no further than the samsung screen can anybody help or have any tips? the reason why i wanted to reset a phone i purchased to clear all the crap out of it and this is what i got so please someone give me a reply before i loose my mind thankx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang