Custom Kernel V 2.0 for the Samsung Replenish...

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Custom Kernel V 1.0 for the Samsung Replenish...

I'll give that a shot when I'm back around a computer.

In the meantime, I guess I misunderstood what "based on FA19" means. I guess it doesn't mean that my phone will still hound me several times a day to upgrade? Have we figured out a way to make that annoying thing go away?

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Also --

If I decide I want to return back to stock, is that possible now that we've gone and put everything on a new filesystem?

Senkusha

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for such an awesome thing! My phone now boots in less than 20 seconds!!! That is amazing. The true test will come tomorrow while I'm at work to see how my battery responds to the new Governor (using Smartass) settings. Information on which Governor to use will really help noobs like me also. Thank you for all of your hard work!

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey all - the new CruseControl app is now available. Please take a look at the new feature and let me know what you think, as well as any issues/bugs you find. It's still a work in progress, so more will be added as I have time.

Thanks all!

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey all - the new CruseControl app is now available. Please take a look at the new feature and let me know what you think, as well as any issues/bugs you find. It's still a work in progress, so more will be added as I have time.

Thanks all!

Will it update thru the market or is it an apk we need?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Will it update thru the market or is it an apk we need?

You need the APK - I have not yet posted this to the market, and won't post this version to the market at all as I plan to sell this app (in a different version) on the market, so I need to get it to you here otherwise you would have to pay.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
You need the APK - I have not yet posted this to the market, and won't post this version to the market at all as I plan to sell this app (in a different version) on the market, so I need to get it to you here otherwise you would have to pay.

So the one on the first page is the updated version?

Edit: got it. Don't really need the little graph so ill just go back to the previous version if that's the only change. Does work tho and I installed it over the previous version without uninstalling the old one.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Yes. That's the only visable change (made some optimizations. As well to speed up the app) so you can go back to the original.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes. That's the only visable change (made some optimizations. As well to speed up the app) so you can go back to the original.

I'm staying with the update. Since it hasent fc'ed and the speed stays amazing like it does, I can't see a rason to go back.

Care if I post a Dropbox mirror? I like using Dropbox for some reason..lol. I have all the files that have been made for this phone in terms of root/flash uploaded to this forum..lol

I'm working on getting my wife the Sprint GSII and I'm gonna keep the Replenish..lol

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm staying with the update. Since it hasent fc'ed and the speed stays amazing like it does, I can't see a rason to go back.

Care if I post a Dropbox mirror? I like using Dropbox for some reason..lol. I have all the files that have been made for this phone in terms of root/flash uploaded to this forum..lol

I'm working on getting my wife the Sprint GSII and I'm gonna keep the Replenish..lol

I don't mind if you post a mirror - just do me a favor and make sure it is clear that the app only fully works on a Samsung replenish with a modified kernel. This way, is someone else downloads on a non-replenish from your mirror, they won't think the app does not work and then find it on the market and rate is poorly.

In fact, I'll post a link later today for a newer version that will provide a warning message if run on a non-replenish and ask that you put that one on your mirror.

djjavejav

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Just installed kernel and CruseControl. Smooth as butter. Now to see if it helps my battery life! Thanks dmrlook!

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Day 2 with this kernel.

Reporting great battery life from not only my phone now, but my wife's replenish as well. She uses Facebook a ton!

She actually showed me her battery life last night after a full day's use and it wasn't even down 50 percent - seriously. Thank you.

http://www.RandomRandy.com

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

After a weekend of using the new kernel, using the smartassv2 governor gives me a great boost in performance, but battery life actually takes a pretty bad hit.

I'm going to use the interactive governor starting tomorrow and see what happens with that.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

After a weekend of using the new kernel, using the smartassv2 governor gives me a great boost in performance, but battery life actually takes a pretty bad hit.

I'm going to use the interactive governor starting tomorrow and see what happens with that.

I will add that i'm on Wifi for a large part of the day, and I have wi-fi set in the advanced settings under "Wi-fi Sleep Policy" set to NEVER.

The reason for this being set to never is that so the phone isn't repeatedly re-establishing a connection going from mobile to wifi - having to be reassigned an IP address every time.. big drainer, I would thing.

My kernel is set to OnDemand as well.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been running it since it was released, and the battery life has improved dramaticaly. I can use gps satelites for Nav, wifi on always, plus txt, email and opera mini. I'm getting 12-15 hours of battery life per day.

I use my phone heavily and this is some of the best battery life I've seen.

Just putting my 2 cents in.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to anything else you release.

Thanks

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey all. Just a quick note that I am now running with an overclocking kernel. Look for a kernel release soon!

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
All - version 2.0 of my kernel has been released. Please go to the first post of this thread for a download link on details of how to install and what's new. You may all be happy to know that with this kernel release, we can now use netflix on our lowly phones! Enjoy, and please provide feedback, good, or bad!

Reactions: firehak

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
All - version 2.0 of my kernel has been released. Please go to the first post of this thread for a download link on details of how to install and what's new. You may all be happy to know that with this kernel release, we can now use netflix on our lowly phones! Enjoy, and please provide feedback, good, or bad!

Thanks for keeping them busy while I've been out ;) I've had a lot of things going on, but I'll be picking up the slack tonight or tomorrow to get PhoeniX 0.3 back on track :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles