Custom Kernel V 2.0 for the Samsung Replenish...

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I now have cruisecontrol (the free version) and cruisecontrol pro (paid app - the one I released here for free) on the android market. If you get a chance, i'd appreciate it if you could rate the free version (since you can't rate the paid one without buying it). And spread the word if anyone is looking for a cpu controlling app. The market link to the free version is: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rdmsoft.crusecontrol

Last edited:

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Glad ji checked the forum. Got the update and ill flash in a bit.

And yea..ill rate it just like everyone else should..lol

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hope it all works well for you. I just realized cruise control may not work at boot with the new kernel. Let me know if that is the case and I'll fix the app and post an update.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
All - version 2.0 of my kernel has been released. Please go to the first post of this thread for a download link on details of how to install and what's new. You may all be happy to know that with this kernel release, we can now use netflix on our lowly phones! Enjoy, and please provide feedback, good, or bad!

Am I just blind, or is the download link from the first post missing?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes - it is missing - I don't know how that happened. I am at work right now so I can not fix it since I don't have the zip file on me. I will fix it as soon as I get home - sorry about that!

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
OK all - the link for the kernel is back up, and this one will work with Cruise Control. Enjoy, and please let me know if there are any issues.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Now that we're on this custom Kernel, what are our options if we decide to go back to stock? Also, now that I'm on PhoeniX 0.2 with the non-stock file system, I assume that makes it a not-so-simple process, as well, right?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You can easily move back to the stock kernel, especially if you cwm backuped before installing my kernel. As for going back to full stock with phoenix, I'm not sure because of the filesystem changes.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright, here's the problem I'm having. Please, somebody say you can help me.

I'm running the custom kernel v2.0.

I realized while trying to update an app via the market that I kept getting a FC. I thought maybe it was because I needed to wipe everything after the update, so I did that.

Now, the Market crashes every time I try to open it.

I tried to recover to v 1.0 of the Kernel (and the stock kernel) and on each instance it tells me that the MD5 checksum didn't match.

So now, I have no apps, and can't recover back to an earlier version of anything.

Any ideas? Can someone help me recover back to stock so I can try everything from scratch?

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright, here's the problem I'm having. Please, somebody say you can help me.

I'm running the custom kernel v2.0.

I realized while trying to update an app via the market that I kept getting a FC. I thought maybe it was because I needed to wipe everything after the update, so I did that.

Now, the Market crashes every time I try to open it.

I tried to recover to v 1.0 of the Kernel (and the stock kernel) and on each instance it tells me that the MD5 checksum didn't match.

So now, I have no apps, and can't recover back to an earlier version of anything.

Any ideas? Can someone help me recover back to stock so I can try everything from scratch?

Try clearing data again or, less favorably, odin back to EK18 and re-install PhoeniX. To answer your other question, it isn't currently possible to go back to stock completely because I never thought to make a backup of it. I have the old odin images, but they don't include /cache, which we need CWM to replace anyways. Unless someone is kind enough to install CWM and backup BEFORE installing PhoeniX and posting it for me somewhere, we cannot currently return to full-fledged stock, though I can certainly fake it in every aspect aside from the file system.

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, someone made scattered posts linking it somewhere around here.. Here's a link to the post on my site. Be aware that I do know there are issues, this was before I knew what I was doing. I can't remember what all was wrong aside from shell commands not working correctly though, if you decide to boot into it. The custom kernel will also fail to boot if you go back because of the file system. It isn't because of anything Dmrlook did, it is because of a file in boot.img (where the kernel also is) that specifically has to state what type of file system is being mounted. So I don't recommend flashing it without PhoeniX ;)

shrekdaklown

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i had to go to a early back up still phenox 2 no kernal change but try jus goin to phenox 2 and reodin it if you dont have the early backup

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had the FC issues with the market app as well, I did a wipe user data and wipe cache and that fixed it. The kernel should not have any bearing on the app working or not. I think sprint/samsungs implementation of GB has some flaws. It is not near stock GB. They modified it to pull out some functionality (e.g. SIP stack for example) and add sprint bloat (e.g. sprint ID, sprint hotspot which you may notice is ALWAYS running). So you should be able to go back to the Ver 2.0 kernel with no issues. CWM backup if you are concerned.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Double post to catch the attention - anyone have overclock problems? My phone either locks up or reboots. I can underclock just fine. Attempting twice today shot my battery from 80 to 30 percent and it flew down after that. Today was the first time I attempted to leave ondemand because Sonic CD lagged too much. It played just fine before using the custom kernel since I assume we kept a constant 600mhz. So in my experience, it's great for battery life, but may need some tweaking unless I just don't know how to use it correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781