Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jump development for boost replenish

First question since im buying one of these as a backup phone today. the boost version has gingerbread (2.3.4 i think) can the same way to root the sprint replenish work for the boost model?

Also anybody looking to do anything for the boost model, let me know what you need to get a move on things! Like a system dump if anybody can give me a link showing me how to do it, or can post it in the thread to help the devs would be thanked!

Also other boost replenish owners post in this thread! Lets show everybody that we want the tweaks and love shown to the sprint model pasted this way to.

Thanks

Default Re: Jump development for boost replenish

I would not recommend installing anything here on the boost model unless you are very skilled and confident that you can get back to a working phone. All of the ROMs and kernels release here are based on Sprints replenish, and thus, most likely will not work on your phone. That being said, if someone in the boost community is able to compile code and hack phones, I'm sure they could modify what is released here to work on your phones.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I know the roms or kernel won't work yet, but rooting the device on gingerbread should be the same as the sprint model?

My post was a cry for somebody to help bring development to the boost model! lol

idk if its the same as it was with the older phones but i have had many phones on boost that were sprint phones i think the biggest issue would be mms and data idk if you could pull the info for the mms and data and apply them to the sprint roms and kernals im not a dev but wondering if its possible
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

well got the replenish for boost yesterday. So far phone is actually nicer than i thought it would be! Matter of fact im selling my boost lg marquee and keeping the replenish(to many problems and NEVER buying a lg phone again!)

Its running android 2.3.6 ek03 build of gingerbread???

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tex903 View Post
    well got the replenish for boost yesterday. So far phone is actually nicer than i thought it would be! Matter of fact im selling my boost lg marquee and keeping the replenish(to many problems and NEVER buying a lg phone again!)

Its running android 2.3.6 ek03 build of gingerbread???
    If you can follow instructions, I will begin a Boost version of our work.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by firehak View Post
    If you can follow instructions, I will begin a Boost version of our work.
    I can follow them and I'm down. Need this device to be my wifi hospot for other devices.

Sent from my Mule aka Samsung Replenish

ROM
    Stock

First, make sure the usb drivers are installed. SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

You will also need an sdcard.

• Download the attached zip and extract it into a new folder.
    • Open odin and make sure "one package" is checked
    • Click the ops button and browse for the included .ops file
    • Click the "one package" button and browse for "Replenish-CWM5.tar"
    • The phone will reboot automatically, so be ready to hold the "u" key while it boots
    • Now you should be in recovery mode with root
    • Go to mounts and storage->mount /sdcard
    • Open a command prompt (hit windows start button, search for "cmd")
    • type in "cd C:\path\to\the\extracted\directory" I have no idea where that may be for you.
    • An example for the above: "cd C:\Users\Stephan\Desktop\Odin"
    • Once in the directory, follow the below commands

Code:
    adb.exe shell 
    mkdir /sdcard/dump/
    dd if=/dev/block/bml9 of=/sdcard/dump/boot.img
    dd if=/dev/block/stl12 of=/sdcard/dump/system.rfs
    Zip these and upload them for me somewhere like mediafire.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by firehak; 02-27-2012 at 01:43 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

okay when i try to adb.exe to get copy of boot.img. it just brings up command list of adb????? But it made the dump file on my sdcard???
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Here's a nandroid with boot.img and system files!!!

If that helps
    Last edited by tex903; 02-28-2012 at 06:10 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Sorry, I wrote the instructions right before going to bed.. I'll look at your files when I'm on a computer, but my commands should say adb.exe shell in front of dd or have you do adb.exe shell to get into a sh shell as root, and then just copy paste the dd commands. I'll edit it soon

Edit: Downloading your backup now to see if it has everything, though deposit files is extremely slow to let me download it. I'm getting a 2 hour ETA.
    Last edited by firehak; 02-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Okay im going to try adb shell to get what you requested earlier

*Edit*

Here is the boot.img and system.rfs

http://depositfiles.com/files/lcu4vlk02
    Last edited by tex903; 02-27-2012 at 03:41 PM.

ROM
    Stock

I'm still downloading it, so no rush. You may already have given me what I need.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Well i just edit my post and put the boot.img and system.rfs for ya as well!!!
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

I'm still downloading it, so no rush. You may already have given me what I need.
    Let me know if you've got everything if not ill get you a system dump from mine.

Also you said your gonna do a boost version of yalls work? Were you referring to the roms? Or a root method? I think I've got an idea how to root. If I can get cwm flashed the same way you showed how in those odin instructions and from there just flash su zip? Sound about right or is there an easier way?

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

In my earlier post i was able to make dump of the boot.img and system.rfs so he should be good to go! But i also gave him a nandroid backup which i was suprised worked! I need (or anybody brave) to make a backup and try to restore the backup to see if restore will work?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

The restore worked!!! so that's good to know!

ROM
    Stock

Both dumps had what I needed, but I highly suggest you not post your dumps in public. I should have been specific and asked for a link through a private message. I suggest you edit your posts here and on the thread you started tex903.

Joshua.worth, there is no rooting method yet and probably won't be for a very long time. A couple of us here got ideas going before we realized we can just flash CWM and do whatever we wanted, so we did just that. We put all the files in the right place and used root to give the correct permissions.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Joshua.worth, there is no rooting method yet and probably won't be for a very long time. A couple of us here got ideas going before we realized we can just flash CWM and do whatever we wanted, so we did just that. We put all the files in the right place and used root to give the correct permissions.
    Does that mean I can just do that? If so how do I go about it? I recently did this with my Nexus S but it was different since the bootloader was unlocked

Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

I can't get odin to recognize my phone?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

So fire if i can ask are you going to build your rom to work for the boost model???
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

I was wondering the same thing. I was under the impression that, that was why you needed the system dump.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk
    ROM Developer

firehak has been rather busy guys. if you guys are brave enough the kernels and roms should work
    the roms with a few issues in that you may have problems with frameworks so make sure to use a nandroid to restore if things go amiss... make sure to wipe tho
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer

Any luck cleaning up those boost dumps? I am in some dire straits right now. Kinda need a lifeline to get this phone back up and running. I can get the phone to CWM so getting a nandroid restorable dump would be greatly appreciated. Thanks