Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: [Root Method] Samsung Replenish Android 2.3.6

Being completely new to rooting, you can imagine how proud of myself I am right now. Working with busybox installed

Quick question: How can I get the leafROM installed and working now? I've tried searching, and the methods listed aren't working. I have a distinct feeling I'm doing something wrong though.

ROM
    10% PostConsumer/dmrlook

Don't do it. Leafrom was for froyo and will not work. You are on gingerbread. If u want a custom rom wait for phoenix 0.3 from firehak.

See my previous post for busybox installation update.
    Last edited by man or astroman; 03-12-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Thanked by:

samsung replenish boostmobile can me rooted using Phoenix rom . Go under and alll the
    software links and instructions are there. The instructions are a liittle weak for the average person. you will be instructed to download software to your phone. Then connect your device to the computer. look for the download and unzip it. you will see odin Multi downloader. This package comes with a recovery program as welll but I recommend backing up to a good back up app as well. To get thae adb downloader your phone has to be unpluged from the computer. hold the space plus p and it will work. attach the phone and start the odin software. When finished it should stop timer and say pass. . diisconnet the phone frrom the pc and follow the instructions. you have to find phoenix.ziip. reboot and hold the u button at the same time. I had a little problem finding what they wanted be to unzip. so go back and forth under different categories you think it is under. you can try them. If it dosent work go back and try another. I'm not a very high tech person and it worked for me. your phone will be rooted with a llittle patients. if you follow the instructions and little tips here you will be able to root your phone. signing out jB
    Thanked by:

ROM
    10% PostConsumer/dmrlook

I would check this out in detail and ask firehak b4 doing this. PhoeniX was made for sprint... U may brick ur phone... I believe he is coming out with a boost version soon.
    Thanked by:

Is it possible to root the replenish boost mobile 2.3.6 using gingerbreak without the use of a computer thanks...
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by joebarr669 View Post
    samsung replenish boostmobile can me rooted using Phoenix rom . Go under and alll the
    software links and instructions are there. The instructions are a liittle weak for the average person. you will be instructed to download software to your phone. Then connect your device to the computer. look for the download and unzip it. you will see odin Multi downloader. This package comes with a recovery program as welll but I recommend backing up to a good back up app as well. To get thae adb downloader your phone has to be unpluged from the computer. hold the space plus p and it will work. attach the phone and start the odin software. When finished it should stop timer and say pass. . diisconnet the phone frrom the pc and follow the instructions. you have to find phoenix.ziip. reboot and hold the u button at the same time. I had a little problem finding what they wanted be to unzip. so go back and forth under different categories you think it is under. you can try them. If it dosent work go back and try another. I'm not a very high tech person and it worked for me. your phone will be rooted with a llittle patients. if you follow the instructions and little tips here you will be able to root your phone. signing out jB
    Did you do this yourself to a boost device? Just want to make sure there is no issues prior to proceeding

Sent from my HTC Hero S
    Thanked by:

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

success!!!! diff method from you, but i used several of your steps. speaking of, would you mind if i posted a link to here, where people can download it for use in a guide of mine that incorporates all the files you uploaded into a root for the 2.3.6 OTA update for the samsung replenish?
    Last edited by isavegas; 03-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    ROM

Wouldn't mind at all I could update this to match yours as well so people have the best way possible to get root this method is wonky
    Thanked by:

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

lol. ok. here's the link to what i have put together (beware, its super noob-friendly, considering im a noob too) my way is like yours, but aimed for noobs and the su file is the only thing that gets changed. NOTHING else is affected, and ive tested it numerous times. in fact, im about to test it right now, as i am about to back up and flash to before root (i did that when i got CWM loaded, even tho for some reason, it doesnt write itself into the recovery...? useful for a stock restore in case you need it. im about to flash to it, factory reset, and go through the CWM, making a restore for perfect stock restore to 2.3.6, and im gonna make a pre-rooted version as well. this is set up with credit to you, tho i need to adjust some stuff now.

Thanked by:

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

umm... quick question... are the backups CWM make actual roms? just wanna get my terminology right on everything
    Thanked by:

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

huh.... i cant seem to unroot now? the su file has disappeared, but root still exists? even after reboot?

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

great... unroot isnt working........... oh well.

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

how do i get the md5 sums to match!?!?!?

whew... just had to remove the space in the name i gave the backup.................. whew........................................ anyways, cant make a clean rom using this method, itll always be rooted.
    Last edited by isavegas; 03-13-2012 at 07:45 PM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by isavegas View Post
    how do i get the md5 sums to match!?!?!?

whew... just had to remove the space in the name i gave the backup.................. whew........................................ anyways, cant make a clean rom using this method, itll always be rooted.
    We can get a stock nandroid from somebody and no backups aren't roms per say

Sent from my HTC Hero S
    Last edited by joshua.worth; 03-27-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Thanked by:

I will pay someone via paypal for a one click root that involves no computer for rooting the boost mobile replenish....
    Thanked by:

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

oh? well, i see some difference, but only in the status of the system. as in the data and apps. but i mean, if you take a backup of a rom out of the box, will it be almost identical to the rom files itself (albeit in a different format)? and the plain rom was pointless anyways. who wants to go back to the stock, unrooted rom anymore? the phone is outdated, so warranty paranoia shouldnt be as high. it was mostly so a pre-rooted file could be uploaded for people who are rooting the phone and arent afraid of losing everything on it. i can do that right now if i wanted to. im just too tired... lol. the phone is busy in the day (its someone elses right now, but itll be mine when she upgrades, and she doesnt mind me rooting it and stuff) so i can only do it at night. im gonna get some much needed sleep within the next hour, but next time i get a chance, ill sit down, backup the current setup, reflash the backup i made right after discovering my successful root method, factory reset, back it up again, and restore it to how it is now. then ill upload the restore file it creates as a zip folder to my box account and then we should be good to go. a nandroid shouldnt be necessary, considering were going through CWM in the first place. it would allow them to simply temp flash CWM and flash the recovery from their sd card and bam, they have stock 2.3.6 + root! anyways, have you read over my guide? if so, any changes you think might be useful?

update: yeah, i see why nandroid might be useful. people with softbricked phones could flash the nandroid and have it functional again.
    Last edited by isavegas; 03-14-2012 at 02:52 AM.

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEY22 View Post
    I will pay someone via paypal for a one click root that involves no computer for rooting the boost mobile replenish....
    dont worry, ill look into it for you. can you tell us exactly what your phone specs are? i may not be able to code, but if youre not afraid of losing all your data, and we can find a way of getting CWM on your phone without root, i know i could get you a clean restore file that's pre-rooted. hmmm...... ill look into CWM installing app on unrooted phone... that would take a couple of clicks, but same result. easy root without computer.
    Last edited by isavegas; 03-14-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    Thanked by:

um im trying to download it but when i connect it to the cpu it dosent show up so it wont let me download the files from the cpu to the phone

thanks guys ur r life saver
    Thanked by:

ROM
    all stock/slapkernel

sorry i havent posted in forever, but since you have a computer, did you use my guide? im curious.

sorry also that you cant root without a computer. the replenish on 2.3.6 is virtually unrootable except by using something like this. remember, it is UN-UNROOTABLE (lol), so you CANNOT UNDO THE ROOT without a FULL reflash of the ENTIRE PHONE. i tried for my guide, and even a cwm backup couldnt undo the root. i dont know how it stays rooted without the su file, but it does. its like magic! just take care when mucking about with odin. its best if you take my optional steps as well.
    Thanked by:

Excuse me if this has allready been asked I want to flash this file so I can get my boost replenish to be root. is this for the boost replenish or sprints, or does it not matter just came from verizons droid x to boosts samsung replenish

Hi, does this work on the iWireless replenish from kroger. It says sprint at the top of the screen but service is iWireless and it has 2.3.6

It is based off of sprint phones. I would not try on your phone unless you are very skilled at rooting phones and confident you can get back to a working phone. My advice is to start with installing the clock work mod recovery image on your phone first to see if that will work.

yea ive rooted phones before. i got the cwm recovery on the phone but the superuser zip file on page one of this thread is no longer available. any idea where else i can get it?
    Thanked by:

Hey guys been following ur posts. cant get busybox installed. i see a pic that u got it working. mind sharing? i have a boost mobile samsung replenish. Ps. nice going to the both of you
    Thanked by 2:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast