[Root Method] Samsung Replenish Android 2.3.6

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, Im a noob when it comes to rooting android phones. I followed all the steps that Joshua.Worth typed in and received the same screen shot from rootchecker indicating that my phone is rooted. However, when I try to install busybox installer, I receive a message not allowing me to go any futher, and it states the installation was unsuccessful. A lil help here please. I don't know what to do from here. I granted permission from SuperUser but it wont let me install busybox. I then go back to root checker and it indicates my phone is not rooted.

I have the same issue I think Firehak will have a fix for us, then I'll update the op

Sent from my HTC Hero S

Reactions: jpadua87

cphsic

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a new boost replenish that hasn't been activated and I can wait a day to do so, if you need a backup of it tell me and i will try to install cwm (i might need help, or do I just follow the instructions here) to it to get a clean copy of the stock rom.

jpadua87

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Damn that would b sweet. I really do not know what's the advantages of having a rooted phone but I been told that its the same as jail breaking an ipod. I'm really looking forward to this and hopefully the issue can be resolved. Thanks again

alwright1980

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried this method and although it seemed to work and SU was indeed installed on my phone no apps will populate in the apps portion of SU. I am unable to install busybox myself, and am getting quite frustrated. Any Ideas? Please any help at all to get my phone rooted. I have gingerbread and sprint and as they are apparently the android police things are getting tougher and tougher.

Thanks,
L.A. Wright

whitedeborah01

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Being completely new to rooting, you can imagine how proud of myself I am right now. Working with busybox installed :)

Quick question: How can I get the leafROM installed and working now? I've tried searching, and the methods listed aren't working. I have a distinct feeling I'm doing something wrong though.

man or astroman

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it. Leafrom was for froyo and will not work. You are on gingerbread. If u want a custom rom wait for phoenix 0.3 from firehak.

See my previous post for busybox installation update.

Last edited:

joebarr669

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
samsung replenish boostmobile can me rooted using Phoenix rom . Go under FirehaK | World 1-1 and alll the
software links and instructions are there. The instructions are a liittle weak for the average person. you will be instructed to download software to your phone. Then connect your device to the computer. look for the download and unzip it. you will see odin Multi downloader. This package comes with a recovery program as welll but I recommend backing up to a good back up app as well. To get thae adb downloader your phone has to be unpluged from the computer. hold the space plus p and it will work. attach the phone and start the odin software. When finished it should stop timer and say pass. . diisconnet the phone frrom the pc and follow the instructions. you have to find phoenix.ziip. reboot and hold the u button at the same time. I had a little problem finding what they wanted be to unzip. so go back and forth under different categories you think it is under. you can try them. If it dosent work go back and try another. I'm not a very high tech person and it worked for me. your phone will be rooted with a llittle patients. if you follow the instructions and little tips here you will be able to root your phone. signing out jB

man or astroman

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I would check this out in detail and ask firehak b4 doing this. PhoeniX was made for sprint... U may brick ur phone... I believe he is coming out with a boost version soon.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
samsung replenish boostmobile can me rooted using Phoenix rom . Go under FirehaK | World 1-1 and alll the
software links and instructions are there. The instructions are a liittle weak for the average person. you will be instructed to download software to your phone. Then connect your device to the computer. look for the download and unzip it. you will see odin Multi downloader. This package comes with a recovery program as welll but I recommend backing up to a good back up app as well. To get thae adb downloader your phone has to be unpluged from the computer. hold the space plus p and it will work. attach the phone and start the odin software. When finished it should stop timer and say pass. . diisconnet the phone frrom the pc and follow the instructions. you have to find phoenix.ziip. reboot and hold the u button at the same time. I had a little problem finding what they wanted be to unzip. so go back and forth under different categories you think it is under. you can try them. If it dosent work go back and try another. I'm not a very high tech person and it worked for me. your phone will be rooted with a llittle patients. if you follow the instructions and little tips here you will be able to root your phone. signing out jB

Did you do this yourself to a boost device? Just want to make sure there is no issues prior to proceeding

Sent from my HTC Hero S

isavegas

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
success!!!! diff method from you, but i used several of your steps. speaking of, would you mind if i posted a link to here, where people can download it for use in a guide of mine that incorporates all the files you uploaded into a root for the 2.3.6 OTA update for the samsung replenish?

Last edited:

isavegas

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
lol. ok. here's the link to what i have put together (beware, its super noob-friendly, considering im a noob too) my way is like yours, but aimed for noobs and the su file is the only thing that gets changed. NOTHING else is affected, and ive tested it numerous times. in fact, im about to test it right now, as i am about to back up and flash to before root (i did that when i got CWM loaded, even tho for some reason, it doesnt write itself into the recovery...? useful for a stock restore in case you need it. im about to flash to it, factory reset, and go through the CWM, making a restore for perfect stock restore to 2.3.6, and im gonna make a pre-rooted version as well. this is set up with credit to you, tho i need to adjust some stuff now.

Rooting 2.3.6 Samsung Replenish!!! Success!!! - xda-developers

isavegas

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
how do i get the md5 sums to match!?!?!?

whew... just had to remove the space in the name i gave the backup.................. whew........................................ anyways, cant make a clean rom using this method, itll always be rooted.

Last edited:

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
how do i get the md5 sums to match!?!?!?

whew... just had to remove the space in the name i gave the backup.................. whew........................................ anyways, cant make a clean rom using this method, itll always be rooted.

We can get a stock nandroid from somebody and no backups aren't roms per say

Sent from my HTC Hero S

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith