[Root Method] Samsung Replenish Android 2.3.6

isavegas

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
oh? well, i see some difference, but only in the status of the system. as in the data and apps. but i mean, if you take a backup of a rom out of the box, will it be almost identical to the rom files itself (albeit in a different format)? and the plain rom was pointless anyways. who wants to go back to the stock, unrooted rom anymore? the phone is outdated, so warranty paranoia shouldnt be as high. it was mostly so a pre-rooted file could be uploaded for people who are rooting the phone and arent afraid of losing everything on it. i can do that right now if i wanted to. im just too tired... lol. the phone is busy in the day (its someone elses right now, but itll be mine when she upgrades, and she doesnt mind me rooting it and stuff) so i can only do it at night. im gonna get some much needed sleep within the next hour, but next time i get a chance, ill sit down, backup the current setup, reflash the backup i made right after discovering my successful root method, factory reset, back it up again, and restore it to how it is now. then ill upload the restore file it creates as a zip folder to my box account and then we should be good to go. a nandroid shouldnt be necessary, considering were going through CWM in the first place. it would allow them to simply temp flash CWM and flash the recovery from their sd card and bam, they have stock 2.3.6 + root!:D anyways, have you read over my guide? if so, any changes you think might be useful?

update: yeah, i see why nandroid might be useful. people with softbricked phones could flash the nandroid and have it functional again.

Last edited:
Reactions: capricorn_chick83

isavegas

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I will pay someone via paypal for a one click root that involves no computer for rooting the boost mobile replenish....

dont worry, ill look into it for you. can you tell us exactly what your phone specs are? i may not be able to code, but if youre not afraid of losing all your data, and we can find a way of getting CWM on your phone without root, i know i could get you a clean restore file that's pre-rooted. hmmm...... ill look into CWM installing app on unrooted phone... that would take a couple of clicks, but same result. easy root without computer.

Last edited:

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
um im trying to download it but when i connect it to the cpu it dosent show up so it wont let me download the files from the cpu to the phone

isavegas

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
sorry i havent posted in forever, but since you have a computer, did you use my guide? im curious.

sorry also that you cant root without a computer. the replenish on 2.3.6 is virtually unrootable except by using something like this. remember, it is UN-UNROOTABLE (lol), so you CANNOT UNDO THE ROOT without a FULL reflash of the ENTIRE PHONE. i tried for my guide, and even a cwm backup couldnt undo the root. i dont know how it stays rooted without the su file, but it does. its like magic! :) just take care when mucking about with odin. its best if you take my optional steps as well.

cgrimm9

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me if this has allready been asked I want to flash this file so I can get my boost replenish to be root. is this for the boost replenish or sprints, or does it not matter just came from verizons droid x to boosts samsung replenish

wlrlbam

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, does this work on the iWireless replenish from kroger. It says sprint at the top of the screen but service is iWireless and it has 2.3.6

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It is based off of sprint phones. I would not try on your phone unless you are very skilled at rooting phones and confident you can get back to a working phone. My advice is to start with installing the clock work mod recovery image on your phone first to see if that will work.

wlrlbam

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
yea ive rooted phones before. i got the cwm recovery on the phone but the superuser zip file on page one of this thread is no longer available. any idea where else i can get it?

zatz

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
So you can get a temporary root in ADB while in cwm... and then you move the su file into place, which it'll delete but keep root in the kernel? You can't use su with most apps, but wifi tether will work?

What about install busybox or other apps with ADB while in cwm?

cymerax

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Well I'm brand spanking new to this and to cell phone "moding" (if that's what it's called, yah I'm that green, lol). I've used puters forever, so long ago that it was back when DOS was king ;?D and so while I kinda get the drift I still feel like a fish outta water here.:confused:

Anyway, I've just picked up a Boost Mobile Replenish for my daughter, who's in college and needs an affordable phone and internet service. I'd read that you can tether a PC to your phone, but initially it sounded a lot easier than what I'm discovering on these boards, lol, but I ain't stupid so I'm hoping to figure this out, just need to find a complete newbs guide (and I AM planning on reading more, just want peeps here to know why I may sound as dumb as dirt at times :D).

So I guess my first question is whether there's a fix that currently works - the original poster edited this on 3/27/2012 stating that "this root method may or may not work", which doesn't exactly recommend it as something to try. Now just to reiterate, I am working with a brand new BM Replenish, hasn't even been activated because I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in order. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated ;?D

Edit: Hah, just found out I'm a "civilian", lol.

Last edited:

cymerax

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Man, but I'm not able to do that. That is when I open the Wireless and Networks there's no "Tethering" setting. Plus I thought from what I've been reading that, at least with Boost Mobile, there's no factory setting to allow you to connect your 'puter to the internets ;?)
But I'd sure be happy to find out I'm wrong :D

cymerax

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I read something about an app called Easy Tether - does anyone know if this will work on a BM Replenish?

Edit: Also found PDANet and ClockworkMod Tether and was wondering which of these three either work or work the best?

Last edited:

LdotINC

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i have spemd hours on several different sites and tried several different methods to root my replenish m580 gingerbread fa19 kernal 2.6.35.7 with android 2.3.6 and this method i thought would work accept i cant figure out how to get my phone into download mode i tried the spaceP and also vol down camera and power and neither worked...any help?

GH0ST1234

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I need help rooting my Samsung Replenish when it says Downloading... In yellow when I plug it in my cpu says its Installing then it fails so I cant root it and it makes me SO MAD Can someone please help me PLEASE :mad::mad::mad:

skllcndyfrk1217

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
having troulbe with command prompt, i have no idea how to get to file or setup, or commands for the file can you take a picture on how your command prompt was steup?

fishy2010

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a samsung replenish and I don't know anything about rooting it but I want to make it a hotspot I don't have a computer but I have a tablet is there a way to put the file on there if so how?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678