[ROM] PhoeniX ROM 0.2 DEODEXED

nchanted_1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Here is a fully working deodexed PhoeniX Rom 0.2. I take no credit for this but the deodexing. All thanks can go to Firehak, Shabby, and dmrlook for all their hard work they put into this ROM, and un-popular phone. :)

As with all ROMS, FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. WARRANTY IS NOW VOID IF IT HASN'T BEEN ALREADY.

Flash from Clockwork Recovery that Shabbypenguin has provided for you.

THIS WILL WIPE ALL DATA. Thanks again to Firehak for the ext4 script that will format your partitions with the ext4 filesystem giving an overall boost of filesystem performance.

First time flashing a PhoeniX Rom? Follow this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-replenish/148702-acs-rom-phoenix-rom-0-2-a.html

FirehaK and dmrlook have both stated they will be releasing version 0.3 soon. This should hold you over till then. I don't own a Replenish, so development from me will only be on weekends when I am around my girl who owns one. I tested this on her phone first, and everthing works so far. No FC's,

There is no bootanimation. Just a black screen. Just let it be and it will boot up.

DOWNLOAD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64632729/phoenix0.2_deodexed.zip

Please report back if any issues. HAPPY FLASHING!

sleshepic

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This is great! Thx. I posted in the Phoenix rom thread not even seeing this. Looking to port a theme for this phone. Would you happen to have an updater script/zip that would work for a theme for this? Wasn't sure if the one I use for my et4g would work the same way on a replenish(just the zip and script I mean) thx!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Now thar Phoenix 3 is released, will you deodex it as well? Firehak doesn't seem interested.

If you would take note of the "RC" tag after 0.3, you would know that it is NOT released, it is a release candidate; and a broken one at that. Putting finishing touches on a broken beta seems hardly worth it, don't you think?

denschwindt

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Does this rom unlock the sprint hotspot or is there a way to do so? I used to have an evo and in a lot of the roms there was a way to make a hotspot without having to pay:) . Is there any way to achive this on the replenish?

yoyology

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to flash this ROM on my Replenish. This is my first time doing this, though I've had a rooted phone for awhile now.

As recommended, I'm trying to follow the instructions at http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-replenish/148702-acs-rom-phoenix-rom-0-2-ext-data.html, but when I reach the step that says Now click the One Package button to search for "PhoeniX.tar" I'm stuck. The deodexed version doesn't appear to include this file, or any other .tar files inside the .zip archive. What am I missing?

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to flash this ROM on my Replenish. This is my first time doing this, though I've had a rooted phone for awhile now.

As recommended, I'm trying to follow the instructions at http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-replenish/148702-acs-rom-phoenix-rom-0-2-ext-data.html, but when I reach the step that says Now click the One Package button to search for "PhoeniX.tar" I'm stuck. The deodexed version doesn't appear to include this file, or any other .tar files inside the .zip archive. What am I missing?

The deodexed version of Phoenix is not flashable through Odin. You must have CWM recovery installed on your phone, and install the .zip using CWM. Don't mess with the .zip file.

foxyposhy

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I know this must sound silly, but i'm completely and utterly new to root 'n romin'. before i try this lovely method, should i have the latest updates on my replenish? or is it safe to do a complete hardware reset on my phone? i have all my pics and messages and other stuff all backed up already, and in fact, backing up isn't much of an issue for me. Just curious as to what the state of the phone should be before applying this rom. thank you kindly ;)

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Once you flash the ROM in CWM, your phone will be on 2.3.6 Build EK18, no matter what version you came from. It doesn't matter what state the phone is in, as long as you have CWM installed, and you backup everything you want to carry over. Pics would be saved because they're saved to the SD Card, messages would need to be backed up.

foxyposhy

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
thank you so much! and you know what, i just came across another forum where it said that phoenix deodexed won't work with boost...is this true?

foxyposhy

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
oh well... i've already gone ahead and done the first part of dmrlook's 2-click kernel root option. i guess i could still try this if i get too frustrated with it lol

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend installing PhoeniX on your phone, just for the fact that you can use /data2ext with it, and the performance tweaks and ext4 file system improve performance dramatically.

foxyposhy

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend installing PhoeniX on your phone, just for the fact that you can use /data2ext with it, and the performance tweaks and ext4 file system improve performance dramatically.

Yes! Apparently I'm smarter than I thought bc I did exactly that! So glad i finally have a rooted phone! I am going to try deodexed next if I can figure out. All I need now is to try and figure out the nand backup thing. I'm kinda confused about it, and I tried nandroid but it seemed to not recognize...something on my sd? Idk but I am fully rooted now and rom is working great!

Thank you for the suggestion and helpful advice :)

--Sent from my freshly rooted samsung replenish using the phoenix 0.2 rom!

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If you really want to, installing the deodexed version is simple as putting it on your SD card and flashing it in CWM. I'd actually recommend against this; Odexed ROMs are a bit smoother than their deodexed counterparts, and there are no themes available for the Replenish, so deodexing kind of has no point. But I won't discourage anyone from using it, I ran it on my Replenish and it worked fine..

The next thing I would suggest is to make sure you have an SD card that's at least 4GB and Class 6 or 10, partition it, and install the /data2ext kernel that firehak made. That way you won't have to deal with the Replenish's pitiful amount of internal space. One day we might see /data2ext combined with dmrlook's kernel, which allows us to use different CPU governors and overclocking.