Phone says it's charging when it's not plugged in.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
So I don't know how it happened, but after unplugging my phone from my computer, it thinks it's charging all the time, even when unplugged. I've tried everything to fix it, clearing battery stats with CWM, a complete nanroid restore, swapping batteries, you name it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what could be causing it? Between the bugs and the pathetic battery life, I'm rapidly approaching my wits end with this phone.

man or astroman

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had a similar issue, my 1 yr old son grabbed the phone and put the end with the usb port in his mouth. Must have crossed the streams somehow... It took S days but it got better all by itself.

darienjh

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
My friends cat spilled Apple juice on my replenish, and it started doing that. It wouldnt turn on for 6 hours, and i couldnt charge it. After that it wouldnt stop saying it was charging when it wasnt, It kept making the noise, and the vibrate. I let my phone sit there for 3 hours and it stopped by itself. After that the battery got stuck at 100% when it was at like 50%.. I let it sit and it fixed that. Only problem Im having now is when i drop my phone, the battery falls out( chipped the cover) and My phone goes to 1% after being powered back on and it slowly regains its power to what it was. Only way to fix it is to plug it into the charger let it charge for about 10 minutes, turn it on and then unplug it. These could happen to your phone :O so just telling you what you should do.

holyjoe722

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My son's phone and mine both did that. Turned out to be a bad wire on connecting the port to the motherboard. Required a new phone. Local reseller (non-Sprint-owned store) did the swap for $35. Mine was rooted - no questions asked.

Unpluggedjack

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note
I've had same problem as reported by many others with phone displaying charge icon when not plugged in. I've tried all the recommended solutions. Here's what I've found:

1. Not related to JellyBean update (it happened just after I updated but turns out to be coincidence)
2. Factory reset or flashing doesn't help (it's a hardware problem)
3. Clean out the USB port (there's all kinds of fluff, dirt, lost keys, foreign coins etc in there!) - don't use soapy water for this...
4. Bend the pins (gently) so that they are located in the centre of the port.

In my case it's the charging cradle I was using that was damaging the port. I'm using a flip-case on my phone which means the phone doesn't fit in the cradle properly and I was having to force it to sit on the connector. The pins had become bent and were shorting out against the edge of the port.

rocking77

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My phone does the samething how long did it take to discharge ive let it die but id plug it in after an it would do the same thing... over an when i turn it off it restarts itself

connie rosario

Jul 20, 2019
Visit site
So I don't know how it happened, but after unplugging my phone from my computer, it thinks it's charging all the time, even when unplugged. I've tried everything to fix it, clearing battery stats with CWM, a complete nanroid restore, swapping batteries, you name it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what could be causing it? Between the bugs and the pathetic battery life, I'm rapidly approaching my wits end with this phone.

Exact same thing happened to me which is why I came to this forum. I solved the problem with the age old cure. I restarted the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs