Need Gingerbread Update!!

Shmooey

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok so me and my sister both have the same phone (replenish) except hers is running gingerbread and mines still running froyo. I have no idea what to do to update it sooo any help/solutions would be greatly appreciated :D

Shmooey

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh and I also tried to download the file that firehak or whatever his name was had but the link just led to a page with a bunch of ad's

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with my Replenish ! I got it replaced, and it NEVER got ANY of the updates. Still on the software that came with RELEASE! :\ Tried to do all the updates, even downloaded the .zip file (Im not rooted and dont wanna root :\) Kies DOSNT allow the Replenish to be synced and I have already talked to Samsung MULTIPLE times and they wont even ask someone if they could possibly give a suggestion to get it on Kies! (They dont have contact so I talked to multple representivitves and they didnt help. Repeated the same thing and I just went off on them and hung up .. -_-

rferrara

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
anybody have any luck with finding EK18 to download?? My wife and kids just got replenishes and they are all running the rom it was released with and none of them will update. I have been searching the web for 2 days trying to find the .zip file and no luck, firehak seems to be gone

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I cant find anything, my phones getting slower and slower when its sitting on original FROYO rom. And the notification light bothers me so much. I might take my phone to the Sprint store and having them push the update. (it would have to work since the carrier pushes the updates to all our phones) Maybe since they took the phones out of the stores already, and are already adding it to Pre Owned (Replenish's are already at our end of life.. And its been alittle over a year.. The Samsung Transform took nearly 3 years to end its life!) They are done with updates. I already knew the Replenish wasnt gonna last long with such low reviews. Sprint hardly ever keeps phones with BARELY 3 stars.

man or astroman

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
DISCLAIMER...
This will erase everything on your phone.
You may brick your phone. However, I have done this stuff tons of times and have not had any issues...

1st thing you need is the drivers for your computer, I am sure you can find them in one of these threads...
Install the drivers.
Download all the files from dropbox.
Open odin
Make sure one package is checked.
Click the OPS button and chose the .ops file you downloaded.
Click One Package and choose the CWM file.
Now put your phone into download mode... Power off the phone. Then hold space + p while powering on. The phone should say "downloading..." in yellow..
Connect to the phone to your computer via USB. FYI the phone will not enter download mode with USB connected...
One of the boxes in odin should turn yellow.
Click Start in odin.
Quickly press and hold "U" on phone keyboard.
It should reboot into clockwork mod recovery.
Use CWM to make a backup, this way if anything should go wrong you can get back to where you started.
Then from the CWM menu - reboot.

Ok, now that you have a backup, do the process again, but put the EK18.tar file in the one package section instead of CWM, hit start then just let it work its magic (don't hold down "u") it will reboot (it may take a few minutes, just be patient) and you should have it.
Edit: FYI EK18 is for SPRINT

Last edited:

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Side note. Easy recovery (download) mode:
Pull battery.
Put bat back in.
Plug usb in pc and not phone yet.
Hold U (space+P) while pluging usb into phone.

You will see the battery load as if to charge for a sec, then android for recovery (triangle for downlaod)....

Bam!
Recovery. (Download) mode.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

swtnss

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
DISCLAIMER...
This will erase everything on your phone.
You may brick your phone. However, I have done this stuff tons of times and have not had any issues...

1st thing you need is the drivers for your computer, I am sure you can find them in one of these threads...
Install the drivers.
Download all the files from dropbox.
Open odin
Make sure one package is checked.
Click the OPS button and chose the .ops file you downloaded.
Click One Package and choose the CWM file.
Now put your phone into download mode... Power off the phone. Then hold space + p while powering on. The phone should say "downloading..." in yellow..
Connect to the phone to your computer via USB. FYI the phone will not enter download mode with USB connected...
One of the boxes in odin should turn yellow.
Click Start in odin.
Quickly press and hold "U" on phone keyboard.
It should reboot into clockwork mod recovery.
Use CWM to make a backup, this way if anything should go wrong you can get back to where you started.
Then from the CWM menu - reboot.

Ok, now that you have a backup, do the process again, but put the EK18.tar file in the one package section instead of CWM, hit start then just let it work its magic (don't hold down "u") it will reboot (it may take a few minutes, just be patient) and you should have it.
Edit: FYI EK18 is for SPRINT

do they have one for boost mobile. samsung replenish

ohsnapitzramo

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
you are awesome. I've been looking for this for a while (like 2 hours) all around the internet. All links I've came up on were dead except this one....

Thank You!