BadDroidBoy Kernel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping someone here will test this kernel for me, my brothers replenish had such LOW internel storage that i thought i might help him out now he is using a 1 gig partition on his sdcard mounted as /sd-ext and has lots of internal storage

THIS IS NOT FOR USE ON STOCK ROM!

Thanks to Dmrlook Firehak and everyone else that has a hand in making kernels, my next step will be to push the cpu to 900mhz with Overclocking built right into the kernel...

for now this is stock 600mhz ext4 mounting, with /sd-ext support...

this is installed via CWM

Last edited:

ironmask

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Nice :D

I will try this on my room mate's replenish soon.. I am hoping to see more development for his phone from you guys... it doesn't seem to be a bad phone for android blackberry mixture breed :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Do u have a script to flash a rom over this kernel so I can theme?

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

what kind of script are you talking about, a update-script for cwm so install a custom rom?
do you need it to mount the partitions /system /data /cache I really do need more Information on this to see what i can whip up

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
We have cwm5 right? Wouldn't it need to be an edify updater-script?
I've tried numerous times with various rom kitchens to get on that rw /system.
I don't need one for /data or /cache since they will write new ones on boot.

I just wanna deodex (and theme) and debloat.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is with ext4 so maybe I can use your bootimg with phoenixs scripts? Since phoenix kernel is for ext4 formatting?

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is with ext4 so maybe I can use your bootimg with phoenixs scripts? Since phoenix kernel is for ext4 formatting?

yes it works with Phoenix on my Bros phone atleast...

i did change out the frameworks in that rom for the stock ones on FB03 that i deodexed and it runs really good should make it easy to theme it out anyway if he wants to do that with his phone.

Reactions: ciscogee

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
FYI - the processor on this phone should not be pushed to 900 mHz. Everything I've read says it will burn out the CPU. That is why I limited my kernel where I did. So just beware if you do allow 900 mHz that is may break your phone.

Reactions: ciscogee
Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
FYI - the processor on this phone should not be pushed to 900 mHz. Everything I've read says it will burn out the CPU. That is why I limited my kernel where I did. So just beware if you do allow 900 mHz that is may break your phone.

its an armv6 if i am not mistaken... runs msm config? 7x27 same processor set as the prevail and precedent?

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is a 7227 running at 600MHz. I believe the prevail uses a 7627 at 800MHz

ok then gsmarena has the wrong specs on the replenish they report the cpu as being a
Chipset Qualcomm MSM7627-2
CPU 600 MHz

and the prevail as

Chipset Qualcomm MSM7627-3
CPU 800 MHz

i pulled the data sheets on both processors and they are almost identical and since the prevail/precedent will run 988mhz stable (my precedent (a rebranded prevail) is running at 988mhz) i do not see why the replenish is not capable of 900mhz and still be stable.

more info on the processor can be found here
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a7627&c=qualcomm_msm7627

Last edited:

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I seee OP was updated with "WILL NOT WORK WITH STOCK ROM". That explains my bootloops.

Now is phoenix the only rom thaat this kernel works with?
So we would have to flash phoenix rom to format exts and then flash your bootimg before reboot?

I'm looking more for clarification because is there a way back to .rfs file system after thie ext formats?

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking more for clarification because is there a way back to .rfs file system after thie ext formats?

I tried to flash phoenix rom but it wouldn't boot, so I'm not sure if I was on ext or not, but I restored a backup in CWM just fine.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried to flash phoenix rom but it wouldn't boot, so I'm not sure if I was on ext or not, but I restored a backup in CWM just fine.

What kernel were u on when u flashed phoenix. 4ext has to be in the kernel so since phoenix didn't boot you weren't really on 4Ext to my knowledge.

Currently waiting anxiously for my ohone to charge and start flashing to get some deodexed rom to boot from my current build.

UPDATE:
i successfully booted phoenix rom with this kernel.
flash phoenix.zip
then flash
baddroidboy kernel
reboot

since this boots phoenix roms scripts im gonna be "chefn-Up" a boost rom. :)

thanks again.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
i was over on area51 this morning checking for an update to the Rom on my Precedent and seen they released a deodexed rom for the Boost Replenish.. its on ext4 and said something about using parts of the PhoeniX installer so it should work with my kernel also you might want to check it out...

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i was over on area51 this morning checking for an update to the Rom on my Precedent and seen they released a deodexed rom for the Boost Replenish.. its on ext4 and said something about using parts of the PhoeniX installer so it should work with my kernel also you might want to check it out...

Yeah I seen that. What did u use to compile kernel?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
How exactly did you flash it? Did you wipe /system or /data first? I tried with this kernel and dmrlook's kernel for phoenix and neither would work.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Flash phoenix.zip in cwm (thst will wipe/format)
Then flash either dmrlooks kernel(not his newest one-its apage back or so in thread) or baddroidboys kernel.zip
Reboot

If u want ext4 or sda-ext you have to mount and format sd card first

But it should boot.

As soon as I have time ill release an uptodate rom so upgrade isn't bugging us etc.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If I already have CWM, do i just flash it there, or do i have to follow the instructions from step 1 (using odin)