Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BadDroidBoy0273's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

    Default BadDroidBoy Kernel

    I am hoping someone here will test this kernel for me, my brothers replenish had such LOW internel storage that i thought i might help him out now he is using a 1 gig partition on his sdcard mounted as /sd-ext and has lots of internal storage

    THIS IS NOT FOR USE ON STOCK ROM!



    Thanks to Dmrlook Firehak and everyone else that has a hand in making kernels, my next step will be to push the cpu to 900mhz with Overclocking built right into the kernel...

    for now this is stock 600mhz ext4 mounting, with /sd-ext support...

    this is installed via CWM
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #2  

    Default

    Nice

    I will try this on my room mate's replenish soon.. I am hoping to see more development for his phone from you guys... it doesn't seem to be a bad phone for android blackberry mixture breed

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    Do u have a script to flash a rom over this kernel so I can theme?

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    BadDroidBoy0273's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by ciscogee View Post
    Do u have a script to flash a rom over this kernel so I can theme?

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    what kind of script are you talking about, a update-script for cwm so install a custom rom?
    do you need it to mount the partitions /system /data /cache I really do need more Information on this to see what i can whip up
  5. #5  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    We have cwm5 right? Wouldn't it need to be an edify updater-script?
    I've tried numerous times with various rom kitchens to get on that rw /system.
    I don't need one for /data or /cache since they will write new ones on boot.

    I just wanna deodex (and theme) and debloat.

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    This is with ext4 so maybe I can use your bootimg with phoenixs scripts? Since phoenix kernel is for ext4 formatting?

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    BadDroidBoy0273's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by ciscogee View Post
    This is with ext4 so maybe I can use your bootimg with phoenixs scripts? Since phoenix kernel is for ext4 formatting?

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    yes it works with Phoenix on my Bros phone atleast...

    i did change out the frameworks in that rom for the stock ones on FB03 that i deodexed and it runs really good should make it easy to theme it out anyway if he wants to do that with his phone.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    FYI - the processor on this phone should not be pushed to 900 mHz. Everything I've read says it will burn out the CPU. That is why I limited my kernel where I did. So just beware if you do allow 900 mHz that is may break your phone.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    BadDroidBoy0273's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by dmrlook View Post
    FYI - the processor on this phone should not be pushed to 900 mHz. Everything I've read says it will burn out the CPU. That is why I limited my kernel where I did. So just beware if you do allow 900 mHz that is may break your phone.
    its an armv6 if i am not mistaken... runs msm config? 7x27 same processor set as the prevail and precedent?
  10. #10  
    34
    34 is offline
    34's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by BadDroidBoy0273 View Post
    its an armv6 if i am not mistaken... runs msm config? 7x27 same processor set as the prevail and precedent?
    This is a 7227 running at 600MHz. I believe the prevail uses a 7627 at 800MHz
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    BadDroidBoy0273's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    This is a 7227 running at 600MHz. I believe the prevail uses a 7627 at 800MHz

    ok then gsmarena has the wrong specs on the replenish they report the cpu as being a
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM7627-2
    CPU 600 MHz

    and the prevail as

    Chipset Qualcomm MSM7627-3
    CPU 800 MHz

    i pulled the data sheets on both processors and they are almost identical and since the prevail/precedent will run 988mhz stable (my precedent (a rebranded prevail) is running at 988mhz) i do not see why the replenish is not capable of 900mhz and still be stable.

    more info on the processor can be found here
    http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=...alcomm_msm7627
  12. #12  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    Ok I seee OP was updated with "WILL NOT WORK WITH STOCK ROM". That explains my bootloops.

    Now is phoenix the only rom thaat this kernel works with?
    So we would have to flash phoenix rom to format exts and then flash your bootimg before reboot?

    I'm looking more for clarification because is there a way back to .rfs file system after thie ext formats?

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  
    34
    34 is offline
    34's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by ciscogee View Post
    I'm looking more for clarification because is there a way back to .rfs file system after thie ext formats?

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    I tried to flash phoenix rom but it wouldn't boot, so I'm not sure if I was on ext or not, but I restored a backup in CWM just fine.
  14. #14  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    I tried to flash phoenix rom but it wouldn't boot, so I'm not sure if I was on ext or not, but I restored a backup in CWM just fine.
    What kernel were u on when u flashed phoenix. 4ext has to be in the kernel so since phoenix didn't boot you weren't really on 4Ext to my knowledge.

    Currently waiting anxiously for my ohone to charge and start flashing to get some deodexed rom to boot from my current build.

    Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

    UPDATE:
    i successfully booted phoenix rom with this kernel.
    flash phoenix.zip
    then flash
    baddroidboy kernel
    reboot

    since this boots phoenix roms scripts im gonna be "chefn-Up" a boost rom.

    thanks again.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    BadDroidBoy0273's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    i was over on area51 this morning checking for an update to the Rom on my Precedent and seen they released a deodexed rom for the Boost Replenish.. its on ext4 and said something about using parts of the PhoeniX installer so it should work with my kernel also you might want to check it out...
  16. #16  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadDroidBoy0273 View Post
    i was over on area51 this morning checking for an update to the Rom on my Precedent and seen they released a deodexed rom for the Boost Replenish.. its on ext4 and said something about using parts of the PhoeniX installer so it should work with my kernel also you might want to check it out...
    Yeah I seen that. What did u use to compile kernel?

    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  
    34
    34 is offline
    34's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    How exactly did you flash it? Did you wipe /system or /data first? I tried with this kernel and dmrlook's kernel for phoenix and neither would work.
  18. #18  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    Flash phoenix.zip in cwm (thst will wipe/format)
    Then flash either dmrlooks kernel(not his newest one-its apage back or so in thread) or baddroidboys kernel.zip
    Reboot

    If u want ext4 or sda-ext you have to mount and format sd card first

    But it should boot.

    As soon as I have time ill release an uptodate rom so upgrade isn't bugging us etc.

    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  
    34
    34 is offline
    34's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    If I already have CWM, do i just flash it there, or do i have to follow the instructions from step 1 (using odin)
  20. #20  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    If I already have CWM, do i just flash it there, or do i have to follow the instructions from step 1 (using odin)
    Flash in cwm

    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    BadDroidBoy0273's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by ciscogee View Post
    Yeah I seen that. What did u use to compile kernel?

    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

    i have kernel source for both boost and sprint versions of the Replenish
  22. #22  
    ciscogee's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadDroidBoy0273 View Post
    i have kernel source for both boost and sprint versions of the Replenish
    So do I, but your kernel didn't come from those sources did it?
    Cause it unpacked/repack stock kernel not custom built from source?

    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #23  

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Correct cicsogee - this is not a custom kernel - this is the kernel build by samsung. It was not build by badboy. As proof, for those of you running this kernel, assuming you have root permissions, shell into the device wtih adb (command adb shell), then when logged in, do the following:
    1. su
    2. cat /proc/version
    You will notice that the version states the following:
    "Linux version 2.6.35.7 (se.infa@SEI-46) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMT 1"

    se.info@SEI-46 is the user name and computer name of a samsung build machine. "se" stands for samsung electronics. Just do a google search for "@SEI" and you will see other posts referring to stock samsung kernels with @SEI in the version info.

    I'm not sure why baddroidboy would pass a samsung kernel off as his own, however I would be wary of using anything he is promoting.

    For those of you who have seen my name around here, you will see that I have provided a custom kernel for the replenish. There are links on this forum to how to install it. If you do install it, and run cat /proc/version, you will see that the computer name is not SEI (it is in fact kitchen, which is the name of my computer that sits in my kitchen). I provide my kernel here not for money or donations, but because it is a hobby and my wife and I both have the replenish and I wanted longer battery life. So please don't take my post here as me trying to promote my kernel for self gain. I'm just letting you all know it appears baddroidboy is promoting something as his own that he did not in fact create, mostly as a way to drive traffic to the area51 website I suspect. And I imagine solicit for donations.

    My two cents :-)
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  
    Shabbypenguin's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    343 Posts

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by BadDroidBoy0273 View Post
    ok then gsmarena has the wrong specs on the replenish they report the cpu as being a
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM7627-2
    CPU 600 MHz

    and the prevail as

    Chipset Qualcomm MSM7627-3
    CPU 800 MHz

    i pulled the data sheets on both processors and they are almost identical and since the prevail/precedent will run 988mhz stable (my precedent (a rebranded prevail) is running at 988mhz) i do not see why the replenish is not capable of 900mhz and still be stable.

    more info on the processor can be found here
    Qualcomm MSM7627 Application Processor with Modem Datasheet | CPUlist | PDAdb.net
    actually a bit different. the 72xx series is for gsm, the msm76xx series is its cdma brethern. the msm7627 is what is in the replenish/optimus s/c/v/etc the msm7627t is what powers the prevail/admire/precedanct/vitality/repp

    and id highly reccomend against trying for 1ghz.. had several admires sizzle and pop...
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    If I've helped you then please buy me a beer
  25. #25  
    rodya234's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    ROM
    Rasbeanjelly/Trinity

    Default Re: BadDroidBoy Kernel

    Quote Originally Posted by dmrlook View Post
    Correct cicsogee - this is not a custom kernel - this is the kernel build by samsung. It was not build by badboy. As proof, for those of you running this kernel, assuming you have root permissions, shell into the device wtih adb (command adb shell), then when logged in, do the following:
    1. su
    2. cat /proc/version
    You will notice that the version states the following:
    "Linux version 2.6.35.7 (se.infa@SEI-46) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMT 1"

    se.info@SEI-46 is the user name and computer name of a samsung build machine. "se" stands for samsung electronics. Just do a google search for "@SEI" and you will see other posts referring to stock samsung kernels with @SEI in the version info.

    I'm not sure why baddroidboy would pass a samsung kernel off as his own, however I would be wary of using anything he is promoting.

    For those of you who have seen my name around here, you will see that I have provided a custom kernel for the replenish. There are links on this forum to how to install it. If you do install it, and run cat /proc/version, you will see that the computer name is not SEI (it is in fact kitchen, which is the name of my computer that sits in my kitchen). I provide my kernel here not for money or donations, but because it is a hobby and my wife and I both have the replenish and I wanted longer battery life. So please don't take my post here as me trying to promote my kernel for self gain. I'm just letting you all know it appears baddroidboy is promoting something as his own that he did not in fact create, mostly as a way to drive traffic to the area51 website I suspect. And I imagine solicit for donations.

    My two cents :-)

    dmrlook -

    BadDroidBoy's kernel adds the data2ext (provided you have an SD card partition prior to installing the kernal) support which firehak revealed he could do, but never released. Below is a screenshot from my own phone which shows the increase in internal storage. Other than the data2ext however, the kernel is identical to the stock one.

    If you two could come up with an agreement to add his data2ext support to your kernel, I believe it would resolve the biggest issues that most people have with the Replenish (storage, performance, and battery life).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BadDroidBoy Kernel-screen_20120724_1735_2.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions