can't OTA update with CWM installed

sykl0ps

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got CWM installed and I want to update my replenish.

I installed CWM awhile ago for trying out things and I got my phone rooted and tried out beta roms. Anyhow, I'm basically on stock EK03 but the OTA FB03 update will not install with CWM there. It just errors out, I reboot, no big deal.

FB03 didn't really matter to me, but with drmlook's custom kernel available and his post saying that it needed to be on FB03, now I want to make it happen.

So what do I need to do to get to FB03 or to get the OTA update to install?

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: OTA update with CWM installed

I've got CWM installed and I want to update my replenish.

I installed CWM awhile ago for trying out things and I got my phone rooted and tried out beta roms. Anyhow, I'm basically on stock EK03 but the OTA FB03 update will not install with CWM there. It just errors out, I reboot, no big deal.

FB03 didn't really matter to me, but with drmlook's custom kernel available and his post saying that it needed to be on FB03, now I want to make it happen.

So what do I need to do to get to FB03 or to get the OTA update to install?

Thanks

If it will update without messing up the phone I would take the update.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Can't you just boot into CWM and then run "install update.zip"?

Before you do that, you might want to do the community a favor and post the update.zip (or at least save it) in case anyone needs a stock FBO3 zip later.

Reactions: pdx1911

sykl0ps

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site

It just errors out when I try to install the update, either by pressing the install update button and letting the phone reboot and attempt the update, or by booting into CWM and telling it to use the update.zip that the phone downloaded.

I'm not sure but I think the update crashes because it needs whatever was there that I replaced with CWM.

So I guess what I need to to somehow get back to what was there, then I can do the OTA update, then put CWM back.

Any ideas? Am I wrong?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the FB03 update does - if it patches the kernel, then by installing my kernel you are getting that basically anyway. You always have the option of CWM backing up and trying my kernel - if it does no work, then just restore.

sykl0ps

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
alright, I'll give it a try then. Your post on the custom kernel had a very clear "do not use if not latest version" message, so I thought you already knew it wouldn't work. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC