Sprint FA19 stock and rooted backups

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The stock backup was created from a factory stock Sprint Replenish running FA19.

Stock FA19:
fa19-stock.zip

Both rooted backups were modified from the stock backup above.

Rooted FA19:
(Version #3)
v3-fa19-rooted.zip

Rooted FA19 (with permanent CWM recovery):
(Version #3)
v3-fa19-rooted-perm-recovery.zip

Included in the rooted backups:
  • dmrlook's kernel
  • Zeam Launcher (with custom settings)
  • Up-to-date SuperSU, su, and busybox (as of 8/26/2012)
Removed from the rooted backups:
  • SprintID
  • SprintZone
  • LMIRescue
  • SmartDeviceManager
  • MyFiles
  • ThinkFree
  • Launcher2

Change-Log:
  • Version #3 (8/26/2012)
    • replaced Superuser with SuperSU
  • Version #2
    • replaced stock launcher with Zeam Launcher

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All three of these backups are nandroid backups from CWM recovery. You will need CWM recovery in order to restore them onto your phone. I also have the files for getting that on your phone below.

CWM recovery + Odin:
CWM5.zip

Samsung Replenish Drivers:
Replenish Drivers.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Restore these backups:
  1. Create the following directory tree on your sd-card.
    clockworkmod -> backup
  2. Un-zip the backup into the backup directory
  3. Boot into CWM recovery (hold 'U' while booting)
  4. Select 'backup & retore' and then 'restore'
  5. Select the backup you want to restore

Last edited:

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
If for the two rooted backups I replaced the stock launcher with a different one does anybody have prefference as to which one I use?

Personally I prefer Zeam Launcher, it is very lightwieght and works/looks great.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Bickelk09: I missed the rooted FA19s when they were up. Would you mind putting them back up at least for a while-- especially the CWM version?

Would these be a good (perhaps better) alternative to Phoenix 0.2?

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Bickelk09: I missed the rooted FA19s when they were up. Would you mind putting them back up at least for a while-- especially the CWM version?

Would these be a good (perhaps better) alternative to Phoenix 0.2?

Both rooted files are back up for you.

As for wheather or not it is better than Phoenix 0.2 that is subjective.
Phoenix should be a bit faster because it runs on ext4 partitons (prolly not that noticable though)
My root backups are from a pure stock base so a little more reliable.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Got 'em. Thanks!!!

The biggest problem that I have (well actually my mom has) with the Replenish is running out of memory (I assume that's RAM not ROM) and then getting the dreaded "Low on storage space" issue. Any advantage on your rooted ROMs over Phoenix 0.2?

Any performance advantage of FA19 modem over EK18?

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Got 'em. Thanks!!!

The biggest problem that I have (well actually my mom has) with the Replenish is running out of memory (I assume that's RAM not ROM) and then getting the dreaded "Low on storage space" issue. Any advantage on your rooted ROMs over Phoenix 0.2?

Any performance advantage of FA19 modem over EK18?

FA19 has no speed advantage over EK18. They run the same kernel, FA19 was just a few bug fixes. As far as space available Phoenix 0.2 should be about the same. I don't think that it has the sdcard mounted as data either so no real difference.

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to have stock rooted kernel?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I do not have a stock rooted kernel. However these rooted backups contain dmrlook's kernel, which if I understand dmrlook correctly basically is stock rooted. I think all he changed was the boot splash-screen, added the SmartAssV2 governor, and of course rooted it. So it pretty much is just a rooted stock kernel.

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I am uploading version #3 of the rooted backups right now. The only change is that I replaced Superuser with SuperSU. I find SuperSU to be more stable and has more features.

poodah

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
im trying to use your rooted backups but both of them come up as either corrupted or there is an unexpected end of archive. Is this a problem on my end or is it the files?

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
im trying to use your rooted backups but both of them come up as either corrupted or there is an unexpected end of archive. Is this a problem on my end or is it the files?

I'm not sure why but my server seems to be ending the downloads before you get the full file which is why you are getting those errors. I'm currently transferring the files to my Google Drive account and will put the links up when it is ready.

The files are now up on my Google Drive and the links in the main post have been updated. So try downloading it again and let me know how it goes.

Last edited:

bickelk09

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I replaced the stock launcher on the rooted ones because it had a link for SprintID built in which I also removed. I do not have a copy with the stock launcher but I guess I could make one. Do you really need it, is Zeam not working?

stillzy

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Na I actually worked around it downloaded another ginger launcher and removed the sprint "stock one".

I actually like this phone ( i like stock gb ) its a good play phone. I wish i had an old backup of froyo to throw on just for kicks.

But thanks man for the backups always good to have spare backups kickin around in case mine disappear.

-Stillzy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith