- 8 Posts
[How-To] Installing CWM 126.96.36.199
Okay so i keep reading how people are having trouble installing cwm and then have to dig through the forum to find odin and the installation instructions so i figured i would post them here to help people out
1. Download CWM 188.8.131.52 here -
2. Download and unzip the Odin and the ops file at the bottom of this post
3. Download the drivers for your phone here and install them
4. Open odin and select "one package" from the options on the left side then put the ops file where it says "ops" and put the recovery where it says "one package"
5. Put your phone in download mode by holding "Space + P + Power" until it says "downloading" and plug it into your computer.
6. Let your computer install the drivers and wait till odin detects your phone and then push start
7. IMPORTANT: Make sure to hold the "u" key as soon as you press start. It should finish in a few seconds and then reboot. do not let go of the "u" key until it is in the recovery.
8. You now have a temporary CWM install. The only way to make it permanent is to flash a custom kernel like the one in the Sprint/Boost two-click root with custom kernel.
Last edited by deke2010; 03-19-2013 at 04:55 AM.
- 09-05-2012, 11:37 PM #2
- 09-15-2012, 09:40 AM #3
- 09-23-2012, 11:27 AM #4
- 06-08-2013, 10:38 AM #5