I'm about to throw this phone at the wall

fsatatkid

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So I bought this phone yesterday off of craigslist, and I'm actually pretty impressed with it. But there's one major problem.

The phone didn't come with the charger, so I bought a regular wall outlet charger and a usb connector for my computer. I have done EVERYTHING I can think of and my phone still won't connect to my computer.

I followed the FAQ at Samsung's website, I installed and reinstalled the drivers for the computer, I've got mass storage turned on, I've got USB debugging turned off, I've tried a soft reset of both the computer and the phone and still nothing.

When I plug the phone into the computer, the phone will charge, but I get a message from my computer that it doesn't recognize the device and there are no drivers installed. I can see the drivers for under program files so I know they're there....but nothing.

I'm not getting the USB connected icon on my notifications like I should either. I tried Samsung costumer support and they basically had me do everything I had already done, and then when that didn't work told me that they didn't know how to help me.

Does ANYONE have any idea how I can remedy this problem?

fsatatkid

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
It might be worth mentioning too, that when I bought the phone I had it restored to factory defaults, so it should be just like an out of the box phone.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This might seem simple, but if you haven't already, try a different USB port on the computer. On one of my older machines one of the front side ports has the same issue you're describing, but the other does not.

Does the phone charge alright on AC?

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This happend to me when I first got mine last year. I had to mess around with the settings on my laptop , then it finally connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC