Text message memory full - CAN'T SEND

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
New problem just popped up. I'm getting this "Text message memory full" but I already deleted all my threads. Rebooted and no change.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this so I can go back to normal?

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You're phones internal memory is full. Try deleting some apps (facebook, twitter) and use the phone's web browser to replace apps if you can. Also, try deleting caches from some apps.

Reactions: 1999ws9

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am as a matter of fact. I just thought that was app space only. I didn't know it would effect messaging too.

I used to like this phone but the whole memory thing is ticking me off. I have a smart phone with a 32gb card that is out of memory. :mad:

I wish someone would do a DEFINITIVE write up on how to unlock the phone without and add a task manager. I know there are a lot of threads out there on the subject but I haven't read one yet that someone didn't have a hiccup during and brick there phone. :'(

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
You're phones internal memory is full. Try deleting some apps (facebook, twitter) and use the phone's web browser to replace apps if you can. Also, try deleting caches from some apps.

BTW. That fixed it. I appreciate your help. I now have two apps on my phone. One for the BT keyboard and one for my BT earpiece. :eek:

Everything else is off. :(

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If you're running firehak's Phoenix ROM and use his data2ext instructions, you can partition your SD card to act as the phone's internal memory, granting you much more space. I have over 30 apps installed (big ones) and I still have over 650mb of internal remaining (partition size is 1024mb). You're going to have bricks sometimes no matter what, but if you follow the instructions you'll be fine.

Kelly Ceccato

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I know the post is old but this sounds like a good idea. I've got the same problem. My phone says the memory is full even if I got 2apps.
I'm not familiar with Firehak's Phoenix ROM though, how do I get that running? Where can I get it? I'm sorry if it sounds dumb and I'd greatly appreciate if you take the time to explain it to me.
*sorry for bad english, it's not my mother tongue.

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
There's more than a few posts on the Phoenix ROM so just search around and you'll find them. I'm not savvy enough to do that myself so I just started out by deleting a few of the apps that I could. Then moved over to the SD card the ones that I could through "Manage Apps". When that ran out I had the phone rooted and installed Link2SD. That did the most good. I still hit the limit once in awhile due to Gmail but that can be cleared out. I have about 10 extra apps of the ones I MUST have and that's good enough for me for now. At least until I move on to another phone. Good luck. :)

chuckmva

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I have searched all links obtained via googling the problem of low memory. Finally I went to the LG site and searched and found the following link LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA Which gave straight forward instructions to move apps to the SD card and to delete caches etc. I cleared up the low memory problem for now. I recently began to use phone on trips for playing MP3 audio books and That maybe a driver of the issue for me. I will look into getting larger memory. Hope this helps others, its a frustrating issue.....especially all the texts telling me that I cannot receive an incoming text because I have no memory.......bleeep bleeep Chuck

tristan gummow

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
People like you ruined the cell phone, 30 Apps you needed? Damn apple wanna be go give Steve a blow Jobs Newsflash a phone is for making calls not checking Facebook or Twitter or playing Minecraft Im a ****** edition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969