Rooting the replenish for dummies?

Creniker

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
HI. I've read over the sticky for rooting the replenish, and I'm having some troubling following it. I don't know how to describe why I don't get it, I just don't. I am new to android devices, but I would like to be able to use my replenish as a wifi hotspot, and I see that the only way to do this is by rooting. Can someone help walk me through this? Its a boost mobile one if that makes a difference.

hideoutreg

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if you ever got your Boost Samsung Replenish rooted. I have the same phone and also have read, re-read and read again numerous instructions and am not completely understanding the process. I need complete instructions from A to Z because it seems most do not include detailed instructions i.e. needing android sdk etc.....Need help urgently because I am about ready to pull my hair out.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...print-boost-two-click-root-custom-kernel.html
this and anything to do with modding your devices REQUIRES SDK (adb) etc... google "adb for dummies" there is a great picture guide there.
complete instructions can be found on pretty much any forum, you just have to search and read.

what you want:
rooted? -requires sdk
deodexed/themed rom? -requires root
all in all the basic necessity is SDK.
the replenish is a beginner android, yet intermediate on modding.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, if you want to root, then you should just follow the instructions for installing PhoenixROM, which includes root access & the Clockwork Mod v5 (CWM5) custom recovery. PhoenixROM 0.2 removes bloatware & implements the faster EXT4 file system, thereby improving performance over the stock ROM. Furthermore, you can install DMRLook's custom kernel onto PhoenixROM to gain additional performance improvement through overclocking. (I overclock to 748MHz, which is a 25% performance increase over the stock 600MHz CPU frequency.)

If you install PhoeniXROM, you should probably also follow my instructions at THIS LINK to prevent any nagging "update" messages from Sprint.

Even though PhoenixROM gives you more available internal memory, I think most people will still run out of memory anyway. Fortunately PhoenixROM implements the EXT4 file system which lets you implement Link2SD so that you can move your apps to your SD card and run them from there as though it were internal memory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19