help please, probably easy fix.

david5o2

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
i have adb shell working, but root checker app is saying i dont have root. earlier i typed su. do i need to undo super user or am i even in super user?

p.s. adb shell shows #. not $.

Last edited:

david5o2

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
dont worry about it dave this site sucks balls. i finally got root working. checked by rootchecker, using busybox and superuser. these people dont want to help you.......I GOT YOUR BACK!!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Glad your having a great time entertaining yourself.

It's unfortunate that someone didn't come along in the whole hour you were waiting since your original post to help but sometimes you have to wait a bit. This is especially true with a device like the replenish which isn't a very popular device and doesn't see a whole lot of activity in the forums.

This doesn't give you the right to make tasteless comments about Android Central or the members of this community for not immediately responding.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

david5o2

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
yes patients is a virtue i need to ascertain. i only seen 49 views with no comments, thought maybe a mod was one of the 49.... It was this site that i gained the resources to complete my little task, which was fun and a valuable practice at programming. So im thankful. if you could answer a question i'd be grateful! When i find a custom rom for my replenish and i install it, will it affect my root privileges? will i need to access root again?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No it shouldn't affect your root. Once you obtain root it doesn't disappear unless the ROM developer did something to remove root or the kernel associated with the ROM does something to it...

Normally only way to "unroot" is to restore to factory stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante