A Question about Porting

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I made a feeble attempt to port CM7 to the Replenish one time; you might want to work with the CM7 port for the Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy Prevail. The Replenish has a similar processor (Qualcomm MSM7627-2 for the Replenish, MSM7627-3 for the Prevail), similar dpi screen, and both operate on CDMA networks.

Good luck!

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
We would need the right ramdisk with current cm init modules etc.
If I were you I would at least start with dmrlooks ext4 kernel cause you can't port cm with a stock kernel.

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's what i was planning to use. The Galaxy Mini seems like the most similar phone to the Replenish (QVGA screen, MSM7227 processor), but it has a different radio, and I'm not sure if that would cause a problem.

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me with the updater-script? I tried porting it last night, but when I flashed it, the installation just aborted.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Used either phoenix roms zip(fa12 sprint) or badboydroids from arearom (fb03) it has a confederate flag as default bg but is easily changed.

Those are the only rom zips to flash full rom. Phoenix is og script, arearom is taken from phoenix but for boost.

Hope this helps

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I gave it a few more attempts today, but i still can't get it to flash. I don't think its the kernel. When i try to flash it in CWM, it only lasts for about a second and then I get the message "Installing update package. Installation aborted." Would I be able to push the system folder via ADB, just to see if it works?

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You could but any bad cmd can mess things up. Data has to be wiped in cwm. If its aborting, it may be the binary in the same folder as updaterscript, you would also have to know where its mounting and what filesystems, (init.rc) so u cam match kernel with rom (ext4 or rfs)
Or
Is ur zip signed?

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried again last night, after signing the .zip. This time it lasted about a second longer, but still aborted.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What rom are u trying to port?

what error is mentioned in cwm when aborted?

You pretty much would only be able to boot any gb stock rom, for cm you would need to repack/recompile kernel with workable initrams(ramdisk). Any custom work on rom would also have to be ported.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes possible, but you can't just copy and paste, you have to know how it works and what the difs are between stock and cm