- 1 Posts
Rooted phone but wifi tether wont work?
Hello, first let me say that I am fairly noob-ish when it comes to Androids...
Now that we've got that out of the way. I am having a bit of difficulty. I have rooted my phone using some method, im not even sure. And When I did the root checker thing it said it was rooted, and I have some rooted apps on my replenish that work just fine. That being said, when I try to run the wifi tether it says something about not having kernels? Then I started it anyways and it said started with errors, and still doesnt work. What is going on? :/ Im not sure what information you might need but this is was my system info is: Kernel Version: 188.8.131.52; Android Version: 2.3.6; Build Number: GINGERBREAD.FA19
Please help. Thanks in advance.
- 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM #2Android Powered Human
- 163 Posts
- Stock ROM / Rooted Kernel
Re: Rooted phone but wifi tether wont work?
What application are you using for the tethering? You can try using FoxFi or Barnacle. Those are the 2 that I've used with success. Sometimes it's not the phone, it's just the software.____________________________________________________________
If I've helped, feel free to hit that "THANKS" button. It will make my day!
- By soulgrnd in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
- By drew4392 in forum HTC EVO 3D Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 09-24-2011, 12:25 AM
- By Holysmoke in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 5Last Post: 06-28-2011, 10:52 AM
- By Youssef7 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
- By clabbin in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 7Last Post: 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM