Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted phone but wifi tether wont work?

Hello, first let me say that I am fairly noob-ish when it comes to Androids...

Now that we've got that out of the way. I am having a bit of difficulty. I have rooted my phone using some method, im not even sure. And When I did the root checker thing it said it was rooted, and I have some rooted apps on my replenish that work just fine. That being said, when I try to run the wifi tether it says something about not having kernels? Then I started it anyways and it said started with errors, and still doesnt work. What is going on? :/ Im not sure what information you might need but this is was my system info is: Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7; Android Version: 2.3.6; Build Number: GINGERBREAD.FA19

Please help. Thanks in advance.
    Android Powered Human

Carrier
    Stock ROM / Rooted Kernel

Default Re: Rooted phone but wifi tether wont work?

What application are you using for the tethering? You can try using FoxFi or Barnacle. Those are the 2 that I've used with success. Sometimes it's not the phone, it's just the software.
    BlahTacer likes this.