Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: How to increase performance & memory of your Replenish and make it a nice phone.

Micro USB is an industry standard. All micro-USB cables with micro-USB devices, including the Replenish.

But that has nothing to do with this thread, so you should post such questions on a new, separate thread.

Default Re: How to increase performance & memory of your Replenish and make it a nice phone.

Thanks! I had the smallest amount of trouble getting PhoeniX on my phone, but I'm really excited about all the extra space and performance improvements!

so... i got MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition. now how do i go about and create an ext4 & fat32. i made the ext4 first but it didn't even ask what size i wanted it to be. it just made it a 500mb. am i screwed in that i have to erase the ext4 after it's done formatting and make the fat32 first? or can i make another partition via minitool? or format the remaining 14.34gb in windows xp. and make sure it's primary in minitool afterwards. by the way i have a fast 16gb micro sd. forgot the class. cause i can't see it now. it's in the process of making the ext4...

edit: also does it matter if both partitions are not set as active?

nevermind: it's done, but one thing. i thought i'd have 600+mb of installing space shown on the internal meter. but it just shows 58mb free. which is, i freed up alot, from 22mb before Link2SD. Am i missing something here?
    Last edited by itoikenza; 05-31-2013 at 05:15 PM.

ROM
    Rasbeanjelly/Trinity

^ Link2SD doesn't increase the amount of internal storage, it just moves parts of the applications installed in the internal memory to the SD card. So with Link2SD you're still using your internal storage, just less of it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Android's built-in "internal meter" doesn't show the additional storage space created with Link2SD. To see that, open Link2SD, hit the physical menu button and select "Storage info". There you can see:
    1) Your phone's internal storage space (and how much you've used).
    2) Your new "SD Card 2nd Partition" (and how much you've used).

Every time that you install an app you'll use some of the phone's internal storage. If you link an app using Link2SD, some (not all) of that app will be moved to your SD-card partition.

E.g. On my Optimus S, Link2SD shows that I've used 115MB/165MB of my internal storage so I have 50MB of internal storage free. (Android's built-in meter shows 50MB free.) But Link2SD also shows that I've used 219MB/789MB of my SD-card's EXT4 partition. Therefore I'm using (115MB + 219MB=) 334MB, which is about twice as much memory as the phone originally had internally. (I don't have all of my apps linked.)
    Last edited by RazzMaTazz; 06-01-2013 at 09:55 PM.

RazzMaTazz is there an aternate to foxfi that can create a wep secured signal or simply "wpa-psk (TKIP)", For my psp which doesn't work with foxfi's wpa2...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

No. I don't know. I couldn't even get FoxFi to work. I'm still looking for any kind of Hotspot software for the Replenish.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123