How to increase performance & memory of your Replenish and make it a nice phone.

itoikenza

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
thanks. guys.Now i have a question about adobe flash on replenish. is there a way to have it, and not overclock? i mean can i use it just for very simple flash sites, and then disable the plugin from within opera mobile somehow?

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The Replenish has a relatively weak, slow CPU (ARM v6 @600MHz) so it can't run high-performance flash applications, but you can install Flash from THIS LINK. That will allow you to visit websites with Flash content (including games).

I think it's best to overclock the Replenish in order to give it better performance (especially if you're running Flash apps). If you use an overclocking ap (like No Frills CPU) with a governor, the phone will only increase clock speed when needed-- and you can adjust the maximum clock speed. I don't see any reason not to at least install an overclocking app.

The Flash engine only runs when you need it, so there's no need to disable it. And I don't think that there is any way to disable it.

itoikenza

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
i meant his second version. the third was meantioned but i think it was recalled. i'm rooted on the second ver. "PhoeniX 0.2". i ask because i'm afraid to try bluetooth. might it ruin/brick the phone?

simonberk

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
@RazzMaTazz I'm on Link2Sd and I have like 40ish dowloaded apps and addons. But now I'm running out of space and I get the dreaded low memory warning. What can I do??

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
SimonBerk
1) Have you really opened up Link2SD and actually "linked" all possible apps (not just "Moved to SD card"? In addition to the 30 built-in-ish system apps on my phone, I've got 40 "linked" downloaded apps and it still has extra space. But different apps store different amounts of stuff on your phone (even if they've been "linked") so it's hard to compare.
2) If you're using POP-based email, it may be filling up your memory-- especially the "Sent" mail folder. (IMAP-based mail-- or at least Gmail anyway-- has a method of caching a limited amount of recent mail on and off your phone.) If you're using POP-based mail, clean out all of the mail folders on your phone (including the "Sent" mail folder) and consider moving an IMAP-based email system.
3) Some apps, especially the web browser and Google Maps may cache a lot of data (e.g. temporary Internet files or maps) on your phone. Consider clearing out the caches of such apps.
4) Utlimately there is an internal cache limitation that you'll bump up against. It's the "caveat" in my original post. Though at 40 apps, I'd be a bit surprised if you've hit that limitation.

simonberk

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
SimonBerk
1) Have you really opened up Link2SD and actually "linked" all possible apps (not just "Moved to SD card"? In addition to the 30 built-in-ish system apps on my phone, I've got 40 "linked" downloaded apps and it still has extra space. But different apps store different amounts of stuff on your phone (even if they've been "linked") so it's hard to compare.
2) If you're using POP-based email, it may be filling up your memory-- especially the "Sent" mail folder. (IMAP-based mail-- or at least Gmail anyway-- has a method of caching a limited amount of recent mail on and off your phone.) If you're using POP-based mail, clean out all of the mail folders on your phone (including the "Sent" mail folder) and consider moving an IMAP-based email system.
3) Some apps, especially the web browser and Google Maps may cache a lot of data (e.g. temporary Internet files or maps) on your phone. Consider clearing out the caches of such apps.
4) Utlimately there is an internal cache limitation that you'll bump up against. It's the "caveat" in my original post. Though at 40 apps, I'd be a bit surprised if you've hit that limitation.

1) yes I'm sure, almost all 52 "user apps" are linked
2) I'm using the gmail app
3)I keep cleaning the cache and it gets me maybe 1 or 2 meg
anapy3u6.jpg

7y9y4azy.jpg

2amaba2u.jpg

So what do you suggest? Would it help if I move to system app play store youtube etc ?

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you've almost tripled your data space (250MB on the SD card alone) thanks to Link2SD. I guess you may just have just hit the limit of the phone's internal memory limitation. What does it look like if you go into Link2SD and sort by the apps by data size? At least that way you could see the big memory-hogging apps.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Just follow the instructions to install firehak's data2ext and be done with it. Unless you're running DMRlook's overclocking kernel and really want to keep your overclock, I find that data2ext is a vastly better solution than Link2SD.

simonberk

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just follow the instructions to install firehak's data2ext and be done with it. Unless you're running DMRlook's overclocking kernel and really want to keep your overclock, I find that data2ext is a vastly better solution than Link2SD.

I am running DMRlook's kernel. So if I install data2ext I will lose the custom kernel? And u won't be able to overclock even if I have an app like no frills?

itoikenza

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
is there any way to reject users of my hotspot via foxfi? i wanna disconnect people that know my password. cause any more than 2 connections overheats my battery, especially while charging...

simonberk

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
HELP! The Power and Volume buttons stopped working. I can turn the screen on by holding down both volume buttons which also brings up the power menu that you usually get when holding down the power button. I can turn the phone on if its off by reinserting the battery.
What's going on? Can anyone help?
Samsung Replenish
Pheonix rom
Stock kernal
Link2sd enabled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1