Samsung Replenish - Bricked from backing up my ROM?!? And Impossible to Unbrick...

gigafrost

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay I've pretty much had it here... I purchased clockworks rom manager / recovery thing, and everything looked stellar. It installs correctectly and the whole nine yards. HOWEVER when I attempted to back up my rom (used the GeeksONE setting when it asked what phone it was, as someone on this forums requested was to be used) it suddenly shuts off my phone and knocks it out cold.... Cold as a brick. And now I personally hate clockworks atm.. -_-

I had the Leaf Rom 0.2 beta installed perfectly without issues. This is actually the firs time this happened to me and in such a way, so I'm pretty upset about all this... I tried various methods, such as the following:

Method doesn't work because I have no end or call buttons on my phone :L

Turn the power off. If your Samsung Replenish is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Volume Down button, Call and End until "Samsung" appears on the screen along with a menu
Select Master reset device
When the phone is done erasing, choose the option to reboot

The other things I've tried (each method I waited out 30 seconds each to see if anything happens)

I tried Holding U and then the power button
I tried Holding C and then the power button
I tried Holding volume power and home
I tried holding 9
I tried holding 9 with the power button

None of these worked! I'm now thinking, what has this rom manager done to my phone to make it so bad!??!

The last time I checked, my batt was at 98% full. So it can't be my batery.

I backed up the data before I accidentaly bricked my phone, so i thought that would fix it if i replaced the sdard (which I formatted just to make sure before i pasted the recovery files) and nope, still no life out of this thing....

Tried the oneclickunbrick tool, but that was a stupid suggestion for me since it's powered off. So the thing is not detected obviously
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...unbrick-samsung-android-phones-one-click.html

Overall I have no idea how everyone else had success but me with this phone and I feel utterly useless and helpless... The sad thing is that my warranty has expired a long time ago so i can't call it in. I feel like I've tried everything, how is this phone still not working? Does anyone have any ideas?:':)(

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
hold down space bar and p whole holding power to boot into download mode then use odin to flash a cwm that works our device is not supported by rom manager thats why u bricked it.

gigafrost

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just tried holding space and p while holding power. It still gives no response. It would probably be a working solution, but since my phone wont even turn on from all these different emergency key presses, I think i may have killed my phone permanently..

I'm simply in awe on how much damage rom manager has done to my phone.. it's starting to look like I will have to just go broke over buying a new smartphone... sigh ;/

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the ROM Manager app probably bricked your phone. Over on the LG Optimus S forum in the sticky section, there is a big "BRICK WARNING" telling people not to install ROM Manager. The Replenish uses practically the same exact chipset and memory amount as the Optimus S, so I would expect ROM Manager to brick the Replenish, just like it bricks the Optimus S.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
There are many many posts in this forum about how Clockworkmod ROM manager will brick the Replenish. For future reference, The ONLY way to backup ROMs with this phone is to use Clockworkmod Recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22