Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213
Like Tree16Likes

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Re: [ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2

Yah. Shabby root my phone!!!

I am trying to revert my Replenish back to "stock" to get the gingerbread update. However, I keep getting stuck in ODIN. I have the correct OPS and PDA files selected, but after I click "Start" and see "START" in the top left box, nothing else happens. Here is the output in the message box:

Download Start...
    <0> Create File...
    <1> StartThread Detected : 1
    <2> StartThread Detected : 0
    <3> StartThread Detected : 0
    <4> StartThread Detected : 0
    <5> StartThread Detected : 0
    <6> StartThread Detected : 0
    <7> StartThread Detected : 0
    <8> StartThread Detected : 0
    <1> setup connection...
    <1> odin mode.. check plcatform verification.
    <1> VerifyPlatform:V0, P0,R0
    <1> START!!!

Can anyone lend a hand? It's just been sitting like this for over an hour with my phone at the "Downloading" screen. (I tried different PCs USB cables and ports. I also tried a couple different drivers. If someone had a link to the USB drivers they used, I'd gladly look at that. Additionally, I tried ODIN 4.42 and 4.43 on both 64bit Windows 7 and 32-bit Windows XP.)
    Weird thing is that I can re-flash LeafROM w root from the original instructions just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Nevermind, I found this today. Pre-rooted Gingerbread ODIN image. Works like a charm. GREAT JOB fireHak!

Go here for the ODIN Gingerbread Image (pre-rooted)

I'm still disappointed Ive been waiting for those pictures of kittens and puppy's for some time now

Quote Originally Posted by nic3a View Post
    i'm still disappointed ive been waiting for those pictures of kittens and puppy's for some time now
    ?

?

Quote Originally Posted by randyist View Post
    ?

?
    "reserved for pictures of kittens and puppies" is the second post in this thread by shabby, figured since he said he reserved the space for them should put them up
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #307  
    ROM Developer

updated :P
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer
    firehak likes this.

Thank you!

hey guys this is my first time trying to root my phone i have the replenish and as i try to run the rom i get an error 0 message and it cant write the files to my phone please help

I wonder if we could maybe lock this thread since this rom isn't currently being developed anymore?
    randyist likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tentonbricks View Post
    I wonder if we could maybe lock this thread since this rom isn't currently being developed anymore?
    +1

Guys, this is SOOO frustrating. I think I'm reasonably adept and reading carefully, but I'm thinking that there's something you may have overlooked - hopefully, something where your genius (SINCERELY) will yield a quick and successful "fix."

I'm trying to root a Samsung Replenish on Sprint. I wouldn't think the carrier matters, but something must matter!

I've tried the several things floating around on the web - KMS, Leaf Rom, Prevail-something.bat, etc.

In pretty much every case, I'm getting on my desktop messages with words like CANNOT in them, so the rooting obviously fails.

I think I heard that early in 2012 (sic), Samsung "upgraded" its firmware - could that be the issue?

Everybody says, "wait for the logo," but Samsung seems to say "Hi" with a white on black "Samsung" and then with something swirly. In both cases, the batch files come with warnings and messages that make split-second timing pretty difficult, even if I knew what to try for.

I'm 100% FOR your "have it your way" philosophy, and I recognize that there are lots of handsets, and you very reasonably "care more" about more popular ones. It's removing the bloat - changing "Browser" to Opera without getting a zillion messages of a "Which Browser" variety - that is my goal. Maybe, if rooting requires luck and skill beyond me, someone knows how to deal with the worst aspects of "factory defaults" without rooting.

Thanks.

ROM
    Stock

There is no method to rooting an up to date Replenish, especially with Shabby's outdated rom. We moved on a "cheated" by flashing and pre-rooting. Look at PhoeniX ROM, based off LeafRom. Even Shabbypenguin helped me gather things together to get it started.

Default Re: [ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    thanks for teh support!

as for any issues or requests, im all ears
    i keep trying to install, i get errors of failed chmod

ROM
    Rasbeanjelly/Trinity

Default Re: [ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by swtnss View Post
    i keep trying to install, i get errors of failed chmod
    Don't use LeafROM, it's terribly outdated.

If you're on sprint, look for firehak's' Phoenix ROM 0.2. If you're on Boost Mobile, use dmrlook's root/kernel script.

Quote Originally Posted by rodya234 View Post
    Don't use LeafROM, it's terribly outdated.

If you're on sprint, look for firehak's' Phoenix ROM 0.2. If you're on Boost Mobile, use dmrlook's root/kernel script.
    Ok I have pheonix but hate it. I want the stock recovery for boost. He nandroid backup doesn't have the stock recovery

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

Quote Originally Posted by swtnss View Post
    Ok I have pheonix but hate it. I want the stock recovery for boost. He nandroid backup doesn't have the stock recovery

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
    Why are u wanting stock recovery? Are u returning your device?

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ciscogee View Post
    Why are u wanting stock recovery? Are u returning your device?

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    yess that is it.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213