[ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2
10-31-2012 07:16 PM
- 07-20-2011 09:48 PM
- So sorry for the long wait. Had the file since about two minutes after you asked--didn't have access to a computer to send it, and apparently you can't upload from the phone browser Now I have a computer, but the website's refusing my upload. Even tried renaming it to "EF27system.apk" cuz the uploader says there are size limits and a .apk is the only format that could handle the size of the file >< Regardless, it didn't work :/
Oh, and the rooting. I did root my ED23, updated, lost root, rerooted successfully. Just did the same thing as before--the key thing for me was that the .bat had to be run twice. The first time it rebooted the phone, but not rooted. The second time it rooted the phone (and rebooted too). Needed to do that both for ED23 and EF27 hope the info is helpful ^^07-20-2011 11:47 PM
- 07-21-2011 12:49 AM
- Has anyone tried using bluetooth with Leaf? On both .1 and .2, about 45 minutes after I enable bluetooth, my phone just starts running so slowly that the only real option is to remove the battery to restart the phone and turn bluetooth back off, or it will happen again. Is there any way I can troubleshoot to find out what may be interacting with the bluetooth to find out what's causing this?07-21-2011 01:23 AM
- Has anyone tried using bluetooth with Leaf? On both .1 and .2, about 45 minutes after I enable bluetooth, my phone just starts running so slowly that the only real option is to remove the battery to restart the phone and turn bluetooth back off, or it will happen again. Is there any way I can troubleshoot to find out what may be interacting with the bluetooth to find out what's causing this?07-21-2011 01:26 AM
- Ever since installing 0.2 I've had problems with a few apps crashing and/or not showing up in the app tray.
app2sd has a bad problem with force closing, and the Twitter for Android app, while running fine, does not show up in the app tray. I have to long-press on a home screen and add it to the screen that way.
Could this be something I've screwed with, or is it possible there is something screwy with the ROM?07-21-2011 08:50 AM
- app2sd I also had an issue with- it always crashes. However you can easily do what app2sd does as follows:
Go to a terminal emulator (you can easily download one from the market) and at the prompt, type "su" and enter.
Make sure you press Allow when the super user app asks if it is ok for the terminal emulator to get super user permissions.
At the next prompt, type "pm setInstallLocation 2" and hit enter.
This will default all apps that can install to the SD card go there on future installs.
Following this, you can move allowed apps to the SD card that are already installed.
If you can do this, I don't see a need for app2sd.07-21-2011 09:41 AM
- I was very excited to root my dads phone because he desperately need to use it as a wifi hotspot....well, I went to activate his phone and somehow sprint got the EF27 onto his phone....I have not idea how they did it since I denied the update...but they got it on. I tried to root my dads phone about 5 different times and it never worked although "phone info" says the leaf rom is installed. I hope I can get it on his phone soon.07-21-2011 10:23 AM
- ...Am I the -only- person who has successfully rooted stock after EF27?Oh, and the rooting. I did root my ED23, updated, lost root, rerooted successfully. Just did the same thing as before--the key thing for me was that the .bat had to be run twice. The first time it rebooted the phone, but not rooted. The second time it rooted the phone (and rebooted too). Needed to do that both for ED23 and EF27 hope the info is helpful ^^07-21-2011 10:46 AM
- Shabbypenguin and the Android Creative Syndicate
are proud to present to you
Alright lets get to the nitty gritty of it all, this is the thread where all 0.x-1.x versions will be released, as it stands right now this is nothing more then just a glorified stock, but its better then that . deodexing the rom allows for easier themeing so i want to see some creative **** start to flow in.. yall dont want me making themes... anyways down to the goods
- - Custom bootanimations (sorry guys my graphics guys didnt have the time to make one for yall's phone.. and rather then putting this off i figured you would find one you liked ..)
- - Maximized Media scanner speeds
- - Changed out some of teh apps for slightly better apps
- - removed sprint id and base launcher, included now is go launcher. a feature rich launcher with all sorts of cool things (and themes)
- - Removed RescueStarter and RescueServer from the phone.
- - Now has the latest in malware protecting (yes even the gingerbread malware apps)
- - Sped up media scanning
- - Added GPS tweaks
- - Added ad blocking hosts file
- - Enabled ADB on boot
- - Increased max window manager events to 60 (smoothness increase)
- - Several other build.prop tweaks
- - Deodex'd
- - Zipaligned
- - Bloat removed
- - Pre-rooted
- - Enabled stagefright
Ok look i know yall are getting the update today and all that and so it may seem like this is kinda pointless, but firehak was nice enough to get me a copy of teh update (ill post it here in a min)., but alas its just like teh prevail and its filled with patches.. so that mean i need some brave person on stock to update and snag the base files for me.
now im sure some of you are prolly wondering what Rescue server and rescue starter are. well hidden away on the prevail i came across some interesting code for it, as it turns out its a program developed by logmein for sprint. for anyone unfamiliar with logmein, its a remote access company.
now look i understand there is porlly a 100 ways sprint can access the device and do what they want when they want. my only question is, do they really need such an obvious show of it? its constantly running (dont bother checking "running services tab" using adb shell or terminal emulator type in the following:
if you get a number then tada... yours is running . so back to what i was saying, does sprint really ned this process running in the background? i say nay, phones already have crappy life why have more crap running (hidden at that). all i did for teh rom is remove the binaries, with teh files firehak gave me i should be able to construct a odin tar for yall.
Interdpth - For making root possible
ACS - For being a kickass team of like minded devs/themers/people
to all my beta testers for beta testing and risking their phones
Rodderik - for teh malware patch
k0nane - for so much help along the way
Firehak - For just being an awesome guy
to be on this rom for the replenish?
it seem cool to have it..07-21-2011 11:12 AM
- 07-21-2011 12:38 PM
- 07-21-2011 01:26 PM
- Just so you see a reply has peen posted, I'll double post instead of edit. I've been running bluetooth for about an hour now without issue. To make sure I wasn't lagging at all, I even streamed music to my laptop and streamed part of a movie to my phone with some VLC controller apps I just found.07-22-2011 01:40 PM
- 07-22-2011 09:44 PM
- When you download/extract LeafRom, there is a Rom\Framework folder. Inside, there is a file called "framework-res.apk." In your computers web browser, go the the theme kitchen and start picking out your mods and theme mods.On the file upload tab, you upload framework-res.apk and wait on it to "cook" your file.
After that, you just download and extract their zip file, look for the framework-res.apk file inside the "framework" folder, and move it into the LeafRom Rom\Framework folder and run the batch script to send the rom over. If you don't need to flash the rom over, you could use my app or wait for the new version of my app that I'm putting out to customize your phone. If you need another video, I can probably do one Sunday.07-22-2011 10:30 PM
- The lag I'm experiencing is completely noticeable; I'm talking even coming out of lock screen takes a couple minutes. If you're not seeing it, it's probably some interaction between Leaf and some other app I'm running. As I said, this definitely didn't happen on stock. I'll start uninstalling stuff that I think might have something to do with the bluetooth and see what I get; I may even just recover to stock Leaf .2 and go from there. Thanks for your help. If I do come across the app that seems to be causing issues, what kind of troubleshooting can I do to pinpoint the exact interaction that's having problems? I do have the Android SDK, so could I load Leaf .2 to that with a virtual device and get any meaningful data? I haven't used SDK yet, so I'd need some help doing so if it would accomplish anything.Just so you see a reply has peen posted, I'll double post instead of edit. I've been running bluetooth for about an hour now without issue. To make sure I wasn't lagging at all, I even streamed music to my laptop and streamed part of a movie to my phone with some VLC controller apps I just found.07-23-2011 01:03 AM
- I have left my phone on all day from about 90% and let it drain to about 40% battery life with bluetooth running. My phone was not plugged in for any period of time because I was moving into my dad's house today. It went into lock mode and came out just fine, I got and placed calls, used a remote control app for VLC, played a little Doodlejump, browsed Facebook and Google+, etc.. I'm not experiencing any issues at all.
I wish I could answer your question about the SDK and how to pinpoint what exactly is causing issues, but I'm pretty much an Android newbie like the majority of people posting on this thread. I got the Replenish maybe a week after it came out, and it's my first smart phone. My best advice is to do what you suggested about uninstalling apps to try and see which cause issues. If it persists, maybe even re-flash. You may have just been unlucky and disconnected for a slight period of time during the transfer and screwed up the bluetooth apk.
If you do suspect it's just the apk being corrupted, you don't have to re-flash the entire rom and factory wipe unless you'd really rather start from scratch. If you like, I can post the commands to send it with adb.exe if you don't already know how.07-23-2011 01:49 AM
- 07-23-2011 04:32 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Samsung Replenish
[ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD