[ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2

Freak4Dell

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.1

Awesome...trying it now.

Done. The boot animation wasn't replaced, but I knew that going in, since I didn't do anything with that folder anyway.

I'll have to figure out how to tweak the script to only do the framework, since I can already tell I'm going to be messing with this a few times.

Great work, ShabbyPenguin. The phone does seem a tad faster now. I'll keep an eye on battery life the next few days.

Last edited:

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

When does the animation play?

As for Shabby's ROM, it is faster and the battery does last longer. The install process was a breeze. I'm a happy customer. Thanks Shabby!

Freak4Dell

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

It's not that the animation doesn't play or plays at the wrong time. It's just that the stock animation plays instead of the one I picked in UOT. I'm thinking this is because I didn't utilize the folder that came with the UOT zip called data that had the bootanimation.zip file in it.

No big deal. I'm sure at some point there will be a custom recovery that I can use to flash boot animations and stuff.

cc2918

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

hello again. thanks for all the replies.
i have 2 more question..
where can i download this driver?(or is it default automatic windows driver? or special 1 needed?)
how do i put phone into usb debug mode?

thanks again.

Freak4Dell

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

hello again. thanks for all the replies.
i have 2 more question..
where can i download this driver?(or is it default automatic windows driver? or special 1 needed?)
how do i put phone into usb debug mode?

thanks again.

As far as I know, there isn't a driver specific to the Replenish yet. However, I've heard that Samsung Galaxy S drivers will work, and I think that's what I used whenever I rooted.

To put the phone in debug mode, go to Settings>Applications>Development and enable USB Debugging.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Yes - that is normal. For example, if you have gross location enabled in the settings->location tab, google maps is always running.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

blah! is androidcentral showing messed up to anyone else? i check this site like 3 times a day and this is the first time its let me know anyone posted in this forum.

anyways guys working on 0.2 which should allow for custom boot animation

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

It's not that the animation doesn't play or plays at the wrong time. It's just that the stock animation plays instead of the one I picked in UOT. I'm thinking this is because I didn't utilize the folder that came with the UOT zip called data that had the bootanimation.zip file in it.

No big deal. I'm sure at some point there will be a custom recovery that I can use to flash boot animations and stuff.

No, it really doesn't play. I made a new .bat to quickly push just my custom files from UOT and it doesn't play. I noticed that plenty of icons and themes only partially get applied for some reason. It seems like Froyo is much less supported than Gingerbread. We could probably manually edit the .apk file though.

Great to hear you're working on 0.2 already Shabby, thanks! Anything specific besides boot animations being worked on for the upcoming version?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Shabby. FYI - you can remove factorytest.apk from the system/app folder if you like - it will free up over 4.6MB and I've done so, and from what I can tell, it has no effect. Will your upcoming change to allow custom boot animation only impact the framework-res.apk package? If so, then I can push just that and not have to reflash and factory wipe everything.

Thanks!

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

not real sure about features still trying to iron out shabbymod 0.9 for teh prevail, the good thing about that is anything that i change on their phone effects you guys as well.

ok cool, thanks for letting me know id like to clean out all the bloat if possible, as i dont have the phone i dont want to go removing things like sprint android extension (allows for prl and profile updates) but sometimes things are hidden a bit more. like sprint id's name is w_installer.apk so im relying on you guys for feedback on what to improve. got a few users here, 1 over at the ACS forums.. and even tho i also posted this on the androidforums for teh replenish i havent gotten a single reply or any activty since i said i was making a rom.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if you've come across this, but I was given this link over at Cyanogenmod on removing Sprint bloatware. Maybe it could help you some? Safe Apps to Remove - SDX-Developers

I'd still suggest people keeping a backup of stock or backing up any apk file before removing. I didn't think to backup my files before pushing LeafRom over, but I don't see any problems with the rom to care at the moment.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

That's the link I started from. I've poked around and don't know what else we can remove in addition to what was already removed plus my suggestion above. The list calls out apps like calculator.apk, however I know I use that from time to time, and I imagine others do as well, so I'd hate to see that removed for all.

For folks that want to remove more stuff, all they need to do is remove it from the "Rom/system/app" directory in Shabby's zip before running.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

They'd also need to do an rm /system/apk-name.apk before the factory reset unless the script removes /system/* by default. I can't remember at the moment and don't have access to a computer right now

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

If Leaf Rom provides all needed files is all I meant. By the way, I've been trying to reply to your pm, but nothing shows up in my sent box? Have you ever resolved your issue? It sounded like a corrupted zip or something went wrong on their side.

grndslm

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I will be ready for Leaf Rom 0.2 if it removes the 100 sms/hr limit altogether...

How to Remove the 100 SMS Limit Each Hour | Market 4 Android
C:\Android\tools> adb shell
# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
SQLite version 3.5.9
Enter “.help” for instructions
sqlite> INSERT INTO gservices (name, value) VALUES(‘sms_outgoing_check_interval_ms’, 0);
INSERT INTO gservices (name, value) VALUES(‘sms_outgoing_check_interval_ms’, 0);
sqlite>

That would make me so very, very happy... even tho I should be able to do that myself since the Leaf Rom allows root access, but yea...

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I wasn't even aware that we had a limiter on texting. Thanks for the link and commands.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

not at all a problem, install is just the same as root :) download, extract, run the batch file (windows) or sh file (linux/mac) if you get errors, reboot the phone and run it as the phone boots up

Gonna be a n00b here and ask a dumb question.

You say it's the "same as root". Does that mean I still need to root first, or does this do the rooting and flashing of the ROM also? This is my very first Android phone, so I'm a little confused/scared of messing something up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante