KNOX after S4 Update

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if someone had asked this but couldnt find anything on it. I know what Samsung Knox does based on what I read from Samsung website. But after the update I'm not seeing an app for this that I can open, not even any type of settings. I did see it listed under All Applications. Is this one of those run in the background type of application and I won't need to do anything further with it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it is for enterprise system such as companies that use these phones as corporate phones and need a more secure solution for email etc. My company uses iphone.

bswangolf

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I asked about the same thing in another thread. Idk either? So far all I have found on the subject, everyone is only concerned about if it messes up there root, or how to download kies or wifi. From what I read also knox sounds. Badass. But no-one seems to care about it?
Planoman. Sorry to hear your company stuck you with an iphone. But those companies get paid to use apple products.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
IPhone is not secure with enterprise email system software? I thought iPhone is one of the ones that is more secure?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

r1dramma

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I found it exactly where stated above but It won't allow me to activate it. Any suggestions on how to get it started or if it's necessary to have it running? I heard that there's an app called Samsung wallet that came with the new update but I didn't get that at all. I got the update yesterday morning here in Charlotte, NC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I froze Knox. It's annoying.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Sprint, GS4, Android 4.3. I can not Force Stop or Uninstall Knox. I constantly get a security notification. Before 4.3 I never knew Knox existed.
"To find KNOX-You have to go to Settings>More>Security>Device Administrators." The Knox is grayed out at this location.

Ray

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sprint, GS4, Android 4.3. I can not Force Stop or Uninstall Knox. I constantly get a security notification. Before 4.3 I never knew Knox existed.
"To find KNOX-You have to go to Settings>More>Security>Device Administrators." The Knox is grayed out at this location.

Ray

Don't force stop it, disable it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Where can I disable it?. Turn off Force Stop then I'll be able to install it and then disable it? That seems like a slippery slop getting me more into Knox.
Ray

Settings > Application Manager > But it appears after trying it myself, that DISABLE is Greyed out and can't be done. Not sure what to tell you. Sorry

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
IPhone is not secure with enterprise email system software? I thought iPhone is one of the ones that is more secure?

I guarantee the POTUS would be a huge apple fanboy if he could. If you notice he only is seen with a Blackberry in any official positions.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I guarantee the POTUS would be a huge apple fanboy if he could. If you notice he only is seen with a Blackberry in any official positions.

Obama had to fight to keep his Blackberry. He refused to go anything but. It was actually quite a fight. Blackberry is actually one of the most secure phones out there. iPhone is dead last. No wait, Windows phones are dead last, then iPhone

Wonder what Obamas BBM PIN is ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781