Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhinc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KNOX after S4 Update

Not sure if someone had asked this but couldnt find anything on it. I know what Samsung Knox does based on what I read from Samsung website. But after the update I'm not seeing an app for this that I can open, not even any type of settings. I did see it listed under All Applications. Is this one of those run in the background type of application and I won't need to do anything further with it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Default Re: KNOX after S4 Update

I think it is for enterprise system such as companies that use these phones as corporate phones and need a more secure solution for email etc. My company uses iphone.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

I asked about the same thing in another thread. Idk either? So far all I have found on the subject, everyone is only concerned about if it messes up there root, or how to download kies or wifi. From what I read also knox sounds. Badass. But no-one seems to care about it?
    Planoman. Sorry to hear your company stuck you with an iphone. But those companies get paid to use apple products.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

IPhone is not secure with enterprise email system software? I thought iPhone is one of the ones that is more secure?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

To find KNOX-You have to go to Settings>More>Security>Device Administrators.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polar3d View Post
    To find KNOX-You have to go to Settings>More>Security>Device Administrators.
    Yup and if it's already activated, then you should have an icon. I did after my upgrade
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

I found it exactly where stated above but It won't allow me to activate it. Any suggestions on how to get it started or if it's necessary to have it running? I heard that there's an app called Samsung wallet that came with the new update but I didn't get that at all. I got the update yesterday morning here in Charlotte, NC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Perhaps this will help.

I froze Knox. It's annoying.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I froze Knox. It's annoying.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sprint, GS4, Android 4.3. I can not Force Stop or Uninstall Knox. I constantly get a security notification. Before 4.3 I never knew Knox existed.
    "To find KNOX-You have to go to Settings>More>Security>Device Administrators." The Knox is grayed out at this location.

Ray

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Mascia View Post
    Sprint, GS4, Android 4.3. I can not Force Stop or Uninstall Knox. I constantly get a security notification. Before 4.3 I never knew Knox existed.
    "To find KNOX-You have to go to Settings>More>Security>Device Administrators." The Knox is grayed out at this location.

Ray
    Don't force stop it, disable it.
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Don't force stop it, disable it.
    Where can I disable it?. Turn off Force Stop then I'll be able to install it and then disable it? That seems like a slippery slop getting me more into Knox.
    Ray

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Mascia View Post
    Where can I disable it?. Turn off Force Stop then I'll be able to install it and then disable it? That seems like a slippery slop getting me more into Knox.
    Ray
    Settings > Application Manager > But it appears after trying it myself, that DISABLE is Greyed out and can't be done. Not sure what to tell you. Sorry
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Notsosure View Post
    IPhone is not secure with enterprise email system software? I thought iPhone is one of the ones that is more secure?
    I guarantee the POTUS would be a huge apple fanboy if he could. If you notice he only is seen with a Blackberry in any official positions.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    I guarantee the POTUS would be a huge apple fanboy if he could. If you notice he only is seen with a Blackberry in any official positions.
    Obama had to fight to keep his Blackberry. He refused to go anything but. It was actually quite a fight. Blackberry is actually one of the most secure phones out there. iPhone is dead last. No wait, Windows phones are dead last, then iPhone

Wonder what Obamas BBM PIN is
    Telus Mobility
    ---
    trucky likes this.