How to enable KNOX Security

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Use the force..er..the s-pen I mean, Luke. Open the search with air command and type in Knox. There should be something you can click in order to install it (yes, needs to be activated). Sorry, but I cannot remember better details anymore. I use it almost daily tho, since there are couple sensitive password photos I need.

Sent using Note3

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There is KNOX for the Enterprise and KNOX Personal which I is for the regular consumer. It was suppose to be on the NOTE 3 and isn't depending on your carrier. I have heard one of 2 things is going to happen. Either a update will be provided in the next week or two to enable it, or Samsung will release the app to the Play store at some time in the future.

The device administrator option for KNOX is there for the Enterprise I believe. It does nothing to enable the standard user to use there phone with the extra security KNOX can provide. Appearently ATT, and Verizon left the stub to download the app off their version of the NOTE 3. Seriously this make me want to return it and go find a international unlocked version to get away from the carrier BS. I am tired of carriers screwing with the standard included software on a device I buy and own.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Use the force..er..the s-pen I mean, Luke. Open the search with air command and type in Knox. There should be something you can click in order to install it (yes, needs to be activated). Sorry, but I cannot remember better details anymore. I use it almost daily tho, since there are couple sensitive password photos I need.

Sent using Note3

What carrier do you have. The problem is it isn't on some phones based on carrier. ATT and Verizon are the two that stand out the most becuase of their size. I know T-Mobile has it though

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
What carrier do you have. The problem is it isn't on some phones based on carrier. ATT and Verizon are the two that stand out the most becuase of their size. I know T-Mobile has it though

Okay, good point. I have the international N9005 version. No carriers involved.

Sent using Note3

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have T-Mobile and Knox is available, you just have to install it. I think it is absolutely ridiculous how these carriers can take away certain features.

Posted via Android Central App

kool_zero

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have T-Mobile and Knox is available, you just have to install it. I think it is absolutely ridiculous how these carriers can take away certain features.

This isn't the case for Verizon or AT&T that we can find. I spoke with 2 Samsung Reps in person and they spoke with their team leads via the sms chat on their phones. Both stated after 30 minutes of searching for a way to get Knox to work, that Samsung would have to send out a push in 1-2 weeks to make this work for specific carriers.

Where did you install it from? I tried to install the Samsung Apps application as well but Knox did not exist there either. Unless someone can get a hold of the APK and sideload it, I don't think it is possible until the push comes out.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Where did you install it from? I tried to install the Samsung Apps application as well but Knox did not exist there either. Unless someone can get a hold of the APK and sideload it, I don't think it is possible until the push comes out.

Go to the link in my post above. It will download the apk for the stub. Then just run the install. I have been using Knox all morning on my ATT Note 3. Love what it will let me do for my work.

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
This isn't the case for Verizon or AT&T that we can find. I spoke with 2 Samsung Reps in person and they spoke with their team leads via the sms chat on their phones. Both stated after 30 minutes of searching for a way to get Knox to work, that Samsung would have to send out a push in 1-2 weeks to make this work for specific carriers.

I have a knox app icon in my app drawer, I took a screenshot but I don't know how to add it on the mobile app. When you click on the app it brings up a box that ask if I want to install it. I can't take a screenshot of this because it's DRM protected.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a knox app icon in my app drawer, I took a screenshot but I don't know how to add it on the mobile app. When you click on the app it brings up a box that ask if I want to install it. I can't take a screenshot of this because it's DRM protected.

And who is your carrier

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Inside the Knox you cannot take screenshots because it is one of the points why it is so secure. However, are you saying you cannot take screenshot of the launch icon? That shouldn't be a problem.

kool_zero

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Go to the link in my post above. It will download the apk for the stub. Then just run the install. I have been using Knox all morning on my ATT Note 3. Love what it will let me do for my work.

I tried this but when I launch KNOX, it just says no updates are available. Thoughts?

--Looks like a VZW Note 3 issue :(

Last edited:

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that means that stub apk will only work on the att version.

So it does give you the icon. But then doesn't give the option to install it after selecting it?

Maybe Verizon is blocking it some other way. Can you create a screenshot. I am just curious about what it says.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe that means that stub apk will only work on the att version.

So it does give you the icon. But then doesn't give the option to install it after selecting it?

Maybe Verizon is blocking it some other way. Can you create a screenshot. I am just curious about what it says.

I got the same thing on my phone. I'm also on VZW.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe it's on the Sprint version as it was on mine.. Just still haven't read or figured out what it's used for..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's on the Sprint version as it was on mine.. Just still haven't read or figured out what it's used for..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Think of it like a phone inside a phone with extra security. The perfect and intended use is to provide a way with extra security to isolate work from personal data. It is pretty cool how it works, and it seems to work well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463