Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts

Post How to enable KNOX Security

Since people were having a hard time with this and samsung and Verizon support were no help:

How to enable KNOX Security-2013-10-11-09-47-08.jpg

How to enable KNOX Security-2013-10-11-09-47-24.jpg

How to enable KNOX Security-2013-10-11-09-43-39.jpg

How to enable KNOX Security-2013-10-11-09-43-57.jpg

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Re: How to enable KNOX Security

This doesn't enable the actual application though. There is no Knox app anywhere on the phone.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Use the force..er..the s-pen I mean, Luke. Open the search with air command and type in Knox. There should be something you can click in order to install it (yes, needs to be activated). Sorry, but I cannot remember better details anymore. I use it almost daily tho, since there are couple sensitive password photos I need.

Sent using Note3

There is KNOX for the Enterprise and KNOX Personal which I is for the regular consumer. It was suppose to be on the NOTE 3 and isn't depending on your carrier. I have heard one of 2 things is going to happen. Either a update will be provided in the next week or two to enable it, or Samsung will release the app to the Play store at some time in the future.

The device administrator option for KNOX is there for the Enterprise I believe. It does nothing to enable the standard user to use there phone with the extra security KNOX can provide. Appearently ATT, and Verizon left the stub to download the app off their version of the NOTE 3. Seriously this make me want to return it and go find a international unlocked version to get away from the carrier BS. I am tired of carriers screwing with the standard included software on a device I buy and own.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Quote Originally Posted by Botti View Post
    Use the force..er..the s-pen I mean, Luke. Open the search with air command and type in Knox. There should be something you can click in order to install it (yes, needs to be activated). Sorry, but I cannot remember better details anymore. I use it almost daily tho, since there are couple sensitive password photos I need.

Sent using Note3
    What carrier do you have. The problem is it isn't on some phones based on carrier. ATT and Verizon are the two that stand out the most becuase of their size. I know T-Mobile has it though
    Craig

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    What carrier do you have. The problem is it isn't on some phones based on carrier. ATT and Verizon are the two that stand out the most becuase of their size. I know T-Mobile has it though
    Okay, good point. I have the international N9005 version. No carriers involved.

Sent using Note3

The tread at xda was updated recently with info on how to get the stub on our phones. Follow the link below to side load the knox stub for install. You will need to enable loading from a unknown source temporarily to get it loaded. Once done enjoy knox. I just tried on my att phone and it worked.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1381492916

Posted via Android Central App
    Craig
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I have T-Mobile and Knox is available, you just have to install it. I think it is absolutely ridiculous how these carriers can take away certain features.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mspace81 View Post
    I have T-Mobile and Knox is available, you just have to install it. I think it is absolutely ridiculous how these carriers can take away certain features.

This isn't the case for Verizon or AT&T that we can find. I spoke with 2 Samsung Reps in person and they spoke with their team leads via the sms chat on their phones. Both stated after 30 minutes of searching for a way to get Knox to work, that Samsung would have to send out a push in 1-2 weeks to make this work for specific carriers.

Where did you install it from? I tried to install the Samsung Apps application as well but Knox did not exist there either. Unless someone can get a hold of the APK and sideload it, I don't think it is possible until the push comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by kool_zero View Post
    Where did you install it from? I tried to install the Samsung Apps application as well but Knox did not exist there either. Unless someone can get a hold of the APK and sideload it, I don't think it is possible until the push comes out.
    Go to the link in my post above. It will download the apk for the stub. Then just run the install. I have been using Knox all morning on my ATT Note 3. Love what it will let me do for my work.

Craig

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kool_zero View Post
    This isn't the case for Verizon or AT&T that we can find. I spoke with 2 Samsung Reps in person and they spoke with their team leads via the sms chat on their phones. Both stated after 30 minutes of searching for a way to get Knox to work, that Samsung would have to send out a push in 1-2 weeks to make this work for specific carriers.

I have a knox app icon in my app drawer, I took a screenshot but I don't know how to add it on the mobile app. When you click on the app it brings up a box that ask if I want to install it. I can't take a screenshot of this because it's DRM protected.

I have a knox app icon in my app drawer, I took a screenshot but I don't know how to add it on the mobile app. When you click on the app it brings up a box that ask if I want to install it. I can't take a screenshot of this because it's DRM protected.

And who is your carrier

Craig

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Inside the Knox you cannot take screenshots because it is one of the points why it is so secure. However, are you saying you cannot take screenshot of the launch icon? That shouldn't be a problem.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Go to the link in my post above. It will download the apk for the stub. Then just run the install. I have been using Knox all morning on my ATT Note 3. Love what it will let me do for my work.

I tried this but when I launch KNOX, it just says no updates are available. Thoughts?

--Looks like a VZW Note 3 issue
    Last edited by kool_zero; 10-12-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Maybe that means that stub apk will only work on the att version.

So it does give you the icon. But then doesn't give the option to install it after selecting it?

Maybe Verizon is blocking it some other way. Can you create a screenshot. I am just curious about what it says.

Craig

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Maybe that means that stub apk will only work on the att version.

So it does give you the icon. But then doesn't give the option to install it after selecting it?

Maybe Verizon is blocking it some other way. Can you create a screenshot. I am just curious about what it says.

I got the same thing on my phone. I'm also on VZW.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Sorry guys I guess I was too hopeful that apk would fix all of us.

Craig
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

I believe it's on the Sprint version as it was on mine.. Just still haven't read or figured out what it's used for..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got mine working (att) Not sure if i will use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    I believe it's on the Sprint version as it was on mine.. Just still haven't read or figured out what it's used for..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Think of it like a phone inside a phone with extra security. The perfect and intended use is to provide a way with extra security to isolate work from personal data. It is pretty cool how it works, and it seems to work well.

Craig
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks you mavrrick....that link got me the apk....
    Thanked by:

Thank you so much. I am downloading and installing it now. Knox was one of the deciding factors for me when switching to android and the note 3 i was upset that mine did not come with it. But I am getting it now

knox is on the Canadian telus phone

which is cool....At first i deleted it cause I didn't think I would use it or afraid it would screwed my device. On the last few days I was looking for a good password keeper from the play store but nothing caught my eyes. This morning reading this post made me think why not using knox for that..So I had to factory reset to get it back on my phone which I did and it works well.

Thanks to Mavvrick! Was also pissed when my note 3 was delivered without Knox (and FM Radio). Just downloaded. Now I need to figure out how to add my work apps since I am on a BYOD plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast