Samsung Knox Battery Drain

Quaz

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So I was having issues with battery life, and the good folk at Samsung suggested a factory re set.

Once that nightmare subsided, I was dealt a new issue after the battery drained around 85% in 1.5 hours. I installed Better Battery Stats, and discovered "Samsung Knox" has used 62% of that juice!

Everything is turned off, but when you see the "included packages" it appears in around 50 of them!

Has anyone else seen this? And more importanly, any ideas how to fix it??

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The battery drain... Check your battery. That's the first symptom I got before I discovered that my battery was defective. 30% of users got defective batteries from Samsung. My phone was just two months old when I discovered it.

As for Samsung Knox... Perhaps all will be fixed after you have fixed the first problem, which is actually the battery. I also did a factory reset with mine. Only realized later how dangerous that was. If my battery gave way in the middle of a factory reset, I would be stuck with a brick.

If you have defective batteries, you need to get it replaced ASAP. Otherwise those symptoms are going to get worse. Get warranty from Sammy with your battery if it's less than 6 months old. If not, just buy a new one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cmikea

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I was having issues with my battery draining fast after just charging it. My phone is under warranty from Att so they are sending me a new one. I just found out about this issue today. And I thought this problem was just me.

Posted via Android Central App

newmankd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I don't think it's a defective battery... Knox is draining it! 29% today versus the next highest app at around 9%. I tried to disable it with Package Disabler Pro, but that's a joke and doesn't really disable it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there still no workaround for Knox? It's KILLING my battery!! I can't stop the app and I can't uninstall it. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance